SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    45. ACP - who carries it still? Or is it a 9mm world?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45. ACP - who carries it still? Or is it a 9mm world? Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I carry a 1911 every day. My fallback is a P220 SAO. .45 is my caliber.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
For the most part I reserve 45 for a winter time carry.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4398 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

A GOOD 1911 and some standard pressure JHP's and you're good to go...
To many folks are hung up on high capacity. I'll settle for a good reliable 1911 or P220, smile and be happy.

Wes

Posts: 2439 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geez, geezer-hood approaches...can't remember if I posted here and am too lazy to check all ten pgs. Too...I had back surgery (L-4/5), this AM and am not in tip top shape yet.

So too answer...Yep, I do still carry a .45, not often but ~20% of the time...in town and to the city. The piece below is by far my #1 choice for accuracy, weight on the belt and true (as opposed to mall-ninja) features plus a match bbl. and tuned trigger....Most will recognize it as a Sig RCS....melted exterior, night Novak type sights, checkered fore and aft, reachable trigger and good sensible controls. I carry it at 4:00 in my own or Bianchi's (Shown), Askins Avenger, for me, arguably the most useful of all OWB's ever on the market. Best regards, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 734 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post