SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power Login/Join 
posted
https://www.springfieldpremiere.com/

anyone have anymore scoop on this??

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Ooo…interesting. Will be watching this development, for sure.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No, but it's interesting to see them refer to "new products". Scuttlebutt running around is that they're also looking at importing a version of the Croatian HS Produkt VHS bullpup 5.56 assault rifle.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Price will definitely be the deciding factor for its success for sure..

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Whatever it is, it won't live up to the hype. All gun manufacturers seem to do this kind of pseudo-dramatic stuff, but SA, Inc seems to be particularly bad about this kind of exaggeration.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No thank you. I prefer pistols that actually work.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I'll consider it if it comes with the "grip zone".

Posts: 4121 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Not so long ago, Brownells was selling Hi Powers made by TISAS in Turkey.
Perhaps SA has made similar arrangements?

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard rumors of SA's Hi Powers and thought the same thing about a TISAS import. It makes sense. I thought I had posted a pic of the stainless steel TISAS I picked-up this spring, but I can't find it.

Suffice to say, if SA can offer their re-badged TISAS at a decent price, all the people who say they want a Hi Power will have access to a very good quality pistol. Like a lot of other guns, I believe much of the demand is mostly internet postings with no purchasing follow-through, leaving a product to financially wither. I'm looking forward to the CDNN closeouts, though.

Posts: 779 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
If NightHawk did their magic on one of these, I would purchase one.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, looking at the picture I was thinking Tisas as well. See how much the S.A. roll mark costs. Tisas through brownells was 459ish.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2728 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
If they leave out the mag safety and sell it for a decent price I wouldn't mind having one. I always liked the grip of the BHP.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9356 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've never handled or shot a BHP, but I've always been curious. I've been very happy with my SA 1911 and EMP. If they can do something similar with the Hi Power for reasonable money, it may well tempt me into acquiring one.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jerod
posted Hide Post
I have had many BHP's over the years. Always get nailed by hammer bite no matter the hammer type. If they made a model with a higher beavertail , I would buy one for sure!

Sig 551
W. German P228
W. German P226
Spec. Conf.P220
Navy MK 25
Non rail P229

Posts: 168 | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield Armory?

You mean this Springfield Armory:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...35/m/4860044324/p/11

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/4510003144/p/1

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8313 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Hi Power. Nice gun. Like a lot of guns, they still look great and work great but time has kind of passed them by. Any number of double stack 9’s that could fill the bill if that’s what you want. They do feel really good in your hand though (not as good as a CZ75 though).

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
If they leave out the mag safety and sell it for a decent price I wouldn't mind having one. I always liked the grip of the BHP.

Mag safety isn't a problem, I've removed them on every hi-power I've owned. Not because I minded the safety, but because it instantly improves the trigger pull.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
HS Produkt VHS bullpup

Bullpups sound/seem like all-that...until...you get a malf. The pucker factor in a real fight would be immeasurable, LOL.

The Hi-Power has only had two issues, for me.
Mushy safety operation, and hammer bite. Now that I've discovered the SFS system, it cures both. There are other pluses, but I won't drag it out, LOL.

I'm not worried for those who remove the mag d/c. However, I remain a weirdo who likes it.
It makes the trigger reset faster, and more positive...again....for me.

As to the Tisas built gun, it's known as the Regent R9..I got one in stainless, and it's become my own personal money-pit gun. I'm just too aggravated to want to post about it for now, LOL.

Posts: 378 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well if Springfield is as committed and proactive in cobbling these up as they were at kicking their state's gun buyers and gun shops in the teeth, then it should be a great clone of a gun. Roll Eyes

-MG

Posts: 1921 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post