SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 Carry coming this year?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Carry coming this year? Login/Join 
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I know who sets MSRPs, it's in the name ("manufacturers suggested retail price"). I was trying to make the point that I wouldn't jump at MSRP either since pistols are likely to be available for less than MSRP.

I think for sure everyone knows they will sell eventually for less than MSRP, I just wonder what the realistic price they will get and hope its max 1K because I agree with 12131 in that it wouldn't feel like a good deal at $1500

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It may not be a good deal, but I just bought one.

Posts: 38 | Registered: February 17, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Got lucky and snagged one today. I must say it looks a 100% better than the pictures I have seen. The fit and finish is excellent. As for the ergonomics it feels really good in my hand. Comes with night sights and two mags. The slide release and safety are “scalloped” and as such a little funky for my taste. They function fine but they stick outa little further than I would like to see on a carry gun. The trigger is crisp with what feels like a 3.5 to 4.0lb pull. I’ll measure it tomorrow and hopefully get it to the range this weekend.
I agree with most of the comments taking issue with this pistol as a “carry gun”. It is an odd duck. Looking forward to first range visit.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new gun. I know one guy who has handled it. He liked the ergonomics and said it felt like a Browning Hi-Power from back in the day. If so, fine by me. He too, liked the fit, finish, slide to frame fit and the crisp trigger. SIG markets all their single action guns not named X5 or Sig 210 target at 5 lbs. I think. Will be interesting to see yours. Never envisioned trying to carry concealed with it. Anxious to read what you think after your first range visit.

posted Hide Post
I have the P210 standard model which I like a lot. SIG needs to make a double column magazine version, they did back in the day but the Swiss Army decided against it.
I've had mine since early 2019 but I found the 8 round capacity just a little to low for the 2 gun competition I like to do. I've been using my Colt .38 super with 10+1 and found that capacity entirely satisfactory.
I recently sourced some +1 mag extensions and with modification of the follower I can get 10+1 capacity. Now it's competitive ! My most accurate pistol with any loads I put into it. New grips and Trijicon sights complete the project.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchased.

Need milt sparks vm2. Classiest set up ever.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P210 Carry has a new “guide rod, spring” than the Standard/Target version.

Posts: 9 | Location: Boston | Registered: February 03, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I have the Standard, changed the handles to G-10 black. solved nothing. Crap - I'm ordering a Carry too. It just pulls you in.......

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Snagged one on Wednesday. I was out at OCG to pickup a new Springfield SA-35 (Hi Power Clone) and when I asked them when they thought they would get one of the P210 Carry in, they said we got one, it’s in the back. Long story short, it left with me. I know I paid a hefty premium at $1499 + tax but these are hard to come by.
On unboxing, I was immediately struck by how much better this pistol looks in person. Like many pistols, the stock photos don’t do it justice. Fit and finish are excellent. Nice trigger. Night sight and two mags. Looking forward to a range session sometime this weekend.

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Update. Got to the range this weekend and ran 200 flawless rounds — 150 BB 115FMJ and 50 Federal 124 HST. More accurate than I am. Fits like a glove in IWB holster I got from Wilson for Beretta 92 Brigadier Tactical.

Very happy.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Poppy, good to know. Mine arrived.It really does look better in person. Fits my small hands. Tight gun, excellent trigger out of the box.

No rail, not optics ready, only holds 8 rounds, and kinda wide (per one poster) and too expensive were some complaints. On the other hand, it looks good, feels good, and shoots good, real good.

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Where are the pics you guys, and the range targets I want to see some groups Wink

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Yes, we are now into the 'pics or it didn't happen' phase of this thread... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8885 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not able to post pics.

However…….

The haters can hate all they like. This thing is fantastic. It’s light, balances great, looks fantastic.

I am going to put 500 ball rounds and 100 rounds of gold dots through it ASAP.

If it shoots as good as it lucks, Milt Sparks is getting a call for a VM2.

Normally, for fancy carry, I like a Wilson Combat edc-9

The sig is AS nice if not nicer.

Will give a range report.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guessed right on TFB TV being the first TJ review it.

https://youtu.be/HO7QIw-0ReU

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BOS-SIG,

Posts: 9 | Location: Boston | Registered: February 03, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for your review after shooting it.
I have to wait to get it here cause i live in Commie MA
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
I’m not able to post pics.

However…….

The haters can hate all they like. This thing is fantastic. It’s light, balances great, looks fantastic.

I am going to put 500 ball rounds and 100 rounds of gold dots through it ASAP.

If it shoots as good as it lucks, Milt Sparks is getting a call for a VM2.

Normally, for fancy carry, I like a Wilson Combat edc-9

The sig is AS nice if not nicer.

Will give a range report.

posted Hide Post
Held one at an LGS today. The G10 grips are very nice. The aluminum frame looks better than I expected, but it should just be steel like the full size. I have a full size Target that I put Hogue wood grips on. But I can't really justify a non-ambi "carry" gun. If they made an ambi version I might get it...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Got it. Love it. Carrying it now.

It is a very naturally pointing gun for me and feels great in my hands. I was surprised because I had a 210A a few years ago that I just could not ever get comfortable with (wound up trading it for a full-rail TRP to someone here). Ran it through an afternoon of shooting and not a single hiccup (other than the ones that were 100% me!).

I know someone mentioned it not being their choice for carry because it was not an ambi-safety, but my big, dumb gorilla elbows seem to all-too-frequently disengage ambi’s, so it actually works better for me being a single-side safety.

Only thing now is to wait for more holster makers to get this in their line-up. For now, the SIG / Mitch Rosen is working well for me.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 569 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to dealer to look at 320X Compact then handled the P210 target they had, felt great, very smooth, slim size fit my hand perfectly, definitely great quality, loved it.

Posts: 178 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: December 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really a cary gun, that is what 365X is for.
This would be range fun and accuracy gun. Only thing is a 4 inch barrel it departs from the original idea of a target gun. Target gun should have 5 inch or so barrel. Aluminum frame also departs from the original of a target, high accuracy gun. Why Sig went with aluminum frame to make it lightweight for carry, got it. 8 to 10 rounds is fine, millions of shooters since 1900’s were just fine with 10 rounds or below capacity.
So a bit hard to see the market for this. Price tag does not help either.
Just trying to come up with some perfect reason to not buy it as I cannot afford.
If i could I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Posts: 178 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: December 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post