SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
Wow wasn't expecting this. I've never held one but I hear good things. Nice looking revolvers.

Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup

"From Beretta . . .

Beretta USA is excited to announce the inclusion of Manurhin revolvers into our commercial product line-up. The official launch of this new line will take place this week at the 2021 USPSA LOCAP Nationals in Talladega, AL.

The French company Chapuis Armes, a world leader in hunting firearms, has manufactured, produced, and distributed the legendary Manurhin revolvers for nearly 20 years. These storied firearms benefit from the expertise and craftsmanship of Chapuis Armes’ gunsmiths for quality and finish. The full range of Manurhin revolvers fulfills the needs of target shooters and law enforcement officers worldwide.

The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers were explicitly developed for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. The pistols feature exceptional accuracy and proven reliability, tested with tens of thousands of rounds of full power .357 Mag ammunition during durability testing.

“Beretta is proud to have the opportunity to bring the best revolver in the world to the US market in cooperation with our sister company, Chapuis Armes – the parent company of Manurhin. These products are in keeping with our philosophy of producing the best offerings on the market, and we are excited to enter into the revolver market with such a storied brand and the renowned MR73 series specifically,” Erik Stern, Tactical and Pro-Shop Product Manager, said.

The MR73 Gendarmerie 4” and MR73 Sport 5.25” will be the first Manurhin products that Beretta will import and include into the current premium product line-up. The accurate and durable MR73 series features cold hammer-forged barrels, target adjustable sights, an ergonomic target grip for enhanced recoil mitigation, and a premium target trigger that is adjustable for overtravel.

The cold hammer-forged barrel allows for enhanced durability and world-class accuracy. Cold hammer-forging processes provide the highest level of repeatability and consistency possible in the industry and are standard for Manurhin revolvers.

The LPA target adjustable rear sight allows the shooter to make macro and micro-adjustments for wind and elevation as necessary, making any adjustments needed for longer range shooting a snap.

The MR series of revolvers ships with a highly ergonomic target grip created by the legendary Jacques Trausch. These grips are known for extreme recoil mitigation (especially with full-house .357 Magnum loads) and high levels of shooter control and allow for increased accuracy, faster follow-up shots, and limit recoil transfer to the shooter’s hands.

All Manurhin MR73 series revolvers feature a triple adjustable trigger with an overtravel screw built into the trigger as well as a hammer force adjustment screw and a hammer spring weight adjustment screw built into the frame. This high level of adjustability allows for the shooter to dial in the trigger to the precise specifications needed for maximum control over the shot.

Starting today, consumers can visit one of our three Beretta Gallery locations (New York, Dallas, and Memphis) and select Beretta Dealers to learn more about and purchase one of these world-class revolvers."


https://www.thetruthaboutguns....ers-to-their-lineup/
 
Posts: 10569 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3070097184
But to be fair, that thread title tells you nothing. I like yours much better. Wink


Q






 
Posts: 22517 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3070097184
But to be fair, that thread title tells you nothing. I like yours much better. Wink


"Nothing"?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,


_____________________
 
Posts: 13932 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
Well, it tells us you " don't need an expensive/upscale blued .38/357 target revolver," not that Beretta is producing the Manurhin. Wink


______________________________________________
I believe in the 25th amendment.
 
Posts: 14537 | Location: Escaping Seattle-ish | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
So, since these are being made in France, do they surrender after you fire the first shot?
 
Posts: 706 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by giz55792:
So, since these are being made in France, do they surrender after you fire the first shot?


Not sure, but they’re much nicer than any DA revolver built in the states in the past 50 years, I’ll tell you that for sure.
 
Posts: 1100 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'd like to try one. See what Randy Lee can do with it, too.


_________________________
“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”--Thomas Sowell
 
Posts: 16985 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Suggested price is over 3 grand, that's right $3,000 plus....



I think I'll keep my Colt Trooper and Smith model 19.
 
Posts: 2990 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Suggested price is over 3 grand, that's right $3,000 plus....



I think I'll keep my Colt Trooper and Smith model 19.


Yeah well you should see what the original commercial models bring. Even beat up surplus models bring high dollars.

…and there’s no comparison between a S&W 19 or Colt Trooper and an MR73. The ME is far more accurate and far more durable, with better refinement, fit and finish, attention to detail, etc. it’s one of the finest revolvers ever built.
 
Posts: 1100 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Well... I’ve seen plenty of good revolver shooters make cloverleafs at bullseye matches so I think the claim of waaay more accuracy is a bit hyperbolic. As to durability I’ve never seen an L or N frame shot to death so I don’t buy that either. F+F it probably wins easily as it should at triple the price.

If you limit your comparison to a Colt Trooper or S&W 19 only it seems a bit disingenuous. Those aren’t exactly the state of the art revolver you might buy today. How about the Super GP100 or one of the N frame Smith’s? Tell me how this gun at triple the price is more durable, more accurate, and worth the extra 2k all while holding fewer rounds. Nice guns but come on. It’s like reading that article from the French police commander where he claims 6 shots is an advantage over higher capacity because it “forces” you to be more accurate with those shots. Umm, ok. Rationalize much? Lol

Beautiful guns but let’s not lose our collective minds.
 
