SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield Prodigy (2011 clone)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Prodigy (2011 clone) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
It would appear that the 1911DS has 2011 architecture.

Won't be long until someone tries to fit an aluminum (or stainless) grip.

If $1499 also happens to include the RDS, light, belt and holster, whats not to like?

(if not, I still have my 2011 in 10mm.) Big Grin

That’s what they send out to influencers on YouTube, Instagram etc. Basically the gun to evaluate with a goodie package hoping for a favorable review.

I wish we all could be so fortunate.

Posts: 28 | Location: FL | Registered: February 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
Magazines are in fact compatible with Staccato mags. I've had hands on with one already.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Is it direct milled for their “Hex” optic? Or does it use plates to allow for different optics?

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
Is it direct milled for their “Hex” optic? Or does it use plates to allow for different optics?

I have an RMRcc laying around that would be perfect on a 1911 slide, but is otherwise unusable on any factory optic cut...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
"2011", "Double-Stack 1911-Style Pistol", it's like saying "table tennis" vs "ping-pong" anymore. The terms are interchangeable.

I would respectfully disagree. "2011" is a trademarked term that refers to a specific pattern of widebody 1911. Others, like the Para Ordinance pattern stuff, BUL Armory, etc. are similar in concept, but use different magazines and other parts. Different varieties of widebody 1911 are like AR-10s. They look similar, might share some parts, etc., but at the heart, they are different. Imprecise terms are not useful.

quote:

If $1499 also happens to include the RDS, light, belt and holster, whats not to like?

It doesn't. You're looking at a press pack.

quote:

What I am reading is that it is a native Hex cut. That cut is supposed to be the same as the Shield RMS. Depending on exactly what the cut is, it may fit the Holosun K optics (407K/507K/EPS/EPS Carry) and other optics that use this footprint. If not, mild modification will be required.

The screw pattern for the RMS cut is the same as the Deltapoint Pro, but the DPP footprint is larger so the odds are against that being compatible.

Some of the pictures show some variety of RMR (not sure if full-size or CC) mounted on a plate so the implication is that there will be plates, at least.

quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
Magazines are in fact compatible with Staccato mags. I've had hands on with one already.

Have you shot one to verify function with the mags? I'm not picking at your post, I'm legitimately curious. The mags are the toughest part of the 2011 platform and always have been. If somebody can both make them reliable and make them affordable, they'll really be on to something.

Triarc's TRI-11 mags (made by the same OEM as Staccato) are pretty decent and can be had around $40, but availability is usually the issue.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

bac1023 will be pleased.

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
"2011", "Double-Stack 1911-Style Pistol", it's like saying "table tennis" vs "ping-pong" anymore. The terms are interchangeable.

I would respectfully disagree. "2011" is a trademarked term that refers to a specific pattern of widebody 1911. Others, like the Para Ordinance pattern stuff, BUL Armory, etc. are similar in concept, but use different magazines and other parts. Different varieties of widebody 1911 are like AR-10s. They look similar, might share some parts, etc., but at the heart, they are different. Imprecise terms are not useful.

quote:

quote:

What I am reading is that it is a native Hex cut. That cut is supposed to be the same as the Shield RMS. Depending on exactly what the cut is, it may fit the Holosun K optics (407K/507K/EPS/EPS Carry) and other optics that use this footprint. If not, mild modification will be required.

The screw pattern for the RMS cut is the same as the Deltapoint Pro, but the DPP footprint is larger so the odds are against that being compatible.

Some of the pictures show some variety of RMR (not sure if full-size or CC) mounted on a plate so the implication is that there will be plates, at least.

quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:

Have you shot one to verify function with the mags? I'm not picking at your post, I'm legitimately curious. The mags are the toughest part of the 2011 platform and always have been. If somebody can both make them reliable and make them affordable, they'll really be on to something.

Triarc's TRI-11 mags (made by the same OEM as Staccato) are pretty decent and can be had around $40, but availability is usually the issue.

I did not get to shoot it. I did do all the normal function checks.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
pics lifted from elsewhere.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Looks sharp. Not all gussied-up. Crowned and recessed barrel. Recessed slide stop. Nice.

I could see acquiring one of these come fall or so, if the reviews and user reports are positive.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25987 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like it’s a 2011 using you guys definition. 3 parts looks like a check to me.

As for expensive mags it’s an ridiculous thing to say competitors don’t care about mag prices. More correctly, only idiotic competitors don’t care. If a 30 dollar mag is robust and reliable only a tard would want to pay more. It is like some people wouldn’t want the market to have to adjust downwards for a significantly cheaper alternative that works just as well. Sheesh. (probably the same guys were glad CZ screwed the DWX pooch lol)

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Looks sharp. Not all gussied-up. Crowned and recessed barrel. Recessed slide stop. Nice.

I could see acquiring one of these come fall or so, if the reviews and user reports are positive.

The widebody frame is conducive to the recessed slide stop lever.

Gun does look good, though. Springfield does pretty well with the aesthetics on their 1911s.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like media embargos are lifted. Lots of info out there on them today from reputable guys.

Hilton Yam reports that the iron sight model does indeed use Agency AOS. I think that's smart on Springfield's part. There are enough plate systems out there. License something and get immediate market support.

Also says that the grip module is proprietary but does work with STI pattern magazines. I hope the Duramag people are ready to bring it.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
A few people out there have actually stuck their Staccato mags in it but haven't fired it. I haven't found any videos yet. I'm going to take my Staccato mags and some dummy rounds to a store on Saturday and ask if I can cycle it through one.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

This should answer some other questions:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25987 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks very nice.

If this thing works like it looks they will sell a ton of these. Even I will get one and 2011's aren't really my thing.

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Cross compatible magazines"

I will look at what the dealer here has gotten in and see if he will let me try it with a STI magazine and a dummy round.

So many people are taking the bac attitude and trying to compare it with the more expensive Staccato.
They should be thinking of it as a high cap TRP, same price range with generally favorable reports.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
So many people are taking the bac attitude and trying to compare it with the more expensive Staccato.
Thing is: Staccato isn't the semi-custom gun it once was. Now it's production pistols with some hand-fitting. Mind you: They're good pistols. As I've mentioned: I own one. It is perhaps my finest pistol--matched only by my Sig P210A and Sig P229S. It's certainly my best-shooting pistol.

But Staccato is expensive. Some would argue more expensive than what it is deserves. E.g.: A Staccato XC, without an optic, has an MSRP of $4,300.00.

The Springfield Prodigy, with an optic, will cost a little more than one-third of that.

I suspect this pistol, if Springfield got it right, is going to put a serious dent in Staccatos market.

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Colion Noir likes it:

Posts: 11345 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to see if Hickok 45 does a review. I always love his reviews Smile

posted Hide Post
OK, I have handled and gymnasticated them.

Slide travel is smooth, sights clear, grip comfortable.
Trigger pull on the 5" was kind of "duty" the 4.25" was heavier.

A STI magazine fit and fed dummy 9mm.

Catalog weight of 33 oz, feels heavier.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post