SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 Carry coming this year?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Carry coming this year? Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I always laugh at the “if you need over x rounds…” posts.

What is it? Is it 5? That’s what J-frame guys say. Anything over 5 rounds and you’re fucked anyways. They laugh at you for carrying 8. Is 7 like the subcompact .380 guys say? Or is it 9 like 1911 and P225 guys say? Please tell me what the exact number of rounds every single person will need in a gunfight because I would love to know exactly the count that a situation gets to a point I might as well surrender. If I shoot 8 rounds out of my G19 should I just toss the gun and its remaining 8 rounds down and let the bad guy shoot me in the head?

I’m no professional gunfighter but I’m pretty sure that if you need more than 8 rounds then you’ll wish you had 9.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by siliconsorcerer:
if you need more than 8 rounds, your screwed anyhow, don't take on 5 bank robbers.
That's the stupidest thing I've read all week.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I agree, and it needs a rail for a light. One of the P49 prototypes was a double stack, so it’s possible. A capable SAO metal framed pistol will sell itself.
Yes, there is a precedent- the SP 44/16.

posted Hide Post
Is this the first P210 variant to ever have an alloy frame?

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I always laugh at the “if you need over x rounds…” posts.

What is it? Is it 5? That’s what J-frame guys say. Anything over 5 rounds and you’re fucked anyways. They laugh at you for carrying 8. Is 7 like the subcompact .380 guys say? Or is it 9 like 1911 and P225 guys say? Please tell me what the exact number of rounds every single person will need in a gunfight because I would love to know exactly the count that a situation gets to a point I might as well surrender. If I shoot 8 rounds out of my G19 should I just toss the gun and its remaining 8 rounds down and let the bad guy shoot me in the head?

I’m no professional gunfighter but I’m pretty sure that if you need more than 8 rounds then you’ll wish you had 9.

Probably someone that carries a several 15 round mags too. If you ain't him them in 8 rounds you suck and go pratice and yes I'm been in the field and have been in real fights and been shot too. Real world that's enough for a self defense carry piece.
Anyhow this p210 unfortunately is a flop anyhow, SOA and a safety wt.. is that. I would never carry a gun with a safety. As Sig said long ago if you don't want it to fire don't pull the trigger. Want a safety stop off at the dress store.

Posts: 41 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
When does the version with optics cut come out? I think I’m waiting on the rainbow finish option

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
When does the version with optics cut come out? I think I’m waiting on the rainbow finish option

If the rainbow finish looks as good as it did on the 239 (still trying to find one for a decent price, so regret not grabbing one from Bud’s when they were $450) and my Kershaw Leek I am game!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lot_45:

no. a small series was made for Denmark in the early 60s.
this carry version is most likely different from the Danish pattern and I assume it will share the locking block of the SIGSauer series.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lot_45:

I resisted as long as I could:
Steel is an alloy. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on now, you have to admit that "alloy" as stated on the Sig specs suggests that it is not steel but aluminum. Please dont make me feel like a jack ass for asking a question that is well within the Sig spec sheet designation. Is the frame steel, stainless steel, or "ALLOY"? Guess you hit me in a rare moment. I just buried my cat today after putting him down due to condition leading to a slow painful death that would otherwise taken him out.

From the Sig website "Press Link":
NEWINGTON, N.H., (February 10, 2022) – SIG SAUER is pleased to announce the latest release in the historic line of P210 pistols – the P210 CARRY. This pistol combines the historic lineage of its iconic Swiss predecessor with the ideal characteristics and necessities the modern consumer expects in a carry pistol.

“The SIG P210 is regarded as one of the most legendary, reliable, and accurate firearms in the world; the P210 CARRY pays homage to the foundational craftsmanship of its forerunner while maintaining the features, weight, and balance of an ideal carry pistol,” said Tom Taylor, Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President, Commercial Sales, SIG SAUER, Inc. “The alloy frame lightens the weight, the slim low-profile grips with wrap-around checkering allow for an ideal purchase, and the shortened slide features the hallmark P210 signature reverse rail design bringing the premium P210 shooting experience to a carry gun.”

The SIG SAUER P210 CARRY is a 9mm, hammer-fired alloy frame pistol with a Nitron finish, and a stainless-steel slide with front and rear cocking serrations. The pistol features slim black HOGUE™ G10 grips with front, side and back checkering, an SAO trigger, thumb safety, and SIGLITE night sights. The P210 CARRY ships with (2) two eight-round magazines

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lot_45,

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your cat. Frown

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your caring. Appreciate it!

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I agree, and it needs a rail for a light. One of the P49 prototypes was a double stack, so it’s possible. A capable SAO metal framed pistol will sell itself.
Yes, there is a precedent- the SP 44/16.

That would seem to be way ahead of its time. I really like that old pistol.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder when and who will do the first review of the P210 CARRY on Youtube.
My guess is 1 week FROM TODAY 2/13 and by TFB TV.

Posts: 9 | Location: Boston | Registered: February 03, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P225A1 died rather quickly. I have one and the grip is great and the trigger is very good. A Sig Armorer hammer strut makes the DA even smoother. It's my only DA/SA Sig now. I picked up a threaded P239 barrel on the cheap after they were discontinued and it's a drop-in so it will be a suppressor host in the future.

