SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 63
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, I got out and shot it today. I don't have a suppressor, or a Popeil pocket fisherman...what you see is as fancy as I get Big Grin. The gun is a stock P320 Carry, with a large grip module, Type1 RMR, and a TLR-1. One round was pretty close to the line, but I think it tore rather than the bullet actually breaking the line, so I'm gonna call it 3 10's and 2Xs.

Just for giggles, I shot it with irons, too. Exact came setup, minus the dot:

Same score, but the group with the dot might have been a bit tighter. It is definitely easier to get a clean sight picture with the dot on a static target like this. I'm still learning the dot...which hasn't been made any easier by the current ammo situation. Since I had it out today, I went ahead and played with it on the plate rack some, including a good bit of one-handed shooting, which has been a struggle for me with the dot in the past. It went ok...still slower than irons one-handed, though. I'm not ready to give up on it yet, but I still debate whether or not the incremental benefits are worth the added size, expense, and complexity that the optic brings with it.

Posts: 8545 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Good target, 92fstech!

Looks like a 3X to me. Standard copy paper isn't the best for target scoring.

ensigmatic, your EMP would definitely qualify for this match ... if it's
like this one:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
One more day...somebody needs to give RichardC a run for his money! Big Grin

Posts: 8545 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Good shootin’, good people - I’m gonna have to miss this round but hope to be back for the next!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Ok RichardC...what are we shooting next?

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
My imagination meter is on "E" this morning, so how about

same target, thirty feet, five rounds, any centerfire handgun, one handed only with your "weak" hand?

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
10 yards, huh? That's gonna be rough! I can't make it to the range for a few days, but decided to get some dry-fire practice in with the laser trainer that my wife bought me (Yes, she also bought the zebra-dragon phone holder, lol) for my birthday this year.

Judging by how dry-fire went at 3 yards, 10 yards is gonna be interesting! IMO the worst thing about shooting left-hand-only is my wimpy spaghetti arms...they get tired and start shaking really fast. This should be a fun one and a good challenge (and probably a little humbling!)...looking forward to shooting it for real!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I've heard that consuming mass quantities of spinach helps to beef up forearms.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, I screwed the pooch on this one. It was actually going really well, right up until shot #5. I think I got undisciplined and looked over the sights....with the outcome clearly apparent right there above the gun. I'm gonna call it 3-x, 1-10, and one big, fat zero. I was pretty excited about how well it was going, right up until it wasn't.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That's a nice group, 92fstech.

I did other things this weekend, I'll have to catch up.

Maybe my entry in the previous match wasn't as outlandish as I thought:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0105858/m/4690074584

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
That's a nice group, 92fstech.

I did other things this weekend, I'll have to catch up.

Maybe my entry in the previous match wasn't as outlandish as I thought:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0105858/m/4690074584

Wow, I'm not even sure what some of that stuff is. Fancy little piece, though...I'll bet it's fun to shoot!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
This is embarrassing, but I have to default; never made it to the range this weekend.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
It's all good. I've got what I think is a decent idea for the next one if nobody comes in here and beats my score at the last minute (wouldn't be hard...just keep 'em all on the target! Big Grin).

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
It's all good. I've got what I think is a decent idea for the next one if nobody comes in here and beats my score at the last minute (wouldn't be hard...just keep 'em all on the target! Big Grin).

Errrm ... when is the last minute? Smile

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Don't think we ever set a specific time, but today is the last day, so I guess if it gets in before midnight, you're golden Big Grin.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Ok, I think we can call this one done.

Next up is a rimfire dot drill. Any rimfire handgun, standing unsupported at 7 yards, 2 handed shooting on this target:
https://accurateshooter.net/ta...otcirclesloaddev.pdf

There are 20 circles, you get one shot per circle, 1 point if your round is inside the outer line (anything touching the line counts), 2 points if you hit the center dot, for a possible total of 40 points. Let's see how it goes!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, 92fstech! Big Grin

The dot drill looks like fun. Any sights or irons only?

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Woo-hoo - gonna try to get in on this one!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Congratulations, 92fstech! Big Grin

The dot drill looks like fun. Any sights or irons only?

Optics are fine, if you have them.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, that was a bit of a challenge! My oldest (who's 13) wanted to shoot it, too, with his new Wrangler, so I'll post up his target as well. We each shot one practice round, then a second for score.

Here's mine. I score it as a 19 points...a couple just barely clipped either the line or the dot, but they did, and I'll take them, lol. This one was pretty demanding. I really enjoyed shooting it...probably in part because it was an excuse to shoot my MkII, but there's also something about transitioning to a new target every time that was kinda neat.

My son did ok, especially considering he did it with a trench-sighted, bargain basement sixgun. I offered to let him use the MkII, but he wanted to use his own, which is understandable. I score it as 8 points (he wanted to count the one in the middle with 2 on the dot as 4, but I told him no dice, it only counts if you hit the one you're aiming at, lol!). He enjoyed it...I'll have to get him involved in shooting these in the future.