SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Flork's Lubrication Recommendation
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flork's Lubrication Recommendation Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
If I didn't know better I'd say that Flork has made some big investments in industrial lubricant companies on wall street from the looks of the amounts of grease he's recommending here! Cool

Posts: 996 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 5283 | Location: GA | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident BoneCrusher
Picture of 45R
posted Hide Post
Nothing here about Johnson and Johnson.....must be the wrong subject......

---------------------------
My Gallery

Posts: 9656 | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229steve:
If I didn't know better I'd say that Flork has made some big investments in industrial lubricant companies on wall street from the looks of the amounts of grease he's recommending here! Cool

SSSHHH, don't tell anybody....

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
quote:
Originally posted by sig229steve:

SSSHHH, don't tell anybody....

How many guide rods & springs are you going to send me as hush money? Wink

Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
I got yer springs.....riiiiight here..... Big Grin

Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yep. Flork has invested heavily into industrial lubricants. Problem is, I am too lazy to dig up that picture that has the bottle of KY on it.........

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Yep. Flork has invested heavily into industrial lubricants. Problem is, I am too lazy to dig up that picture that has the bottle of KY on it.........

You guys over there at GGI must have a lot of fun while you're working!

Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:

MMMMM Kentucky Jelly......Goes great on Toast....ROFL

Scott @ Apex

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Randy likes it. With two over easy.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Flork,

Very good info. I vote that this should be stickied. Thanks for taking the time to write this up.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll start using more. I've tried others, but as of right now I really like TW25B for my white grease.

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Randy likes it. With two over easy.

Whenever you three are in a thread the conversation always runs to the exact same direction, it's as reliable as gravity Wink
Big Grin

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3501 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
Man'sgot a point, we take the conversation down a notch...that's for sure....you should see us at classes together....

Scott @ Apex

Picture of Palmaris
posted Hide Post
I've been working as preventive maintenance manager on huge textile company for 11 years (I know it is not gun industry), and had use and tested 100's of different lubricants in price from $3.00 lb to $800 for lb (Kluber Barrierta® L 55/2).
But stil don't understand what is the difference between industrial grease and gun grease. What is so special in gun grease (if any)?
Can someone point it to me please.

Posts: 57 | Location: CA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Good information. Thanks much.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
Lubriplate is good stuff. Good enough for my Garand good enough for my other guns.

Yep..that's what I use too..for my other firearms and M1's.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Posts: 380 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently I haven't been using enough Slide Glide. Thanks Flork! Can't wait for the next installment.

P6 (x2)
W. German P228
Zurich Police Surplus P228
P229R
P220ST

http://anothergunblog.blogspot.com

Posts: 650 | Location: Hockessin, DE / University of Delaware | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I was told years ago to use both grease and oil. As in, put grease on the frame and oil on the slide.

I've been doing it like this ever since. Is the oil just a wast of time? I haven't noticed it getting gummy or anything like that, and it seems to work, but the oil likes to spill in my tackle box (what I keep my supplies in) if it tips over, so I'd love a reason to get rid of it.

Thanks for the info.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris:
But stil don't understand what is the difference between industrial grease and gun grease. What is so special in gun grease (if any)?
Can someone point it to me please.

The title on the container is about it.

Generally gun greasees will have an acceptable temperature operating range of between -20 to +120 degrees or so. I've used a lot of insudstrial lubricants that get super sticky when cold or just get slimey and run off when they get hot. The trick is to find a lubicant that will work in both extremes.

I think the general trem gun grease, would cover greases that have been tetsted and proven to work well with guns.

The Grey grease I've been playing with recently is a mixture of a couple of industrial lubricants that I've had very good success with so far.

Scott @ Apex