I do not expect this P210 Carry to last very long.

The P210A Target is marketed as target gun and it really is one with target sights. Plus it's a piece of history with a few updates, kind of like a modernized but classic loooking 1911 like an Ed Brown. The workmanship on these is outstanding especially the slide and barrel fitting. No play and very very smooth.

The P210A Standard only changed the grips and the sights and died quickly. Why have a target gun with plain white dot sights that have to be drifted? The only improvement was the smaller grips because the target grips are huge. But you can get outstanding grips from Hogue that are even better than the Sig Standard grips so that's not a big deal.

I can't "carry" a single sided safety pistol, and size/weight vs. capacity is not favorable. I think there should be an ambi option. If you want a double stack, a P229 SAO Legion already covers that. The SA EMP's have been around a while and haven't died so the market for a single action single stack 9mm carry gun is big enough for them. But then it's a 1911 derivative and that's "America's Pistol" so it's going to get attention. The P210 is much lesser known by the general public and really just marketed for Sig Enthusiasts. If I lived in a state with a 10 round magazine limit then a single stack is a viable option rather than a double stack with crippled mags and wasted space. Now, if Sig releases a version in .30 Super Carry with 10+1 then we have an interesting option. Not only can we have pistol that goes out of production quickly, we can have a caliber that does the same thing, leaving us with a very nice paperweight.

A word about capacity. Clint Smith says in the 90's the average police officer carrying a Glock 17 fired 12.9 rounds to get one hit and 17.5 rounds per engagement. They shoot until the gun is empty. I think this is NYPD data so it's skewed a bit by the heavy New York trigger. With revolvers the numbers were different at 2.8 rounds per hit and 5.6 rounds per engagement, they still shot it until it was empty. Some other searches resulted in data showing hit rates ranging from less than 20% to almost 50% depending on the department.

We may say that many officers do not practice and just do the 50 round qualification each year, and that we may shoot much better than that at the range, but most of us have never been in a real gunfight and have no idea how well we will shoot under stress. People who compete in IDPA or USPSA or who get professional training may have better results but still, competition and training targets do not shoot back.

So if you assume worst case hit rate to be 20%, you need 15 rounds to get three hits. 8+1 will get you one hit, maybe two. And one or two hits may not stop the perpetrator. When you watch videos of actual shootings a lot of people are clearly shoving the gun out in front of them and pulling the trigger fast, not really aiming, and sort of flinching their head away. If you shoot as badly as the NYPD in Clint's example, you need 13 rounds to get a hit. Now, police often shoot at further distances and there is a difference in hit rate for less than 7 yards and more than 7 yards. Since most SD shootings are within 7 yards you might do better.

But, with an adrenaline dump and someone who is likely to hurt/kill you if you don't stop them immediately, I'm not counting on being very accurate, personally.

Clint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3l6BR4YXKY

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the ballistic data is fine, but you can still do everything right, shoot a guy five or six times, and not stop him. Even people with non-survivable wounds have been known to do damage for some time before incapacitation.

"Statistics are cool comfort for the man who just got struck by lightning."

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
P210 Carry in a fine exotic leather custom holster for BBQ's and weddings.

A Kel Tec P50 and second magazine in an Andrews Custom Leather Spring Break Shoulder Holster for bank robbery interdictions.

Everything else is a compromise.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You might want to fix that quote. I didn't say those things.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOS-SIG:
I wonder when and who will do the first review of the P210 CARRY on Youtube.
My guess is 1 week FROM TODAY 2/13 and by TFB TV.

First of all my money is on “gun shorts” James Reeves to be the first guntube video. Second everyone is shitting on this because it’s not their dream of what a new age p210 carry should be. People buy low capacity firearms for various reasons all the time. I would buy one and carry it without a problem provided I can find a suitable holster. I never felt undergun’d (is that a word, because my iPhone keeps changing it?) when carrying any low capacity pistol but I do normally carry a extra mag. Also if you want a double stack p210 it’s already been made… the cz p-01 it has everything all you all want, a rail for a light, you can get it single action, double action or hell you can even get the omega version that you can swap between the two yourself, it holds the magic 15 rounds and it’s half the price with all the aftermarket support you could ask for! Your welcome!

Posts: 41 | Location: East Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
...everyone is shitting on this because it’s not their dream of what a new age p210 carry should be.
No one is "shitting" on it. SIG is calling it a "Carry" and the objection is that it doesn't fit the bill for that name. It comes across like mere marketing. Haven't you been marketed to/at enough? Are we baby chicks with our mouths wide open, waiting for whatever mama bird chooses to drop in?
quote:
...when carrying any low capacity pistol but I do normally carry a extra mag.
Why would you do that?
quote:
Also if you want a double stack p210 it’s already been made… the cz p-01 it has everything all you all want, a rail for a light, you can get it single action, double action or hell you can even get the omega version that you can swap between the two yourself, it holds the magic 15 rounds and it’s half the price with all the aftermarket support you could ask for!
That's damn silly and you know it.
quote:
Your welcome!
How cute. Everyone is impressed.