SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
The MR 73 is the Sig P210 of revolvers, maybe more so, and maybe even stronger.
Read the history. Quite remarkable.
When Beretta releases a version with the additional 9mm cylinder, my bank account will go down 4k. Happily.
Anyone with any experience shooting both the 3" and 4" versions to compare?

Yes, I love them...

My 4" model has a low 3xxx serial number and is from the first year of production in 1973. Its unfired in the original box. The 6" MR 73 Sport is my shooter.

Beautiful.
Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread. Got me reading about French revolvers , and what went into making the M73.

Also read about another model, the MR88. Looks to be a Ruger GP100 frame mated to a Manurhin barrel and cylinder, without the great trigger system of the M73.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bourrat.free.fr mr73 for those who can French

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
bourrat.free.fr mr73 for those who can French

posted Hide Post
Sorry: gbourrat.free.fr Mr73

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Interesting thread. Got me reading about French revolvers , and what went into making the M73.

Also read about another model, the MR88. Looks to be a Ruger GP100 frame mated to a Manurhin barrel and cylinder, without the great trigger system of the M73.

The MR88 was based on Ruger and a much lower cost option for the French. Totally different than the MR73

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have an original St Etienne-made GIGN surplus MR73 with Trausch grips and loaned it to my buddy at Beretta. He brought it in for the gunsmiths and Accoceek to look over and they shot it in the tube in the basement. They all loved it. He was the guy who made these new imports happen and is a huge revolver fan. BUSA just did a FB live with him showing the details a few days ago.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one is making anyone buy an expensive revolver, but it’s nice to have choices.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

The MR88 was based on Ruger and a much lower cost option for the French. Totally different than the MR73

Yep, that's what I said.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
surplus MR88's were blown out for like $499 a year or two ago. Terrific deal but not an MR73.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
surplus MR88's were blown out for like $499 a year or two ago. Terrific deal but not an MR73.

Nope

Not even close

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the Manurhin revolvers and the deep bluing applied to them. As always, your collection BAC, is simply amazing.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even if I HAD the money, I am in California- so I can't get any DA/SA revolvers that haven't been approved for the CA handgun list.

Unless it is C&R.

Now, if I COULD buy it, would I? I don't know. My revolvers get a lot less action than my bottom feeders [AKA self-loaders].

From a cost-benefit analysis, I don't think it meets MY needs- no matter how awesome it is. And, I have never heard anything but good about them.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it was the 2013-2014 era that Aimsurplus had surplus mr73 for close to $400.
Then few months after Classic had x-grade mr73’s for $299.
Century Arms was the importer.

Posts: 19 | Location: FL | Registered: April 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
No one is making anyone buy an expensive revolver, but it’s nice to have choices.

Yes they are, Beretta is making me buy this.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
I really hope these are still being imported in 2 or 3 years when I actually have money for this sort of thing. I missed out on one of these about 12 years ago due to ignorance and have been kicking myself ever since. These have been on my grail list ever since.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bczrx:
Even if I HAD the money, I am in California- so I can't get any DA/SA revolvers that haven't been approved for the CA handgun list.

Unless it is C&R.

Now, if I COULD buy it, would I? I don't know. My revolvers get a lot less action than my bottom feeders [AKA self-loaders].

From a cost-benefit analysis, I don't think it meets MY needs- no matter how awesome it is. And, I have never heard anything but good about them.

I would not be surprised if Beretta plans to submit these revolvers for approval for sale in CA. Majority of Beretta's product line is, so be patient and don't lose hope.

Also just want to say that...basically every gun I own do not meet my "need", but rather, my WANT.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Sorry I touched a nerve. Enjoy your 3 thousand dollar six shooter.

Oh plenty of people do, don't you worry. Wink

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Korth 4" Mongoose, and i will be getting one of these. The whole "its 3,000.00" is lost on me.
If you have the money and want one then its worth it. If you think its too much for a revoilver then you don't buy one. This is America. $3,000 to some is like $100 to another.
I will order a 4" version this week

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will they do one with an extra 9mm cylinder?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post