SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How similar are your nightstand and CC pistols?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How similar are your nightstand and CC pistols? Login/Join 
posted
Lot's of choices out there and I'm not sure the same manufacturer is necessarily the best for each in every case.

Question:
How similar are your nightstand pistol and daily carry pistol?

Choices:
They are the same pistol or identical models
They are different sizes from the same series. Ex: G17 and G26
They are very similar MOA, but different manufacturers. Ex: M&P and G26
They are totally different. Ex: Sig 226 and G26

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
G23 in my holster
G22 w/ a TLR3 on the nightstand.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
They are the same, because they are the same gun. I don't have a "NIGHT STAND GUN". I take whatever pistol I'm carrying that day, and I snap a light on it. It's usually a 2.0 Compact. Sometimes, if I work late, I just put my Gen5 G17 with light on the table.

With that being said, I have a plate carrier near my bed with a Gen4 G17 with light, and a bunch of magazines. I will probably trade that in on a new Gen5 though. My work rifle usually sits there too.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same - CZ PCR

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Duty Gun: Glock 17
Off Duty Gun: Glock 19

Both with TLR-1HLs.

Whichever gun I'm carrying at the time goes on the bedside table.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G26 night and day.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
One single pistol serves both duties for me.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226/.40 for nightstand duty, and I carry a G27.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Whichever gun I was carrying that day, either a Glock 26 or 19.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It’s they same physical weapon, so it’s identical. Wink G19.4 w/XC1B

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
The best pistol, ( as I see it ) for a given role.

In my case, an XDm 4.5 .45 with light and two additional magazines rests on the head board when I'm home.

A Gen 4 G31 typically rides on my hip at the gun shop. On my own time, an EMP usually sits concealed on my belt. My new PC .45 Shield will probably begin assuming some CC duty as well.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Same, 2 different Glock 19’s, both with NS, RMR, and Inforce light

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G19 for CC and AR15 for nightstand duty. They ain’t fucking around if they break in at night so I ain’t fucking around. If my daughter is with me then I use an HK45CT with a Silencerco suppressor in case one of my hands needs to control or hold her.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Remington 870P with a surefire forearm as my night stand gun. I would hate to be out-gunned in my own house.

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever I'm carrying that day goes on the nightstand. Past few months it's been a P229 with a spare magazine.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Same gun.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Night stand:

Main CC:

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
PM9 - P220ST
Both DA for 1st pull, the PM9 is DAO vs. 220ST DA/SA but... Not the greatest logic, but there it is.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
HK P7 on both counts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Nightstand duty is an AR.

The plan is to move to an AR pistol with suppressor, still need to get one of those cans.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post