SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    US Marshals Special Operations Group adopts STI 2011 9mm with Deltapoint Pro optic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Marshals Special Operations Group adopts STI 2011 9mm with Deltapoint Pro optic Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vgi15303:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
So, just to clarify. VERY, VERY FEW deputies will be issued or see the 2011 within the USMS. I'd wager less than 50. SOG is a full time SWAT team, that does many team oriented SWAT stuff. Some of the recent Marshal related stuff that has been in the news weren't SOG related.

Inside the Marshal's you have the deputies, and then you have the ones assigned to court house security. They are the guys you see in the gray pants and blue blazers at the federal court houses. Most deputies and court security deputies will be armed with the G19. You'll see a fraction of those with an RMR mounted to the gun by personal purchase. Then you have a teeny, tiny fraction of those who are assigned to SOG.

Unless SOG deploys to your area for an event, you have a greater chance of seeing an honest politician than you do a deputy marshal with a 2011.

The guys is blue blazers and grey pants are actually employed by Walden Security and they are contractors who are deputized special deputies.

Yep. Those are CSO’s guard the courthouse and watch cameras and love to tow cars!!!! They are armed and have vests under their shirts. Most are old retired cops. I do a side hustle w/ the Marshals moving people around and transporting them. Plain clothes and armed and always w/ deputy marshals. There is a deputy Marshal in my local office that is SOG. Depending on the area they may be fulltime SOG or do regular Marshal stuff and wait for the call out. He has two of the STIs. Really nice guns.

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
So, here were are, three years later. STI is now Staccato, red dot sights are much more prevalent, and many more agencies are using their firearms. Has anyone’s thoughts or opinions changed?

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Staccato’s CXO Tony Pignato on a recent Fieldcraft Survival podcast with Mike Glover.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/...4795?i=1000605137354

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tenmm:
So, here were are, three years later. STI is now Staccato, red dot sights are much more prevalent, and many more agencies are using their firearms. Has anyone’s thoughts or opinions changed?

Nah, the flat earthers are still out in force.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I will say I was an early skeptic but the Stacatto’s are considered state of the art, top tier weapons systems. They are truly exceptional pistols.

If I could own one (and afford it) I would carry one…but here in Cali they are verboten…but hopefully not for too much longer…

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
I'm planning to get one in a near future, cost being the biggest hurdle of course. My dept issues the Glock 22, which is not my preference, but if I'm not paying for the ammo, I'll shoot it!
It interesting to me how resistant people can be to something that looks different than their favored thing. Is it 'fancy' because its expensive, or because its not bland and featureless? There are so many options out there, theres no reason for the "Stop liking what I dont like!" type of hostility we saw in this thread.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm planning to get one in a near future, cost being the biggest hurdle of course. My dept issues the Glock 22, which is not my preference, but if I'm not paying for the ammo, I'll shoot it!
It interesting to me how resistant people can be to something that looks different than their favored thing. Is it 'fancy' because its expensive, or because its not bland and featureless? There are so many options out there, theres no reason for the "Stop liking what I dont like!" type of hostility we saw in this thread.

Make sure you avail yourself of their LE pricing. They also will provide larger discounts on group orders. We got a larger discount from the rep that services our area with a minimum of 10 guns. I thought it would be tough, but I came up with 16 in pretty short order.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Opinion remains 100% the same.

If SOG wants STI's with RDS'... Well, they get STI's with RDS'.

THEY are the ones using them.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by car541:

The agency issued fancy 1911 trend died a painful death for a good reason. I will give it a year before they go back to Glocks.

Non-SOG deputies continue to carry what's on the issued or approved list. But the SOG guys have had 1911s of some description for quite a while. They like them.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post