SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Flork's Lubrication Recommendation
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flork's Lubrication Recommendation Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
I've been using grease for slide rails ever since the days of the AMT Hardballer stainlees pistols. AMT recommended white lithium grease on their guns to prevent galling. I liked it so much I started using it on all my guns. It works great at protecting the anodized finish on aluminum frames. And it's highly resistant to heat, so it stays where I put it even on the hottest days.
Recently I bought some of the Mil-Comm grease and oil, since SIG recommended it. Haven't opened the grease tube yet or tried it.

Posts: 453 | Location: Silver City, NM | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
quote:
Originally posted by Red Baron:
My G17 is my duty weapon, and I am impressed with it, never seen a single failure from me or anyone else in our dept. Sigs are still the best though.

There are only a handful of points to grease on the GLOCK. I'll make a lube guide for those too.

Did some searching but this is the closest I cam up with. Is there a write up around for how to lube a Glock?

Thanks!

Head over to Glock Talk forum. There is an active thread right now on lubrication.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forum...thread.php?t=1425115

Posts: 453 | Location: Silver City, NM | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dondulah:The link around lubing internals still does not work.

Here you go.

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

I just bought a sig, so I needed to read it too.

Posts: 60 | Location: Rockland county, NY | Registered: May 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frog Lube

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New old guy here. I use a Lithium Moly Hi Temp brake grease. $7 for a life time supply. Stays put even after hundreds on rounds down the pipe on a Hot Nebraska day. Won't foam like I've heard the white lithiums tend to do.

Posts: 1 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you can experiment with all kinds of exotic products i guess.

Posts: 159 | Location: hawthorne, new jersey, usa | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the SP2022 is a polymer and the grease will spill onto the frame, is there a product to be avoided or, on the other hand, a strong recommendation?

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got some Slide Glide lite and packed it in a Monoject irrigation curved tip syringe which has a curved plastic tapered spout which is perfect for applying it to the underside of slide rails. You can get them on eBay for a couple bucks. It will not scratch any part of your gun as opposed to a blunt metal needle.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CAGLS,

Posts: 105 | Location: Socal | Registered: July 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of critterdoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAGLS:
I got some gun slide lite and packed it in a Monoject irrigation curved tip syringe which has a curved plastic tapered spout which is perfect for applying it to the underside of slide rails. You can get them on eBay for a couple bucks. It will not scratch any part of your gun as opposed to a blunt metal needle.

Another application tool option is the narrow and flexible plastic Teat Infusion Cannula, for cows. If you go with these be sure to mount them on LUER LOCK syringes so the cannula does not pop off the syringe hub under pressure.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: critterdoc,

Non immemor beneficii / Crom a Boo / Islam delenda est

Posts: 23 | Location: Southeast Looziana | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got some Slide Glide lite and packed it in a Monoject irrigation curved tip syringe[/url] which has a curved plastic tapered spout which is perfect for applying it to the underside of slide rails. You can get them on eBay for a couple bucks. It will not scratch any part of your gun as opposed to a blunt metal needle.

+1 I do the same. It also makes it easy to take to range, I just put the syringe in a ziplock baggie.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you fill the Syringe without making a mess?
My Wife will be not amused if all the Grease is on the Kitchentable.... Big Grin

Posts: 48 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DBR:
I suggest you try this grease:

http://www.steelshieldtech.com...ned/Lithi-Shield.pdf

The Weapon shield oil is excellent also.

I'm also a fan of WeaponShield products.

I use the ReelShield grease on my Sig P226 and my HK's due to the ReelShield is made for saltwater rods and reels and I like the protection.

Posts: 88 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is another grease I have been using lately. It is Aeroshell 22. It is a completely synthetic grease with a wide temperature range and very good EP additives.

See specs here: http://www.qclubricants.com/aeroshell/aeroshell22.htm

Posts: 41 | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GaryC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
quote:
Originally posted by Red Baron:
My G17 is my duty weapon, and I am impressed with it, never seen a single failure from me or anyone else in our dept. Sigs are still the best though.

There are only a handful of points to grease on the GLOCK. I'll make a lube guide for those too.

Did some searching but this is the closest I cam up with. Is there a write up around for how to lube a Glock?

Thanks!

http://glockparts.com/Content....Lubrication%20Points

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got some Slide Glide lite and packed it in a Monoject irrigation curved tip syringe which has a curved plastic tapered spout which is perfect for applying it to the underside of slide rails. You can get them on eBay for a couple bucks. It will not scratch any part of your gun as opposed to a blunt metal needle.

THANK YOU for this link. I've been looking for something to make my SlideGlide use less messy, and couldn't find an appropriate syringe. Obviously I wasn't looking in the right place.

Much appreciated.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
you can also use one of those little brushes that are used for applying flux to copper pipe. Just cut about half the length of the bristles off and they work well for applying slide glide.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jumping into this discussion late - but for what it is worth;

As an experiment I treated my new 938 with Miltech-1, applied as directed which requires either running the gun to operating temp or a heat gun (my method).

Out of the box the gun had a "creepy" trigger.
Combination of now over 600 rounds, miltech treatment and a little miltech grease on the underside of the slide has made the gun somooth as a baby's bottom. No the first 300 rounds (pre Miltech) were not able to get it there.

Will report back as I learn how it performs.

Posts: 32 | Registered: October 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's interesting how different lubes work. My new Sig P220 Elite loves grease on the rails. On the other hand my CZ75B in .40S&W will only run reliably if I use RemOil Dry Lube on all moving parts. Using dry lube on the Sig gets me feeding problems (not returning to battery) after 50 rounds or so. Using Shooter's Choice on the rails allows me to shoot all day. The same grease on the CZ causes feeding problems after about 40 rounds or so.

It's not my intention to start a lubrication food fight here...LOL. I'm essentially agreeing with the OP when he said that metal-to-metal surfaces need grease. My other 14 handguns all like the DryLube but the Sig does not...

Posts: 49 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: October 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We agree that lube viscosity counts, different guns call for different lubes and the same gun may require different lubes depending on temperature. But there are broader choices than just oil vs grease, For one example; Wilson Combat makes and sells four lubricants of different viscosity, branded Ultima II; Lite Oil, Oil, Universal and grease. (I have no stock in Wilson Combat, but good results with their products) and even they recommend two very thin products they do not make for sustained very cold temp's (Break-Free CLP or FP-10).

My limited experience is that lubrication food fights are difficuly to avoid if you discuss thae care of your weapon with anyone other than yourself - and perhaps even then.

Posts: 32 | Registered: October 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We seem to be in violent agreement...lol.

I'll have to try the Wilson Combat product line. You are correct there are many other choices beyond oil or grease.

Have a great day.

Posts: 49 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: October 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post