SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm intrigued, but not particularly hopeful. I have one BHP, a "Practical" model that I had worked over by Ted Yost when he was still at Heirloom Precision. It is a magnificent gun and one of my favorites that I own.

Browning branded High Powers remained surprisingly expensive until they were discontinued, so I suspect that the manufacturing process is complex and it is therefore more likely that they are buying foreign receivers and making them pretty than doing anything in house.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I'm intrigued, but not particularly hopeful.

that's a perfect description IMO

used, banged-up BHPs go for $600+ all day long.

very curious about these ones. Arcus (i think Bulgaria) apparently made a solid affordable clone a few years back. Does anyone know if they're still around? i have never actually seen one in he wild.

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I don’t believe for a second that those were made in the US.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ There's really no reason to. Springfield Armory started off with everything it sold being made in the USA (IIUC), but really built its place in the market with parts imported from Brazil and, more recently, pistols made in Croatia.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the Hi-Power. I currently own a Browning, a FEG and a FM. I'll wait and see what Springfield's version is like, but probably will buy one just because it says Springfield on it. I own a bunch of their stuff and like 'em all. Wink

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Whatever’s coming, looks like we don’t have long to wait. Social media post by SA bears this coming Monday’s date:

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Now if it were to be a "chopped" Hi-Power they're introducing, they'd have my interest. Big Grin

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/5560037964

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Now if it were to be a "chopped" Hi-Power they're introducing, they'd have my interest. Big Grin

agree that if they'd make a 'carry' version they would sell a ton i bet

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ergonomics of my 1989 BHP are just astounding. As in when I hefted one I KNEW I'd be getting one. And I did. I got it refinished after I had NOVAK add cut dovetails for night sights. Thin grips, etc.

I'd think a quality clone line for HPs would have moderate success, if that. There are SO many floating around, and parts, that finding a diamond in the rough and polishing it up is relatively easy.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
If the P35 "takes off" maybe FN will make / import the non-Browning maked FN's. I recall CDNN offered several models 10 years ago or so - with the SDS? Double auction trigger..

After all Browning brought back the BDA-380 for about a year or so.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
I've always been a fan of the Hi-Power (currently own three - two worked on by Don Williams and one stock) and it will be interesting to see what comes out on Monday.

A Detective length model would catch my attention.

Recoil magazine has what certainly appears to be a HP on their cover:

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
What, no yoga pants this time?

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I have a pre-1986 SAR8 (all greek-all steel made HK91, later they did some horrible receiver stuff) and its marked "Springfield Armory" and is an extremely nice rifle on par with any HK91 I've seen.

Of course its not really a "Springfield Armory" it was made in Greece on H&K Tooling.

If Springfield Armory does take the TISAS Hi-Power and made it more available and reasonably priced it'd be interesting at least, if its too high priced and Springfield built.....then I foresee also it will be at CDNN at some point

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
For me if it's made anywhere but Belgium or the USA and has an extended beaver tail I will pass. I already have a nice mid 1980's Belgian Browning that I never shoot because it draws blood every time I shoot it!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
A custom shop, fully made in America HI Power? Yes please, send me three.

A Turkey import stamped by Springfield Armory as the importer? Mehhhhh....

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already own a Detective Model shortened HP made by FM, but I would definitely be interested if SA brought one out, especially if it was in stainless. I own "enough" of the full size BHPs.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Set your expectations low, that way you won't be disappointed.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’m just happy it’s not another “Glock 19” or 1911.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The sad fact of the matter is, SA, Inc just blows. I won't call them Springfield Armory because Springfield Armory is an armory in Massachusetts. They closed their doors in 1968 and now, it's a national historic site. SA, Inc started life an a military surplus store in Illinois. If they called themselves Elvis Presley, that would be as valid as calling themselves Springfield Armory.

Their quality control blows. Their Grip Zone blows. SA, Inc blows.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Imagine a Detective slide on an aluminum frame, with good sights, safety and trigger.

And not sold by SA.

I’d buy one in a heartbeat.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post