SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
My son sent me this link to youtube review:

https://youtu.be/bcQmReWckNk

"The MR73 is coming back. Yes, you read that right. The legendary Manurhin MR73 revolver is being imported again into the United States, and this time it's through the oldest gun manufacturer in the world, Beretta. James Reeves gets his hands on this $3,300 masterwork of a combat revolver built for the elite French GIGN counterterrorist force in today's episode of TFB TV. As usual, James walks you through the specs, gives you the details and gives you his honest opinion about the Manurhin MR73. Yes, this gun is pricey, but Its accuracy, durability, and construction may be without parallel. Check out today's video and let us know if you agree. The following is Beretta's press release about this gun:

"The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. The pistols feature exceptional accuracy and proven reliability, tested with tens of thousands of rounds of full power .357 MAG during durability testing. With a history and tradition of fine gun making behind them, the Manurhin series of Revolvers is truly world class. The MR73 Sport is specifically designed for a high level competition and bullseye shooting and features adjustable target sights, target adjustable trigger and ergonomic grips. Available now through Beretta Premium Galleries and Dealers."

Contents:
0:00​ Intro and History
2:51​ Overview of the Manurhin MR73
6:43​ Brief Specs
7:47​ Shooting Impressions/Review
11:12​ Trigger Weight Measurements
11:25​ Summary and Conclusion
12:25​ Negatives
15:16​ Outro

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
What is it about this new Manurhin that makes it a $3000.00 gun?

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh god, here we go again.

To recap. It’s the most accurate, long lasting, durable, beautiful, 6 shot revolver with the most amazing trigger because of twin roller bearings that the French could ever make. They tested it against the the S&W 19 and even though everyone knew a 19 couldn’t stand a steady diet of full house magnums everyone was amazed when the 19 failed in the test and the mr73 soldiered on.

Everyone will say well yes but this is K frame size even though the dimensions and weight certainly sound more L frame but whatever.

It’s the best revolver you could buy in 1973 for the minuscule price of $3299. Yay.

Good for informal target practice, keeping in a box hoping it jumps in value, anything that you still think a revolver straight from the Serpico days is still the best tool for.

Posts: 7343 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

To recap. It’s the most accurate, long lasting, durable, beautiful, 6 shot revolver with the most amazing trigger because of twin roller bearings that the French could ever make. They tested it against the the S&W 19 and even though everyone knew a 19 couldn’t stand a steady diet of full house magnums everyone was amazed when the 19 failed in the test and the mr73 soldiered on.

Everyone will say well yes but this is K frame size even though the dimensions and weight certainly sound more L frame but whatever.

It’s the best revolver you could buy in 1973 for the minuscule price of $3299. Yay.

Good for informal target practice, keeping in a box hoping it jumps in value, anything that you still think a revolver straight from the Serpico days is still the best tool for.

Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
What is it about this new Manurhin that makes it a $3000.00 gun?

First off, the revolver has been around for nearly 50 years and there’s plenty of info on them. It’s nothing new. Secondly, speaking for myself and likely a few others here, $3000 doesn’t seem like much at all. If I get a new Beretta imported model, it will be one of my lower priced handguns this year.

Not everything is stamped out by the thousands and sold for $800.

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays.

…or maybe some of us are tired of people complaining about the cost. High end handguns aren’t for everyone. This was never intended to be bought by folks on a Ruger budget.

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Who is complaining? All I wanted to know was what justified the price. Lighten up!!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
machine gun steel, 12hrs of hand-fitting, precision accuracy that is unparalled, mirror blue finish, etc etc etc.

With used Pythons routinely hitting that price at more, you can purchase a superior weapon for less by buying an MR73. Also....though the MSRP is $3199, they're going for more on GB which indicates it's value is higher and demand is strong.

I'll be buying one....just need to decide which length I want. As bac1023 stated....it will be one of my lower priced purchases this year.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^The current prices that things are 'going for' on GunBroker doesn't indicate the 'value' of anything! Demand is unprecedented right now and prices on GB are insane for basically EVERYTHING! After the current panic is over and things return to 'normal' almost EVERYONE that purchased ANYTHING on GB within the last year will realize they WAY overpaid...Just Sayin' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^The current prices that things are 'going for' on GunBroker doesn't indicate the 'value' of anything! Demand is unprecedented right now and prices on GB are insane for basically EVERYTHING! After the current panic is over and things return to 'normal' almost EVERYONE that purchased ANYTHING on GB within the last year will realize they WAY overpaid...Just Sayin' Wink

Funny thing about free markets; people are free to pay what they want for things and economists call that value. So, if a vendor lists the start price at MSRP and it goes for more, it takes two bidders who place a higher value on the item than MSRP to drive it up.

