SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    First rock concert you ever attended.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First rock concert you ever attended. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
April 1970 in Cincinnati. Allman Brothers. At a venue entered from a multi story parking garage.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Early 80's, at the Beacon Theater. Merciful Fate and Motorhead. I think​ Wendy O. Williams opened.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
REM with 10000 Maniacs opening, sometime in 1987.

I saw them on that tour,
William & Mary Hall

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first was Elton John at the Palladium in NYC.
If memory serves, it was 1978 or 1979.

NRA Life Member
Member - SAF/ANJRPC

Posts: 155 | Registered: April 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
The Doobie Brothers, VonBraun Civic Center, Huntsville, AL... can't remember the date, but late '70's I think.

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Jethro Tull at the Boston Garden. 1973, - as a HS sophomore.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Night Ranger around '85 or'86 at the Humphrey coliseum in Starkville, MS.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
March 25 1975 Municipal Auditorium Atlanta

Johnny Winter RIP

James Cotton RIP

I'd just turned 15 two weeks before. Wink

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOTIN BLANKS:
Elton John on the tour for Yellow Brick Road. 1974?

I think it was '73. Saw him in concert the year that album came out. HIC in Honolulu. September 17, 1973 there.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Night Ranger in 84 or 85 at Memorial Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6045 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
I want to say 1968-69 and I don't remember the order.

Grand Funk Railroad and James Gang at summer fair at Eden Park in Cincinnati.

Jimi Hendrix at Cincinnati Gardens.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Night Ranger in 84 or 85 at Memorial Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee.

Saw them about the same time frame at Park West in Park City, Utah. Still to this day the only concert I've ever left early from, they absolutely sucked!

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I think it was in 1976 at RFK Washington DC, four bands and they were Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ted Nugent and Foreigner. What a day to remember.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Rush Permanent Waves tour, Feb. 1980. Tarrant County Convention Center (Fort Worth).

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Stones, July 1975.
I was 20 and the wife of the guy I was working for was a big fan. She bought tickets in the fourth row from the stage but something came up and they went out of the country on a trip. She asked me if I wanted them.
They were in the Omni, downtown where the Atlanta Flames and Hawks played at the time.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Monsters of Rock, 1988. Van Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken & Kingdom Come. I was 14 and that was one hell of a concert!

I wish I could roll back time! That's the stuff dreams are made of!

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
March 25 1975 Municipal Auditorium Atlanta

Johnny Winter RIP

James Cotton RIP

I'd just turned 15 two weeks before. Wink

I saw Johnny with James Cotton around that same time, Paramount Theatre in Seattle.
One hell of a show.
RIP blues players extraordinaire

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Quiet Riot, 1984, Saga opened up.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Kiss 1977 MSG NYC.
Fleetwod Mac 1977 MSG. NYC. Not sure which came 1st but man was Stevie Hot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: liner,

Posts: 2077 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to see Electric Light Orchestra in 1976. Once my girlfriend and I sat down at the concert she informed me that she had to be home by midnight Mad The opening act was the Outlaws and they were great. Then I took her home.

Oh Well

Semper Fi

Michael
USMC (Ret)

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post