SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 Carry coming this year?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Carry coming this year? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Anyone who has a concealed carry “rotation” consisting of significantly different guns and they are therefore not as proficient with any single one as they could be might decide that this one would be just the variety spice that would enliven their drab, wretched lives.* Just as men don’t wear Patek Philippe and even Rolex watches to tell time, this isn’t about shooting anyone. As SIG’s own video about the pistol states, this is a “gentleman’s” carry gun.

Wasn’t there someone here who convinced Grayguns to turn a conventional P210 into an LE duty weapon? And besides, shot placement, shot placement, shot placement: Put it where it needs to go, and eight rounds is seven more than necessary. That’s what we’ve heard from the 1911 crowd for decades. Wink

* Credit to Tom Lehrer.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you spell, in a heart beat I will.
There is nothing like a single stack, and a single stack 9.
Practical as a carry gun? Well, if we used that criteria, I’d sell off an awful lot since I have a 365 (or two) and who needs anything else.
Similar form factor as the P7, which did just fine for me for 15 plus years. Lot of people here loved the original 225, 225A, 239, the list goes on.
I have original P210’s, but as a little guy I really look forward to the lighter weight and smaller form factor — even as a range gun. And yup, this just begs for nice leather and the occasional carry.
I’m planning on waiting a bit to ensure it passes the test, then buying one for sure (before Sig can end production).
Bravo for Sig.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
https://www.sigsauer.com/p210-carry.html

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
$1500? I like it, but not $1500 like. What's so freaking special about this, when the now discontinued Standard was about $1100? Roll Eyes Even the Target model sells for less than $1500.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think we can file this under the philosophy of "SIG sells everything they make".

How many of you would be interested in it if it were a double stack?

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it, i like the p210a, the german p210, the p210 2-6, the 49's well shit, I think I am addicted with out actually owning any of them

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was living in a fantasy world when I hoped it would sell for 1K or so. 1500? Pass.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's called the "Carry"

I ask you- just who is going to carry this?

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I was living in a fantasy world when I hoped it would sell for 1K or so.
It might right before they discontinue it in 15 months

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9 | Location: Boston | Registered: February 03, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I think we can file this under the philosophy of "SIG sells everything they make".

How many of you would be interested in it if it were a double stack?

Someone asked earlier how I would qualify significant demand, if the P210C were a double stack. My answer is that Sig would sell a hell of a lot more than the 5K pistols the company is planning to make in the current configuration.

Imagine a $1100 - 1300 15-round, lightweight P210 with ~ 4" barrel... how would that not compete well with Compact / Commander 1911 models and other pistols of similar size?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I was living in a fantasy world when I hoped it would sell for 1K or so. 1500? Pass.

They priced that new gold pimped out 365 at $1100. I suppose in a world where that is worth $1100 this might be worth $1500. Personally I don’t think either is true. Let’s not forget the $8000 spear they have too.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's called the "Carry"

I ask you- just who is going to carry this?

From the email I got this morning from Sig. "and increased balance of an ideal carry pistol."

Why in the world would I want to carry a Full size single stack 9mm that has a 8 round capacity?! I'm with Para on this one. There's so many better "Carry" pistols out there.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the risk of being repetitive, a large heavy 9mm with only eight round mag capacity? Might stand a chance with 15 rounds.

If I'm gonna have eight rounds, I'd prefer my 1911's. Yeah, I know the nine is supposed to be equal to the .45ACP with modern ammo. Unscientifically, my old (large) gut doesn't believe that.

Regarding high priced carry guns. So what, if it saves your life? Especially if it shoots better for you.

LOL. As I was typing this an email came in from Sig announcing the "Now available" Sig P210 Carry.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Anyone else think the grips are reminiscent of some old Pachmayrs?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I could afford it, I'd carry it. It's the Commander version of a P210. I'd like to fondle one to see how wide the grips are, but I have no issue with the size or weight- a 9mm this weight would be essentially recoilless.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could see it as something of a barbeque gun. The biggest issue will be finding a holster that doesn't suck.

I'd probably wear it to a wedding or court or something like that.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
They've already deviated enough from the original P210, that making it a double stack would be nothing but helpful to its sales.

Seriously, who is this pistol for? The 1911 crowd already has a sweetheart.

Give this thing a 15 shot capacity.

I agree, and it needs a rail for a light. One of the P49 prototypes was a double stack, so it’s possible. A capable SAO metal framed pistol will sell itself.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I also think 15 round capacity would have more people interested.

Looks nice but not for me.

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want a double stack get P224, P226, P228, or P229, 229, and 229 compact is a flop. I've was hoping for a P225 carry, if you need more than 8 rounds, your screwed anyhow, don't take on 5 bank robbers. This is on my attention list who says you can't own over a dozen Sigs Wink

Posts: 41 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post