So, yes, an auction ABSOLUTELY represents the value at least two people place on an item at the time they bid.

Me? I'll call the Beretta Gallery and buy one and not play the GB game, unless another dealer can source for me.

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I don't know what Beretta's availability is like, but if they aren't going to have them for a while or if they run out, it turns out there are a number of small importers that have been importing them into the US for a while.

I bought a German P210 Super Target that way back when they first started being made.

I just put down a deposit on a 5.25" barreled MR73 from a shipment coming in later this week or early next week to one of the small importers, JJ Perodeau. He also has, is getting, or can get some of the other barrel lengths or variants (like the .38 Match) that Beretta hasn't said anything about importing.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:

I just put down a deposit on a 5.25" barreled MR73 from a shipment coming in later this week or early next week to one of the small importers, JJ Perodeau. He also has, is getting, or can get some of the other barrel lengths or variants (like the .38 Match) that Beretta hasn't said anything about importing.

Say whuuut? Help a brotha out, wouldja?

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Here's a 38 match listing he has:

https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101616063

Here's his website:

https://jjperodeau.com/

He has an email and phone number on the website. I've called several times and he's personally answered the phone or returned my call within a few minutes every time.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
…or maybe some of us are tired of people complaining about the cost. High end handguns aren’t for everyone. This was never intended to be bought by folks on a Ruger budget.

Bingo. Examples of others in this league:
- $5k custom 1911
- Sig P210
- Perazzi shotgun
- $5k bolt action rifle, built with a high-end action & barrel
- $3k rifle scope, to exploit the long-range capabilities of that $5k bolt action

On the other side of the coin, there are those who own a collection of 15+ Glocks, some Sigs, some S&W, some Rugers -- but one Manurhin is out of the question.
Or have 8 Ruger 10/22s, but a Kidd with a decent scope is too expensive.
Or have a dozen rack-grade AR15s, but one quality AR with a good barrel and a quality scope seems like a waste of money.
Or do mag dumps with FMJ 55 ammo just do get a couple of good hits on a target, but consider match-grade ammo too costly.

To each his own.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are some sweet looking wheel guns!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
the other thing to consider is where they're import-marked. BUSA is marking it down the barrel which is pretty unsightly. I might get one from the other importers if discrete.

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
the other thing to consider is where they're import-marked. BUSA is marking it down the barrel which is pretty unsightly. I might get one from the other importers if discrete.

The revolvers come from the factory with "MR73 Cal. .357 Magnum" engraved on the left side of the barrel. It looks like both Beretta and JJ Perodeau engrave the import mark on the right side of the barrel in a size/font that matches the factory engraving on the left side of the barrel.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I thought maybe I'd get a set of those Trausch grips for my .45 N Frame and call it good, but no ... there's a problem. Not so available.

So here is a .38 Special/ .22 RF conversion from the website for which maladat provided a link :

"#38083 Manurhin MR73 Match Convertible 38 Sp /22 LR cased with accessories and papers.

Made in 1987 , the first year of the combo offering. 38 barrel is 5 ¾” , 22 LR is 6”
Ergonomic wood grip plus Trausch rubber grip. All accessories, sights, counter weight, trigger shoe and tools .
Bluing is matte finish in 90% plus original condition. The gun bares the scares of a used match gun, like filling on the ergo grip, set screw marks on the trigger and barrel lug from shoe and counter weight. Bores and chambers are crisp and shinny.
Produced in limited numbers (500) on an already small production, offered also in 1988 with an additional 32 barrel and cylinder.
Rare find."

posted Hide Post
How are the barrels swapped out? I see the spanner wrench so I’m assuming a DW style change? That’s kinda cool. Do the cylinders swap out like Smiths?

Posts: 7343 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

The revolvers come from the factory with "MR73 Cal. .357 Magnum" engraved on the left side of the barrel. It looks like both Beretta and JJ Perodeau engrave the import mark on the right side of the barrel in a size/font that matches the factory engraving on the left side of the barrel.

I asked and JJ replied that he can mark on the barrel or discretely under the grips