Posts: 5111 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Early Manurhins do bring serious money, much reminiscent of how the original Pythons do. Thanks to gun transfers I've handled a couple of Manurhins over the years and yeah, even in worn and rough condition they are indeed impressive. No current production, new Dan Wesson, Colt, S&W or Ruger (probably should add Kimber too, but I kind of have a soft spot for the K6S) that we've had through the shop has left that same sort of impact of its underlying build quality, and this was with USED examples! The sort of feeling you get when you handle and shoot a tired looking P210 or P49, where its inherent brilliance is still there, underneath all of the scuffs and scratches and after all of its decades of use and even some abuse. That's likely why buyers of the old Manurhins were willing to pay $4k and above for those otherwise scruffy looking guns.

Now...how these new guns measure up...well, I suppose we'll find out soon enough. Surprising that Beretta is importing these but considering all the problems they've been having getting their OWN production of semi-auto pistols and shotguns back in order, I suppose having something more to sell is better than having way too little as it is now. Now if only Nighthawk would bring Korth to the game more than the pittance that they do already. One thing that probably will happen if these new Manurhins are as good as the old ones: there probably will be a 'market correction' when it comes to the used guns' pricing.


-MG
 
Posts: 1135 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Well... I’ve seen plenty of good revolver shooters make cloverleafs at bullseye matches so I think the claim of waaay more accuracy is a bit hyperbolic. As to durability I’ve never seen an L or N frame shot to death so I don’t buy that either. F+F it probably wins easily as it should at triple the price.

If you limit your comparison to a Colt Trooper or S&W 19 only it seems a bit disingenuous. Those aren’t exactly the state of the art revolver you might buy today. How about the Super GP100 or one of the N frame Smith’s? Tell me how this gun at triple the price is more durable, more accurate, and worth the extra 2k all while holding fewer rounds. Nice guns but come on. It’s like reading that article from the French police commander where he claims 6 shots is an advantage over higher capacity because it “forces” you to be more accurate with those shots. Umm, ok. Rationalize much? Lol

Beautiful guns but let’s not lose our collective minds.


The MR is K frame sized and will outlast the N frame and probably the Ruger. It will certainly outshoot either. Do you know anything about them or are you just dismissing it due to cost?

As for rationalization, I buy the best and that’s what matters to me. I put the MR above any American DA revolver built on this side of WWII. Capacity means nothing in terms of a revolver, because I don’t carry or compete with them. To me, worrying about capacity in a revolver is like arguing over who’s the tallest midget in the circus.

Yes, to me it’s worth 3x what an L frame is, because I wouldn’t own one if it was given to me. The old commercial models bring 5X what an L frame does, so these seem like a bargain.
 
Posts: 1100 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry I touched a nerve. Enjoy your 3 thousand dollar six shooter.
 
Posts: 5111 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Hell yes.



"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
 
Posts: 4479 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
The MR is K frame sized and will outlast the N frame and probably the Ruger. It will certainly outshoot either.

I've shot a few S&W and Ruger revolvers over the years, plus a few Colts. In my club-fisted hands, the most accurate revolver was a Freedom Arms 97 in 357 Mag. Do you have an idea how the Freedom Arms 97 might compare to the Manurhin in accuracy?
 
Posts: 7301 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
The MR 73 is the Sig P210 of revolvers, maybe more so, and maybe even stronger.
Read the history. Quite remarkable.
When Beretta releases a version with the additional 9mm cylinder, my bank account will go down 4k. Happily.
Anyone with any experience shooting both the 3" and 4" versions to compare?
 
Posts: 600 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I would like to try one. It can keep my Korth company




Regards,

P.
 
Posts: 1268 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
The MR is K frame sized and will outlast the N frame and probably the Ruger. It will certainly outshoot either.

I've shot a few S&W and Ruger revolvers over the years, plus a few Colts. In my club-fisted hands, the most accurate revolver was a Freedom Arms 97 in 357 Mag. Do you have an idea how the Freedom Arms 97 might compare to the Manurhin in accuracy?


I've got a Freedom Arms 97 and 83. While I never shot them together, I'd say the MR is definitely a match for their accuracy.
 
Posts: 1100 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
The MR 73 is the Sig P210 of revolvers, maybe more so, and maybe even stronger.
Read the history. Quite remarkable.
When Beretta releases a version with the additional 9mm cylinder, my bank account will go down 4k. Happily.
Anyone with any experience shooting both the 3" and 4" versions to compare?

Yes, I love them...

My 4" model has a low 3xxx serial number and is from the first year of production in 1973. Its unfired in the original box. The 6" MR 73 Sport is my shooter.




 
Posts: 1100 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
I would like to try one. It can keep my Korth company


I love Korths and MR 73's...

 
Posts: 1100 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup

© SIGforum 2022