SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Announces the Addition Of Manurhin Revolvers to Their Lineup Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
But, but, but... they can withstand a million rounds of .357 +p+ rounds and they split each other’s atoms they are so accurate. And the French special ops use them so there is that too!

I followed the other thread and still don’t get the appeal. Ugly, dated, outrageously priced. I would rather buy 2 new style old Colt Pythons. I still have a dated design that is pricy but it’s not ugly at least and I have one for each hand. Everybody likes whatever they like I guess.

Hey Beretta, how about who gives a shit about Manurhin revolvers and start making some 92 compacts again.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Ahhh, yes, its so gratifying to shit on other people's interests.

Don't forget to wipe.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And that's directed at who?

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I can easily see someone paying that much for a high quality and durable revolver. More and more it looks like we can’t get such a pistol domestically.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swiss_seth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Suggested price is over 3 grand, that's right $3,000 plus....

I think I'll keep my Colt Trooper and Smith model 19.

Somebody has to pay for the French workers 3 day working week, high pay and national health care

lol

I have heard great things about this manufacturer though

Posts: 1655 | Location: Steel City USA | Registered: October 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are fucking delusional if you think you can’t get a high quality and durable domestic made revolver. You can also get a high quality and durable domestic made revolver that has anywhere from 6-8 rounds, comes cut for moonclips, has actual aftermarket support that you can get, etc. Get real, this gun was the tits in 1977, now? Oh please.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
You guys are fucking delusional if you think you can’t get a high quality and durable domestic made revolver. You can also get a high quality and durable domestic made revolver that has anywhere from 6-8 rounds, comes cut for moonclips, has actual aftermarket support that you can get, etc. Get real, this gun was the tits in 1977, now? Oh please.

ABSOLUTELY 100% correct.

That said I totally get the WANT for something like this. There is a rare/odd factor at play along with some real history combined with by all accounts an extremely durable firearm to boot.

Would I go run out to buy this as a defensive weapon? HEELLLL NOOOOO! No more so then I would 3-4 thousand dollar 1911. Would I want one simply as a cool gun? Yeah, this would totally scratch that itch for me.

I have always said there is a difference between a defensive “arm” vs Kinetic art if you will. Can “kinetic art” function as a defensive arm? Absolutely in most cases. Should they be your primary purchasing factor for something like this? Absolutely not.

I have some fairly high end expensive firearms and any of them could be used as a “weapon”. That said for a defensive firearm give me a piece of tactical Tupperware from HK or Glock or Walther or or or any day.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I haven't the money for one of these, but they make me nostalgic and happy seeing something so defiantly anachronistic and solidly constructed.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Kind of like the Sig P210?

Besides a beautiful finish, incredible accuracy and a great SA trigger -- like other older and modern revolvers -- the MR73 has several notable features that, IMHO, set it apart despite its age:
- An unusual, if not unique, mechanism giving a remarkable, smooth, shorter, DA.
- If you get an extra 9mm cylinder, an again unique mechanism that does not require moon clips.
- Incredible strength and longevity yet in a package the size and weight of a K frame. Much lighter than an L or N frame, or GP 100, or Python.
- And the Trausch grips, though certainly not for EDC, are wonderfully designed and make for great recoil taming.

Whether it's worth $3200 is definitely an individual decision, and I won't be trading in my modern ppastics for EDC, but it definitely has features that set it apart despite its age.

Just my $.02.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That whole post is an example of making my point. You talk about how light the gun is compared to domestics then laud its fantastic target grips in a 6 inch barrel with extended sights blah blah blah. So do we want a lightweight target gun or do we prefer target guns to have some heft? Which is it? As for an extra 9mm cylinder, please show us a link to this convertible unicorn of yours. If 3 grand is the entry point for the baseline model how many euros will the convertible set you back? I imagine it is outrageous if you can even find one.

I understand unique and quality items. I just don’t enjoy the pretense involved in pretending like this gun fills a niche that is otherwise unoccupied ie, high quality durable revolvers. You can get those from American companies and actually get it the way you like not just the way the engineers thought was the bomb in the 70’s.

Expensive mental masturbation to pretend these are relevant in any normal sense. They aren’t the best tool for anything other than perhaps bullseye but I even think that is a stretch.

