SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That’s pretty good service. Under the grips is ideal. I wish more importers did that.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I was out of town for a while, but picked up my MR73 Sport 5.25" revolver (imported by JJ Perodeau) from my FFL today.

I likely won't get a chance to shoot it for weeks or months (tons of stuff happening this summer), but handling and dry firing it, it sure looks like an impressive piece of craftsmanship.

Fit and finish is perfect. The cylinder locks up like a bank vault. The double action trigger pull is very smooth with a few gentle bumps as different mechanisms engage but without any ramping (I have a S&W Model 57 where the double action pull gets heavier for part of the pull and then drops off abruptly - makes a smooth pull difficult). The single action pull is probably the best I've experienced on any gun, including S&W revolvers (some of which have had trigger work), old Pythons, high end 1911s, and target rifles. It is perfectly smooth with zero takeup and so little travel it is hard to tell it even moves.

If you want the most effective .357 combat revolver, sure, it's probably an 8-shot N-frame cut for moon clips. I'm not planning on taking it into combat.

So far, the gun looks like an absolute work of art.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:

I likely won't get a chance to shoot it for weeks or months (tons of stuff happening this summer), but handling and dry firing it, it sure looks like an impressive piece of craftsmanship.

If you need a friend to do the break in for you while you're busy ...

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought this model 73 last month. The double action trigger was a little heavy, easy to adjust with a screw in front of grip frame.

6 Rounds 7 yards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RFSALES,

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Nice one, RFSALES! Which loads were those?

If range, time and ammo are available could you shoot a couple of 50ft or 25 yard targets for us?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This target shot with mixed manufacture 158 grain semi wadcutter.
This target was the first time I shot the Model 73.
I was learning the trigger and sights. The gun shot high so I worked my way down from the top, shot at 10 and 15 yards with 158 grain round nose and 130 grain FMJ. Most shot double action, the ones on lower left were single action.

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Pretty good!
How does it compare to other match quality revolvers you have shot?

posted Hide Post
I have shoot S&W revolvers since 1968 carried as a LEO till I quit in 1988, I attended the armorers school and could tweek my gun. I've had some very fine shooting S&W revolvers with smooth trigger pull and shot PPC gun built by Bill Davis.
The Bill Davis had the lightest double action I ever shot and still would set off primers, and very smooth.
The Manurhin allows the shooter to adjust the trigger poundage with a screw in the front of the grip and adjust the main spring with another screw.
I adjusted the double action and now have a 7.4 pound double action. I shot a variety of 38 special ammo and all had nice indents no failures to fire. Not as smooth as the Bill Davis gun but better than any other gun I have shot. With the Trausch grips and smooth light double action makes shooting a dream.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The first gun I ever bought was a Manurhin PPK/s. This Manurhin might be my next as well. I'd better start saving pennies. Lots, and lots of pennies.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a fantastic thread to read, especially for a revolver fan like me. I'm not in the market for one of these beauties but they sure look nice. And from reading the posts, they perform wonderfully as well. Congratulations to all who have or are getting one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TN Mark,

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are your thoughts about the rather unusual sight set up? IE, white outline rear and plain black front?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The front and rear sights are all black. I would prefer a gold bead on the front sight, not an option from Manurhun so I may have to do it myself. For now I painted the front sight pink and that helped.

posted Hide Post
Is that rear sight standard? I get extending sight radius but that seems odd, and fugly.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a Target version, the extended sight gives a 6 inch sight radius.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RFSALES:
The front and rear sights are all black. I would prefer a gold bead on the front sight, not an option from Manurhun so I may have to do it myself. For now I painted the front sight pink and that helped.

On the Beretta website the 5.25" Sport model has white dot rears? I believe I read somewhere that was at the request of the GIGN, but I am not sure I understand it.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Manurhin MR73 Match revolvers are sublime.

I have 2 of them - 1 x .32 S&W L and 1 x .38 Spec.

Pictured here with a Unique Des 96/U .22lr and a Unique Des 32/U .32 S&W L.

[/IMG]

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New shipment of Manurhin MR73 revolvers has just arrived in Australia - including this intriguing beast. Price equates to $USD2900

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lenny:
New shipment of Manurhin MR73 revolvers has just arrived in Australia - including this intriguing beast. Price equates to $USD2900

Very cool!
See Forgotten Weapons MR73 Sniper (hope this link works).
https://youtu.be/P1zEUGck8NE

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Are there any more range reports on these newer MR-73's?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lenny:
Price equates to $USD2900
What a joke. There's not a chance in Hell. AFAIC they can dump the things in the ocean.

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post