SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 Carry coming this year?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Carry coming this year? Login/Join 
posted
Been waiting for the P210 Carry since it was showcased at SHOT SHOW 2020. Numerous vids of it has SIG saying should be released June/July 2020 for around "$1,300".
Well 2 years later, only P210 thing SIG did was get rid of the Standard edition(Target only).
I'm hearing some rumblings SIG will finally release the P210 Carry this year, 2022.
Anyone else hear the same?

Posts: 9 | Location: Boston | Registered: February 03, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'd heard that from SIG CS last year, but there's no tellin' what will happen or when.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't count on it. Right now the 365s and some variants of 320 are just starting to stabilize enough that they are readily available wholesale. None of the "classic P series" guns have been available in numbers and none of the MCX, MPX, etc. I can't see them branching out until some of that gets better. I did see a limited number of standard 210s come through a couple weeks ago, though, so who knows?

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Yeah, right after MCX caliber kits.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is much of a market right now for a medium-large SAO non-ambi single stack 9mm self defense pistol. And I LIKE things like that - I have a P210T, EMP 4 Bobtail, and P225A1. I can deal with a single sided safety on a range gun like the P210, but not a carry gun. Dumb thing is the P210T frame is cut for an ambi safety but they just don't offer it.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
If Sig was smart (and they're Marketing staff clearly aren't), they would redesign the P210 Carry to have a double-stack mag. I believe if it held 13+ rounds, demand would be significant.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
If Sig was smart (and they're Marketing staff clearly aren't), they would redesign the P210 Carry to have a double-stack mag. I believe if it held 13+ rounds, demand would be significant.

I totally agree with that.

Posts: 9 | Location: Boston | Registered: February 03, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think they could shorten the grip without that being a problem for that minority of us that thought the 228/229 grip was 'too short'.

As for the magazine, I could see maybe doing that with another variation of the P210 first. If this thing is supposed to be the Carry version then there's still something to be said for making the grip slender by keeping it a single stack or, maybe at most, coming up with a P365-type mag for the pistol.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Personally I would never carry an expensive gun. If you ever had to use it, you can guarantee that it will look like crap if you ever get it back.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOS-SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:

I totally agree with that.

What is "significant"? They sell a million P365s a year. I'd bet there are several hundred thousand P320s going out the door. It's not like the classic models that are popular on this forum have become harder to find because somebody at Sig got bored with them. The fact is, guns like the P210 (and the P22X guns) are more expensive to make and do not sell as well. Sure, there is no shortage of interest here, but this is literally a forum for Sig enthusiasts.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
Personally I would never carry an expensive gun. If you ever had to use it, you can guarantee that it will look like crap if you ever get it back.

If I ever had to use it, AND I got it back, I'd cuss the ham-handed assholes who messed it up for a minute or two then I'd stop worrying about it beyond cleaning the pistol up.

My home state is infamous for not giving pistols back regardless of whether they were used and regardless of right or wrong. They just disappear for good.

But there would still be times when I'd carry it. Otherwise logic would dictate that I spend the rest of my life carrying a PSA Dagger or something.

posted Hide Post
Well, I hopefully stand corrected. Sig published a video on this gun today:

https://youtu.be/BLdJvuL1ZwI

Somebody else will have to embed, I'm on a mobile device.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
This dropped at 11:00 this morning:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p210-carry.html

Fantasy is now reality.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Yeah, right after MCX caliber kits.

And the MPX .40 & .357 Sig caliber kits promised YEARS ago.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They've already deviated enough from the original P210, that making it a double stack would be nothing but helpful to its sales.

Seriously, who is this pistol for? The 1911 crowd already has a sweetheart.

Give this thing a 15 shot capacity.

Posts: 107570 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Saw it on Facebook, good looking pistol,

https://www.facebook.com/SIGSAUERInc/

Posts: 23436 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Most sexy. I'm not sure which actually came first, but it looks like it has much the same style as the Bruiser Industries/Grayguns full-sized P210.

Come to think of it, I wonder if the Carry would look better with the rowel hammer (since GrayGuns is offering it, I assume it works)?

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Osage County has it listed on their site, no stock but you can sign up for notifications.

I think he’s a member here, but either way I have bought a lot from him and his service is great.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1554 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They've already deviated enough from the original P210, that making it a double stack would be nothing but helpful to its sales.

Seriously, who is this pistol for? The 1911 crowd already has a sweetheart.

Give this thing a 15 shot capacity.

I cannot think of a use for this one other than as a range gun. Too nice for carry and too few rounds for the size of the gun.

I do however find my full sized guns more than adequate for their intended use.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post