SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We had a couple come in late last week; both gone now. Sold them for $679, which to me actually felt price-appropriate if not a little high. It really does seem like a very faithful reproduction of a Hi-Power. The trigger could have used a slightly lighter break; seems too heavy considering that there's no mag disconnect to deal with. The Parkerizing (I think) was ok but nevertheless reminds me a lot of the finish work found on budget Turkish-sourced 1911s. The wood grips added to the Eastern import vibe, or maybe Filipino like low-end Rock Island pistols. Since I have Glock hands, it doesn't point naturally for me but it DOES feel much like my T-series, only missing the smooth bluing that my Browning has.

But this one's a Springfield so I'd more than likely never would buy one out of principle, but I can easily understand why someone might want to. I did however stock up on magazines, especially given the pending Iron Curtain that's about to fall upon WA state.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Starting to see some pop up, but all at $100 over MSRP

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Our LGS had 3 come in this week, all sold out the same day. He called me, but I had already blown my gun fund on something else, so I didn't get one this go around. His price was $695, which isn't outrageous. He says he has more on order, so we'll see what my financial situation is like when those show up.

Posts: 8545 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have now seen my second one in-the-wild, locally. Both tagged at MSRP.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Id buy one at $699 MSRP, but I'm not going to pay more than that.

I had a beautiful 75th anniversary Browning HP and a Practical, and sold them both and regret it.

Everywhere I see online is $799, at least at the places I usually buy from

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up one at LGS about 6 weeks ago at MSRP. Surprised that they’re still going for over that. Had a Hi Power a while ago, but sold it many years ago. Still had a couple of 13 round mags, though, and fortunately they still work in the SA-35.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one a month ago for $649. One of the local dealers got 5 in and I bought the last one. The price was excellent and I'm very impressed with the gun. Reliable and very accurate....

Character is doing the right thing even when no one else will know...

Posts: 50 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: June 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I am on the list of one local GS.

Really cant wait to get that call!

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two showed up at a shop I frequent in Mechanicsburg, PA about a month ago. I was there to check out a Smith 65 that I don't need. Saw those two in the case, picked one up and was screwed. Traded a Gen 5 Glock 34 on it. Took a bath on the trade, of course, but I bought the 34 with stimulus money so there's that. Anyway, better fit and finish than the MK3 Browning that I owned back in the 90s. Accurate as well.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andronicus, was that by any chance at SPAR Firearms?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Has anybody here had a chance to put a significant number of rounds through one of these yet, and if so, did you experience any extraction issues? I know there were some early issues with some of the internet reviewers, and I'm curious how that has played out in the real world and with the later production models.

Posts: 8545 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took a new Springfield Armory Sa-35 to the range., SN in the 6200 range. Shot 120 rounds total. 100 CCI blazer brass & 20 WWB had Zero extraction problems. Pistol was flawless no issues of any kind,except a little touching of hammer. Not quite hammer bite but a little noticeable. It may be my hand.

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaschi, it sure was. I like the shop and Tanner is a good guy to deal with. He's also the only guy who gets used revolvers in on a pretty regular basis. I've gotten some nice Smith and Wesson wheelguns from him.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of SPAR. $60 for a handgun transfer is not the norm for this area. Honestly its double or triple other dealers in some cases.

I realize they have a lot of inventory and overhead due to their location, but if they are gonna charge that type of fee on a transfer, I'm not gonna stop when I'm in the area.

Also Mechanicsburg Ordnance gets in wheel guns fairly regularly. I snagged a 3" Smith Model 65 there last year and almost bought a 4" Ruger Service Six a few months ago. Don't know why I passed on the Ruger but I did. Price on it was more than fair.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fair enough. $60 is a lot. I bought back my 1988 226 from a buddy back home and the transfer was $30 at a shop in Scranton.

posted Hide Post
I would like to see them release an upgrade with a nicely blued finish, premium grip panels, and a trigger upgrade.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trigger is a bit heavy and no 1991 pull, that's for sure. But take the word of a previous owner of 5 Browning HiPowers, it's way better than any of those.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I only put 50rds through one but had no issue with the trigger. If I recall correctly it was better than what I expected.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I stopped by Athena in HTown for HK day and they had one on the shelf, couldn’t believe it. 1st one I have seen in person.

Played with it and brought one home for $699.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
And if you need to tweak it - here's one way to drop another $3800+ on it:

https://gunsmagazine.com/disco...linder-slide-sa-35s/

..............Model Specifics

One of the significant mods is shortening the slide on one gun. It’s done seamlessly and if you didn’t know it was a custom job, you’d never know. It’s about 0.5″ or a bit less and the result is like the C&S “Pathfinder” model they do, based on a shortened Hi-Power. It turns the gun into a handy, lighter and more compact carry gun and I recommend it heartily. The same short gun comes with the C&S hammer strut with a nut securing the spring (handy!) and a 20-lb. recoil spring to handle the shorter slide assembly. The full-sized gun comes with a C&S 18.5-lb. recoil spring due to the weight of the stock slide. Both guns are matte-blued and look serious and authoritative.

If you’re wondering, wonder no more. The cost of the shorter gun is precisely $4,707.68 — on a C&S supplied gun. The full-sized gun runs $3,842.70, also on a C&S supplied gun. But being true customs, this can change if you want other things done or if you supply your own base gun. Be creative.....................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post