SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Gun hit the market 10 months ago and I have yet to see any on a local dealers shelves. I hit around 6 local gun shops every week and nothing, nada.

The only shop I've seen one at, put in in their range for 2 months, then sold it on gunbroker for a considerable profit.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Gun hit the market 10 months ago and I have yet to see any on a local dealers shelves. I hit around 6 local gun shops every week and nothing, nada.

The only shop I've seen one at, put in in their range for 2 months, then sold it on gunbroker for a considerable profit.

Yep, local shop has had 2 batches of 3 in. They had me on the call list, but both times I didn't have the cash on hand and had to pass...they sold out before they even made it onto the shelf. I have yet to see one anywhere else.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Having become a renewed fan of the BHP of late, the SA-35 is definitely on my short-list of items for a future purchase.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I'm holding out for the Saddam and Omar gold plated commemorative models.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I was excited when Springfield announced these. I still haven't seen one in the wild. Hopefully by the time one makes it to my area the teething problems will be worked out. I'd love a source of new quality Hi Power clones. Always been one of my favorite handguns to shoot.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a shooter with one in the IDPA match today. Trouble free. He was even hitting the reloads which we are told is impossible with a BHP.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.thearmorylife.com/...-slide-custom-sa-35/

Cylinder&Slide does the SA-35! Good looking. Accurate. Expensive.

[IMG]photos too huuuUUUUUge[/IMG]

See them for yourself in the article at the link.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
https://www.thearmorylife.com/...-slide-custom-sa-35/

Cylinder&Slide does the SA-35! Good looking. Accurate. Expensive.

[IMG]photos too huuuUUUUUge[/IMG]

See them for yourself in the article at the link.

CHA CHING! But a sweet pistol. I have always wanted a custom high end BHP

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

We have seen 1 and it was a transfer.
We generally get the goodies in rather quickly.

I was told that production has been stopped on them. Not sure if that is true or not but the fact that there are zero NEW SA-35s on gunbroker and the only one I can find “In Stock” online is for $575 and the payments accepted are PayPal and Bitcoin. Stopped production might not be wrong.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

We have seen 1 and it was a transfer.
We generally get the goodies in rather quickly.

I was told that production has been stopped on them. Not sure if that is true or not but the fact that there are zero NEW SA-35s on gunbroker and the only one I can find “In Stock” online is for $575 and the payments accepted are PayPal and Bitcoin. Stopped production might not be wrong.

Interesting. Wonder if they are having supply issues like many manufacturing companies. I've been on the hunt for one, can't find one either.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I've had an SA-35 for a few months now. Using RN Ball, flat point Ball and JHP factory ammunition, I'm at about 700 rounds or so through my example. I've used the factory, FN, and MecGar magazines. All fit and function without issue.

I've read some negative reports about these guns, but thus far mine has been literally 100% reliable with all the types of ammunition I mentioned.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ @rock185 thank you for that report!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Still wondering if, despite Springfield's claims of being USA made, that the gun is actually made by Tisas in Turkey but assembled stateside. Springfield has been somewhat shady about such things in the past if I'm not mistaken. Most of their other pistols are made by Imbel (Brazil).

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Still wondering if, despite Springfield's claims of being USA made, that the gun is actually made by Tisas in Turkey but assembled stateside. Springfield has been somewhat shady about such things in the past if I'm not mistaken. Most of their other pistols are made by Imbel (Brazil).

I have had the same thought...the influx of Turkish Hi Powers around the same time as the release of the SA35 does make it kind of suspect. Without having them side by side, it's hard to say for certain. One thing's for sure...Girsan definitely seems to be better at getting their product on shelves than SAI!

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The first 500 apparently had FEG frames. I don't care whether they're FEG or Imbel as long as they're not Turkish

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
The first 500 apparently had FEG frames.

Where did you see that reported / opined?

There are online claims (I know... grain of salt) that a Tisas rep, at an industry show, admitted to their making frames, slides and barrels for SAI's SA-35. Unclear was whether final machining was done stateside by SAI or not.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
industry friend in the know with contacts overseas

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
industry friend in the know with contacts overseas

So Hungary initially followed by Turkey? Sounds like SAI. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
No, I didn’t say that at all. I said: “First 500 frames were FEG…”

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, I didn’t say that at all. I said: “First 500 frames were FEG…”

I know; just pulling your leg by combining other "reports." Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192