SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
The SA-35 will be $541 under the Individual Officer Purchase Program. A pretty good deal if you can find one and are eligible.

My good sir, you just sold a couple of guns for Springfield. That's IOP P365/P320 money for a metal framed pistol.

Would be awesome...if Springfield had an authorized LE dealer in my state Frown.

You're kidding me.

Well, here:

Proven Arms & Outfitters SA35 IOP Link

It shows as OOS right now but that doesn't surprise me, I have yet to see one of these in stores.

I can vouch for Proven, I've lost count of how many IOP SIGs I've bought through them. Their CS has been great for me.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that link. It won't help me with this as my LGS isn't a fan of doing transfers on stuff that they carry themselves, but it could be plenty useful for other stuff down the road. It's always good to have options, and I'd never heard of that place beforeSmile. I don't know how SA doesn't have a single LE dealer in Indiana (I mean, they are HQ'd in IL, just one state over!), but there's none on the list.

Posts: 8565 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for that link. It won't help me with this as my LGS isn't a fan of doing transfers on stuff that they carry themselves, but it could be plenty useful for other stuff down the road. It's always good to have options, and I'd never heard of that place beforeSmile. I don't know how SA doesn't have a single LE dealer in Indiana (I mean, they are HQ'd in IL, just one state over!), but there's none on the list.

I'm not sure where you're at in Indiana (I just left there) but there is an FFL at the state DNR range at Camp Atterbury that will do transfers for anybody for $20. That's how I got mine.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Sadly, Atterbury is over 3 hours away, and on the wrong side of Indy. I can probably do some looking around and try to find somebody else local that will handle transfers, though. Looks like they have M1As and 1911s on the list, too....this could get expensive!

Posts: 8565 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
stumbled on one today locally and brought it home. seems nice enough

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
BH Spring Solutions has done some testing and posted some long videos on YouTube, but sadly the sight dovetails are the same ones as on the Tisas, so replacing those sights right now is a bit impossible. I’m sure Springfield is going to expand their sight options and Dawson Precision will probably make some in the future, but right now, you’re stuck with what you get.

Posts: 4162 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
stumbled on one today locally and brought it home. seems nice enough

Details...we need details! Big Grin

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Like?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pho

to

graphs

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Like?

What Para said for one. But also, your take on the fit and finish, trigger pull, control fitment/actuation (overly stiff, loose, or just right...are the edges smoothed and well finished or sharp and abrasive?), weight and balance, and if you've shot it yet, accuracy, perceived recoil, and does the hammer bite or not...and any other details you can think of.

I don't trust the gun magazines or youtube reviews so much, as most of them are shills or so enamored with a new gun that their opinion isn't really objective. You seem to have a well-rounded range of firearms experience and knowledge, so I'd highly value your opinion. I've made the rounds of gun stores in 2 states over the past month and still haven't actually laid eyes on one of these yet.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I just grabbed it yesterday at a shop. Fit and finish seems fine, I do like the grip profile compared to the squarish originals I had. Slide is not super tight on the frame but not too bad. Trigger is nice...a buddy that was with me, he spent 10yrs working for Beretta and just started working for FN. He took it apart and said it was a Type 1 transfer bar so C&S stuff should work just fine.

Only included a single mag vs. two stinks as everybody is OOS on 15rd flush mags right now but not complaining too much for $649

Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
BH Spring Solutions has done some testing and posted some long videos on YouTube, but sadly the sight dovetails are the same ones as on the Tisas, so replacing those sights right now is a bit impossible. I’m sure Springfield is going to expand their sight options and Dawson Precision will probably make some in the future, but right now, you’re stuck with what you get.

BHSS should’ve measured the dovetails before claiming they’re the same. An e-mail from Springfield Customer Service was posted on another forum confirming they use a Novak cut.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks PGT, that's encouraging! Sure is a pretty gun, especially with those grips. What's the hole in the side of the slide right in the middle of the serrations?

Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's the hole in the side of the slide right in the middle of the serrations?

It's for the sear lever roll pin.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
quote:
What's the hole in the side of the slide right in the middle of the serrations?

It's for the sear lever roll pin.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Nice pic, for $650 that's a nice gun.

I haven't been able to find one in any stores to handle/ogle, all the prices online are wayyy too high I see

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
BHSS should’ve measured the dovetails before claiming they’re the same. An e-mail from Springfield Customer Service was posted on another forum confirming they use a Novak cut.

Are they using true Novak sight cuts or what Springfield uses on their 1911s? The front sights on a Springfield use a much larger dovetail.

Posts: 4162 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congratulations on finding one. I have been looking but have not came across one yet. Enjoy

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
The front sights on a Springfield use a much larger dovetail.

They specifically asked about the rear. A follow up regarding the front has recently been sent in - more to come.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

posted Hide Post
Just bought one online and paid $599 shipped!
Should have it in hand in a couple of days.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post