SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What was your first SIG and when?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was your first SIG and when? Login/Join 
Picture of 1lieutenant
posted Hide Post
2005 Just got my concealed carry permit.
P229 two tone with nickel controls. Chambered in 357 sig. Have since added a 40 cal and Bar-Sto 9 mm conversion barrels. Will never sell it (although I tried once here). Never did carry it!

Steve

Posts: 996 | Location: Central CT | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Gosh, I think it was a superbly accurate
P226 when they were first introduced in the US early 90's ? I remember trading it, then buying it back later from the gunshop.

It was the K Cote model, and I shot it a lot. I installed the short reach trigger, the finish never showed any wear on the outside. This was during the time I was just about reloading every day.

Then a man at another gunshop really wanted it and offered me a price way above what it was worth. Foolish me sold it, never seeing it again.

Then 2 European 9mm P220's, both accurate, followed by a P230. My last Sig was a SP2022 40/357 Sig, which a forum member purchased. Should have kept that one.

Currently, I am Sig less.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P226 in 1985 while in the U.S. Navy. I still have it.

Posts: 33 | Location: Upper Connecticut River Valley | Registered: May 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oct 1994 Sig P229 40cal.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
In celebration of getting my CPL I bought a 2340 in .40 cal, 2002

Haven't shot it in probably fifteen years but still have it.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
P220 ST
Purchased in 2003 or '04
$600

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
first Sig - 226 combat, 2011
found this forum while researching for that purchase, joined shortly after

since then I have picked up a few;
365XL (times 2, my wife wanted one)
716i
320 AXG

took the 320 and the 226 to the range the other weekend, the 320 is new, the 226 is not, - I haven't shot the 226 in awhile, butter....
i could not have have made a better decision
need more range time with the 320

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 1996 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Sig P229 in 40 around 1995. The P226, P225, P220, P239 and finally the 2022. Love them all.

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
P228. 1994.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
A P220R back in 2006.

Sold it in 2018ish, when I sold off the last of my DA/SA guns.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
SO many Sigs.. I think it was a P6 the ones that came in the Blue Box and were around $300. When you could still buy Magazines for them... I picked it up August 2008 because that is when I joined SIGforum on the 10th Smile

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
My first SIG was a new JJ Herndon P226 I bought in 1989 as my first duty gun. Foolishly sold it off 3-4 years later when my agency went to .40 and I went to GLOCK 22.
I lamented the decision to let that 226 go for a very long time. I repented to the Sig God by recently picking up another JJ Herndon P226 in like new condition and within a few thousand units in serial number. Life is good now.

Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done........

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Posts: 140 | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Being an Air Force guy, I was a Beretta guy through and through. Until my buddy let me shoot his P229 that is. That was my first Sig I purchased, back in the late 90s and I've never looked back.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
July 1987, Sig 226, it was a gift from my then girlfriend. She did have good taste in guns.

I still have it.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P230 my dad bought new in 84; I still have it with original box and target! He gave it to me when I turned 18! My first purchase was a P228 in 1992, which I still have .

Posts: 106 | Location: BRP,NC | Registered: January 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first firearm is a P226 Enhanced Elite (2013). Other Sigs that I have are: 556XI-R, 556R, and P226 X-Five Allround.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Liberty City,

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
226 way back when, the seals had them and that was going to be as close as I will ever get to being one.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
In the mid-1980's the police department I worked for revised the policy that allowed officers to carry single action only 9mm pistols. Although we could still carry other personally owned/department approved duty weapons, our handguns now were limited to DA/SA systems. I replaced my Belgium produced Browning Hi-Power with a W. German Sig-Sauer P226, the first of it's kind carried by an officer with my agency. It was also my first Sig and served me well for more than a decade. I still own it.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
P226 with factory threaded barrel in 2005, still NIB.
Several others have followed, many shooters but others still just safe queens.

HK Ag

Posts: 3494 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Friend
posted Hide Post
2 220's, both Interarms. A 45 and 38 Super in the very early "80's

Posts: 76 | Registered: March 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post