SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Also noticed the price of SA 15 round mags have gone up $7.00 since a couple of days ago. I bought 4 of them at the lower price. Sneaky!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Where did you find them?

Posts: 3082 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heydrich:
Just bought one online and paid $599 shipped!

Could I ask where?

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to hold off on naming them for now.
See if they make it right but, I may have been scammed on the pistol.
Still got the mags coming from Springfield.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
See if they make it right but, I may have been scammed on the pistol...

Website that only accepts PO, Venmo, Zelle, bitcoin, CashApp, Moneygram...., and no CC, as forms of payment?

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds about right, but did not use any of those payments you listed.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
These days, scam websites are popping up like weed. Their M.O. is always the same. They always have everything in stock, at good/great prices, when even legit big sellers are out. Second, they will not have the option of paying by CC. Anytime you see these clues, run like hell away.

Some even go so far as lifting pics and company info from manufacturer's website and put them on theirs, making it look totally legit. But, when you go and click on payment, you recognize right away that their jig is up.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
...Some even go so far as lifting pics and company info from manufacturer's website and put them on theirs, making it look totally legit. But, when you go and click on payment, you recognize right away that their jig is up.

True. I've already notified a few GB sellers that scammers had cloned their auctions. The scum didn't even wait until the original ended, laying low a week or two until everyone watching forgot. The idiots c/p the legit auction's images and description word for word, started a new auction running concurrently with the real, original. Heck, just a quick search would've shown anyone there's two identical auctions going.

Out of courtesy I notified the sellers and the scammers were eventually taken down, but only after several days. One seller told me this was happening to him about twice a week right now. Some of the fake auctions had run their course and had a winning bidder, not sure if money was actually sent but I've heard GB has zero interest in running down fake sellers... you're on your own over there.

One I ran into looked very good with a seemingly very reasonable price, almost got me. Until I noticed the seller had only about 4 feedbacks given. That's a massive clue on GB...if they have a very, very small number of feedback ratings, move on.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No thank you. I prefer pistols that actually work.

LOL! Not really trying to do a pile on, but I tend to be knee-jerk annoyed at this SA release. Mainly because I still haven't forgotten how scummy this company can be (buying Croatian HS2000 pistols and selling them at a considerable markup, not to mention the disgusting stunt they and Rock River tried to pull with their IFMA then lied about it after getting caught), but also because if ANYONE is going to bring back the BHP, it shouldn't be these guys. Just seems offensive to me.

I swear, Browning needs to get off their butt. If they released a new BHP, it would probably outsell this pretender by a 10:1 margin.

No thanks, SA. I'd rather find an overpriced Mk III in an online auction, pay to have the mag safety dumped and get a trigger job and be in way over my head with the real thing than buy this slimy ripoff....

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that, DanH.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Very interesting video by Garand Thumb. I guess the takeaway is if you are really set on a Hi Power or are looking for a gun to be a base for customization this is a great pistol.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I saw this last night...I still haven't had time to watch the whole thing, but I got through the part about the extractor. I wonder what the issue is...I don't mind throwing on a new extractor or spring if it's going to fix the problem, but I don't want to have to do it every 700 rounds, or deal with some deeper underlying design issue that can't be corrected without a trip back to the factory.

Posts: 8543 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
Very interesting video by Garand Thumb. I guess the takeaway is if you are really set on a Hi Power or are looking for a gun to be a base for customization this is a great pistol.

One could laugh, but isn't that exactly how Springfield Armory started out when they first brought out 1911s?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it's just a problem with the extractor spring in general. BH Spring Solutions saw theirs get caught on the slide serrations with burrs in the extractor channel. I'm also a little disappointed that they cured the hammer bite issue, but still has issues with slide bite.

Either way, wait for the next batch or use as a project gun. Mk III Firearms has videos of their work on YouTube, and I believe Nighthawk will still do custom work on Hi Powers.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
I went back after viewing to watch the intro - and I had missed the captioning - that is some funny shit.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he has a running gag on one of the hostage targets he would use is the one on the right:

https://images.app.goo.gl/5Vuuk8HzugW2hv4P6

GT refers to them as Ron Jeremy and Macaulay Culken and turned into an odd runny gag and story that snakes through his videos.

Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
See if they make it right but, I may have been scammed on the pistol...

Website that only accepts PO, Venmo, Zelle, bitcoin, CashApp, Moneygram...., and no CC, as forms of payment?

I saw that one and backed off. I'm still looking for one to purchase if I ever find one in stock.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Justin Dyal wrote a glowing report in December 2021 American Rifleman.

"Springfield seems to have studied this list of common custom upgrades and used it as a reference in designing its rendition. From my perspective, the SA-35 easily has the best sights, thumb safety, trigger pull, stocks and magazine well of any factory offering in the design’s 85-plus-year history. Before making such a bold claim purely from memory of pistols seen or handled, I borrowed samples of Brownings ranging from 1990s Mk IIIs to Mk IIs and earlier post-war production examples, as well as some full-house custom pistols. I can state that, from a shooter’s perspective, this is the production High Power that sets a new standard for being ready to go straight out of the box."

"Springfield Armory seems to be enjoying a mini “golden age” of sorts. From the quality of the Ronin 1911 pistols I reviewed last year, to the popularity of the Saint series of ARs and micro-compact Hellcats, and the unexpected introduction of the innovative Waypoint bolt-action rifle, the company is making bold moves. Its decision to rescue the High Power is great news for shooters. I am particularly excited that many shooters trying out the SA-35 may experience not only their first High Power but arguably the most refined one ever offered."

https://www.americanrifleman.o...sic-modern-american/

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
American Rifleman = NRA and known shilling occurs. They've never posted a bad review, ever, that I can recall.

Still...I dig my P35. Smile

Posts: 3082 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post