Cool gun. Let’s just not get crazy with the other stuff. Or do because after all, it’s a discussion board not an agreement board. lol

posted Hide Post
quote:
That whole post is an example of making my point. You talk about how light the gun is compared to domestics then laud its fantastic target grips in a 6 inch barrel with extended sights blah blah blah. So do we want a lightweight target gun or do we prefer target guns to have some heft? Which is it? As for an extra 9mm cylinder, please show us a link to this convertible unicorn of yours. If 3 grand is the entry point for the baseline model how many euros will the convertible set you back? I imagine it is outrageous if you can even find one.

I understand unique and quality items. I just don’t enjoy the pretense involved in pretending like this gun fills a niche that is otherwise unoccupied ie, high quality durable revolvers. You can get those from American companies and actually get it the way you like not just the way the engineers thought was the bomb in the 70’s.

Expensive mental masturbation to pretend these are relevant in any normal sense. They aren’t the best tool for anything other than perhaps bullseye but I even think that is a stretch.

Cool gun. Let’s just not get crazy with the other stuff. Or do because after all, it’s a discussion board not an agreement board. lol

Oh dear. Not meaning to argue at all. I get the whole point that it may not be worth it. And certainly get the point that it may not be practical these days.
But those few points I mentioned above I think are real, and why I think it can't be written off as just a fancy piece of finish for people with too much money to spend.
Here, I hope, is a link that explains the double action system, and the 9mm extraction system. I was very surprised to learn about them. They both seem to work, and I think they are different from the most makes. But I certainly may be wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQYjdRbWat0

P.S. Am away from the computer for a while, so if I don't respond DEFINITELY does not mean I am being grumpy and argumentative. No arguments from me. It's all just fun and me enjoying learning from the best braintrust on the gun boards.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
DEFINITELY does not mean I am being grumpy and argumentative

Just for the record, I myself am ALWAYS grumpy and argumentative. Smile.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Am away from the computer for a while, so if I don't respond DEFINITELY does not mean I am being grumpy and argumentative.
No, the one who is grumpy and argumentative is pedropcola, and he seems to make a habit of it these days, and he needs to cool it.

posted Hide Post
Ok.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Just take it a little bit easier is all I ask.

posted Hide Post
Sorry. I will. And I’ll stay off the mr73 threads just to be safe.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
As the owner of a surplus MR73 that's been refinished and wears Trausch grips, it's a terrific shooter and what's special about it over my Smiths is that the DA and SA pull are adjustable separately. Inside, it's very much like smith lockwork and parts are readily available even pre-BUSA imports.

I've toyed with ordering a new production one just to compare because I like the lines and deep bluing (mine's Metalifed).

They're going higher than MSRP and the Nightawk/Korth 357/9mm combo guns are UGLY and 50% more than MSRP on a new MR37 so you do have to want one.

Is it magic? No. Is it as nice as anything out there? Yep. Is it worth $3-4K? Nope. But it's made the old way and a modern Smith will do everything this will for 1/4 the price but just lacks the pedigree and soul and for sure is not as durable.

Posts: 3062 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry. I will. And I’ll stay off the mr73 threads just to be safe.
Well, probably I should stary out of them myself, since there is no way on God's green earth I'd ever pay 3000 bucks for one of thes handguns.

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I’m unlikely run a 357 that hard…. A 22 OTH…

My Randy Lee apex is so very cool, but I think he sold Apex. Not sure what the current stuff is like. My 625 has a Ti hammer and cylinder and I think they went away from that.

I want a nice blued revolver I can actually use.

My old Dan Wesson is absurdly accurate- and I really doubt any other revolver touches it, and the finish is incredible, and it’s 50 years old and seems like it should be babied, rather than used.

Posts: 5705 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
My Randy Lee apex is so very cool, but I think he sold Apex. Not sure what the current stuff is like.

I spoke with Randy maybe 6 months ago, also spoke with Scott Folk. They are in Peoria, have expanded a lot and are doing very well with their DIY trigger kits (I bought one for an M&P Shield).

I don't know if Randy is still doing custom work for S&W revolvers. We have two and they have fabulous triggers.

Posts: 18004 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post