SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    First rock concert you ever attended.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First rock concert you ever attended. Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I think the 1st was Chicago at the Arie Crown Theater in Chicago in November 1972.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
1st actual big name rock concert was either:
Project 86, Living Sacrifice, and Stavesacre at The Newport in Columbus Ohio or P.O.D and Primus at Bogarts in Cincinnati.
Sometime in 1999

1st concert where I went crowd surfing was Nickelback and Dust For Life back when Nickelback was actually good. This was at Bogarts in 2000.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suzi Quatro opening for Black Oak Arkansas around 1974. I know, I know, but my date was hot.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Heart, early mid 80's.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39757 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first "concert" was late '70s...friend's parents took us to Dan Fogelberg...don't judge me.

First real concert was summer of '86, right after I graduated, I was hired by a magazine in TX to photograph Dokken/Jeff Pilson for an article on him. Watched Ozzy from backstage before my gig and chatted with Ted Nugent...dude was hilarious!!!

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Oyster Cult & Bad Finger 1978

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elvis Presley at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo (1969).

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Led Zeppelin, Mobile, AL., 1973

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Pearl Jam & L7 in Pensacola.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Elton John in Hermann Park in Houston in about 1974. I had made a gallon of balloon wine in my closet. Vile tasting stuff but packed a wallop.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Blood, Sweat, and Tears. 1968

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
KISS, mid 80s.

KISS, 1978 here.

My mom took me for my 8th birthday.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Moody Blues. December, 1970.

Posts: 2694 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Herman's Hermits, Steel Pier in Atlantic City 1965, I was 8. My mom took me and my best friend to see them LOL!

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
1980 Journey at Summerfest Milwaukee.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
1974 Santana. First, and by far, the worst one I ever went to. He played none, not one, of his hits . This was during his "Devadip Carlos Santana" period where he fell under the spell of Sri Chinmoy. The secondhand pot smoke high was the only positive thing at that awful show. Devadip my ass!

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
My first "concert" was late '70s...friend's parents took us to Dan Fogelberg...don't judge me.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Dan Fogelberg was a fantastic artist.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it was June 1975 at the Richmond (VA) Coliseum. Bob Seger, Foghat and Blue Oyster Cult. Then later in '75 saw Kiss.

Posts: 66 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Sammy Hagar opening for Boston.

Saw Chicago with my parents earlier. I'm not really sure I count that, being its Chicago and my folks too Wink.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
I saw The Who on their farewell tour in 1982. Opening acts in Philly were a local band named The Hooters, Carlos Santana, and the Clash. It was my first concert.

Best $15 I ever spent on music.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post