SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Did the wolf get a kill?

Ghost was in the preview for next week

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Did Arya kill the night king with Little Finger's dagger or dragon glass?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I thought dragon glass was supposed to kill the soldiers for good. Guess not.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The army of dead we saw get raised were all the good guys who died in the battle earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:

To take it a bit further, I was under the impression that Arya had handed off little finger's dagger to Sansa before she entered the crypt when she said "Stick them with the pointy end"

It seemed like she used Little finger's dagger to slay the night king?

Either she handed off a different weapon, or it was a weird continuity error.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
I think the dark theme might have something to do with "The night is dark and full of terrors"

I would imagine this was intentional by the directors.

Similar to the men and the women on the battlefield, I found myself on the edge of my seat staring at the TV straining to see anything that looked anything familiar.

Thinking back, I think it was a cool effect

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
quote:

To take it a bit further, I was under the impression that Arya had handed off little finger's dagger to Sansa before she entered the crypt when she said "Stick them with the pointy end"

It seemed like she used Little finger's dagger to slay the night king?

Either she handed off a different weapon, or it was a weird continuity error.

Arya gave Sansa a Dragonglass dagger. She used the VS dagger to kill the NK.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
So dark there’s no reason to watch it again. Annoying how dark it is. Makes me wonder if that was their solution to crappy effects.

For me at least, it gives you a sense of the chaos the characters are experiencing.

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I'm still trying to figure out where Arya came from to do what she did with the Catspaw Dagger near Bran.

And is she the "one" from the Azor Ahai Prophecy?

A girl is silent. I think that Azor Ahai could be Jamie.

quote:

The Valyrian steel dagger. She stuck him right in the same place the children of the forest plunged the dragon glass shard to create him.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1732 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Soooooo is the true identity of the NK ever going to be explained? I thought Targaryen's ride dragons and can survive fire? I haven't read the books and have to plan to do so. Maybe those who know the storyline better can explain.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
We don't know yet. It hasn't been explained in either the show or the books.

All we know is that he's one of the First Men, from many thousands of years ago, who was captured and turned into the first White Walker by the Children of the Forest, to be used as a weapon during their war against the humans. He got out of control, and the humans and Children ended up calling a truce and allying to fight the White Walkers the first time.

He's not a Targaryen. All that was like ten thousand years before the Targaryens came over to Westeros from Essos. But it is possible that he is also a carrier of whatever magic it is that makes Targaryens immune to fire as well. He was able to ride the zombie dragon because he has total control over any wights he raises. He didn't have to rely on the dragon accepting him of its own free will, like Dany or Jon.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I like this guys recap videos:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/mLiLtjrfVPM

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1732 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
A tad lite on big deaths but otherwise excellent.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Close ups of episode 4 preview show 2 dragons flying and Ghost alive.

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I thought Targaryen's ride dragons and can survive fire?
Did John Snow forget that he is a Targaryen, and had no need to hide from Viserion's fire? Maybe he didn't want to lost fancy threads and go buck naked. Big Grin

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I'm still trying to figure out where Arya came from to do what she did with the Catspaw Dagger near Bran.
The girl is no one. And she grew up in Winterfell, likely knowing secret passages, etc to get to the Godswood, from there likely just a couple of creeps through the Wights and then the sprint / jump to the finish... one of the white walker crew feels her run by and likely how the Night King turned in time, almost..

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
quote:
Did John Snow forget that he is a Targaryen, and had no need to hide from Viserion's fire? Maybe he didn't want to lost fancy threads and go buck naked. Big Grin

We don't know if Dany is immune to the blue fire, and Jon has no idea he may be fireproof yet I don't think

Jorah went out like he should.. defending his love, his queen, with honor and badassery. I always liked his character, sad to see him go but that was the death he deserved.

Yes the dark was a but much, but I agree that was the whole point. To build to tension, and you see what they do, nothing but darkness that's filled with a whole bunch of oh shit.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
quote:

We don't know if Dany is immune to the blue fire, and Jon has no idea he may be fireproof yet I don't think

Jorah went out like he should.. defending his love, his queen, with honor and badassery. I always liked his character, sad to see him go but that was the death he deserved.

Yes the dark was a but much, but I agree that was the whole point. To build to tension, and you see what they do, nothing but darkness that's filled with a whole bunch of oh shit.

Jon suffered a burn to his hand in the first season or two at Castle Black, fighting a wight (or was it a WW? - I think yes, but less creepy than the WW generals), so he doesn't seem immune to fire.

One thing that puzzled me was the moment where Jon was on the ground and finally just decided to go face-to-face w/Viscereon. It seems like Vis intentionally didn't attack.

I didn't find the darkness as bad as some, but barely had any light in the room, sat close, and had recently fiddled w/my TV to try to optimize brightness and contrast. I suffered more from just kinda muddy stuff at times, I think because of the darkness and action combined. It might look great on a primo system.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well it was fought at night, so.....

There is some chatter that those that streamed it experienced a darker image than those that watched via Cable or Sat. While it was dark and in some instances it was difficult to detect which character was in the scene, it wasn't that dark on my TV with the Sat Feed...

Perhaps it was the feed source, tv settings, eyes of the beholder, or maybe it was just because it was late night....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
https://www.gamespot.com/artic...t-with/1100-6466520/

Interesting, and basically correct commentary. The criticism is that the battle was a cheat to all the layering and possibilities opened up for the whole series. The show took the easiest way out, and simply had the Night King's army get wiped out in a fairly predictable way. Not only that, the argument is that one of the main themes has been that the characters' own personal struggles, even if they are for the throne, are not important in comparison to the threat from the north. But that threat turned out to be easily met.

In other words, despite eight years of warnings, winter is not coming.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
There is some chatter that those that streamed it experienced a darker image than those that watched via Cable or Sat. While it was dark and in some instances it was difficult to detect which character was in the scene, it wasn't that dark on my TV with the Sat Feed...

Perhaps it was the feed source, tv settings, eyes of the beholder, or maybe it was just because it was late night....

I think that's probably true. Ever since I switch to streaming over a year ago, I've noticed issues especially with action in the dark, perhaps due compression of the stream.