SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I went to the toy store today. (AKA Police Supply house). A 30S followed me home. Glock #4, first 45 ACP.

Girlfriend says "you want it, you can afford it, buy it." I think they are both keepers!

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Nearly fell over to that other Dark Side after my initial dalliance with the VP9. But I'm much better now...

It's been a while since another Glock followed me home. Hell more revolvers (3) have come my way than Glocks (0) in the past year or so; that's something I never thought I'd ever see happen. The G43 isn't lighting any fires for me as of this moment, but maybe if our order of Glock 40s ever shows up, I'll finally get a 10mm and another long slide into the horde, all taken care of at the same time.

Still, I wouldn't mind another Gen4 G19 either...damn the clutches of Darth Gaston!

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have looked at and read this thread from time to time and thought, "Absolutely no effing way!"

Just sold my Sig P220 Compact to the LGS and he gave me a great price for it. He gave me cash, a brand new Glock 42, and ammo.

I never thought that this would happen to me.
1- Striker-- the trigger is a dream
2- Pinky tuck-- It does not matter. The grip is solid and immovable.
3- It is not a Sig -- Who gives a rats ass?

I know that my wife will want one.
It is entirely made in the US of A.
Its name?? Junior. Cool

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
I have looked at and read this thread from time to time and thought, "Absolutely no effing way!"

Just sold my Sig P220 Compact to the LGS and he gave me a great price for it. He gave me cash, a brand new Glock 42, and ammo.

Its name?? Junior. Cool

Hal, I have the G42 and just picked up the gen4 G17 this morning. That little G42 is so much fun to shoot, I'm having a hell of a time finding ammo for it though.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, you know the saying: Sooner or later, Glumph is gonna get ya. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, you know the saying: Sooner or later, Glumph is gonna get ya. Roll Eyes

I used to laugh up my sleeve at you because of this thread. Of course, I never did it while I was on the Forum. Big Grin

As the Beatles sang, " I shoulda known better"

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:
quote:

Its name?? Junior. Cool

Hal, I have the G42 and just picked up the gen4 G17 this morning. That little G42 is so much fun to shoot, I'm having a hell of a time finding ammo for it though.

SGAmmo,he has lots of it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I used to laugh up my sleeve at you because of this thread. Of course, I never did it while I was on the Forum. Big Grin
If you look at the first post in this thread, I don't see how anyone could take it seriously. It's one long-running joke. It's also a great way to identify and remove the humorless members from this forum.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
If you look at the first post in this thread, I don't see how anyone could take it seriously. It's one long-running joke. It's also a great way to identify and remove the humorless members from this forum.

Para, I may have been born at night, but not last night. Razz

Thanks for the reprieve. Smile

Hoarse Whisperer
posted Hide Post
I'm a high volume 3 gun shooter knower. I've avoided
Gluck's like the plaque, even though I'm fairly surrounded by them at matches. I've shot stamped slide P226's, and most recently a SA 5.25 tactical XDm.

Then a month ago I fell into a deal on a Glock 34 gen4 with a ZEV mag well. Glocks have always pointed high for me, requiring a conscious effort to align sights. Well, the ZEV changed that. When I grip the pistol, the sights are magically aligned! Well. So I completely took the Glock apart and just studied the internals. Really an amazing piece of mechanical genius. Gaston was talented. I Flitz polished with a Qtip the relevant spots, and added a drop of SLIP 2000.

So, I have a TAC holster on order, and will try it out. I need to put a Dawson fiber optic front sight on it, too.

I carry all day every day, and I know I'll never carry a cocked striker fired gun, much prefering my old SIG 228, but for a competition gun, yep.

A nation trying to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to pull himself up by the handles. Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 3479 | Location: Western Rockies | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smokingun45:

I carry all day every day, and I know I'll never carry a cocked striker fired gun, much prefering my old SIG 228, but for a competition gun, yep.

Striker firing systems have been around since the earliest days of semi-auto pistols. Luger P-08 was a late-comer to the party, preceded by several from Colt/Browning, the Walther Model 1 and no doubt more I didn't bother to look up. The Borchardt of 1893 may have been striker-fired, but as it looks like a Steam Punker's nightmare, it's hard to tell.

History's on our side!

So long as the Safety is properly engaged, it's good to go. Plus, you don't have the DA to SA transition between shots. What's not to like?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9159 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Striker firing systems have been around since the earliest days of semi-auto pistols. Luger P-08 was a late-comer to the party, preceded by several from Colt/Browning, the Walther Model 1 and no doubt more I didn't bother to look up. The Borchardt of 1893 may have been striker-fired, but as it looks like a Steam Punker's nightmare, it's hard to tell.

The Borchardt C-93 (designed ca. 1893) was indeed striker-fired. Other notable pre-1900 striker-fired handguns are the FN Browning M1899/M1900 (designed ca. 1896), and the previously mentioned Luger (designed ca. 1898).

More early 1900s/pre-WW1 striker-fired guns followed over the next decade or so, like the Walther Modell 1910/Model 1, FN M1906/Colt M1908 "Vest Pocket", FN M1910, Manufrance "Le Français", Dreyse M1907, Mauser M1910 "Pocket Pistol", Savage M1907, and Sauer M1913.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smokingun45:
I'm a high volume 3 gun shooter knower. I've avoided
Gluck's like the plaque, even though I'm fairly surrounded by them at matches. I've shot stamped slide P226's, and most recently a SA 5.25 tactical XDm.

Then a month ago I fell into a deal on a Glock 34 gen4 with a ZEV mag well. Glocks have always pointed high for me, requiring a conscious effort to align sights. Well, the ZEV changed that. When I grip the pistol, the sights are magically aligned! Well. So I completely took the Glock apart and just studied the internals. Really an amazing piece of mechanical genius. Gaston was talented. I Flitz polished with a Qtip the relevant spots, and added a drop of SLIP 2000.

So, I have a TAC holster on order, and will try it out. I need to put a Dawson fiber optic front sight on it, too.

If you studied the internals and understand how they work, you would realize its impossible for the Glock to fire unless the trigger is pulled.

The safety plunger locks the firing pin, preventing it to fire unless the trigger is pulled.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you studied the internals and understand how they work, you would realize its impossible for the Glock to fire unless the trigger is pulled.

The safety plunger locks the firing pin, preventing it to fire unless the trigger is pulled.

My Glock will "fire" without pulling the trigger, but to be completely fair, so will my H&K!

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoarse Whisperer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

I have no trouble with a DA/SA transition and prefer to carry an uncocked gun.

A nation trying to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to pull himself up by the handles. Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 3479 | Location: Western Rockies | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Well I have to say my new Glock 23 gen 4 with their nickel boron finish on the slide and barrel is now my favorite. I have carried a gen 3 fde which has been worked on by my gunsmith. After shooting the gen 4 it seems to work better for me and its point of aim and impact have improved. I am down to three glocks Love my 239 and 229 but dammit I simply shoot the glocks better. Only one more to get a gen 4 19. Then Iam for now

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alnamvet68
posted Hide Post
Counting the minutes awaiting the arrival of my Summer Glock, the G43. Smile

I Don't Abide by Professional Throne Sniffers, Toilet Slaves, or Obsequious Servile Sycophants

Posts: 705 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
It's getting to 50 degrees here today and got there yesterday. Sounds like Summer for me.
I pocket carried my new G42. It made me feel very brave. Smile

posted Hide Post
Saw the Guncrafter Industry .50GI on a Glock, had to have one.
Got it, love it! I'd post pics but I can't figure out how.

Posts: 152 | Location: Waukesha Co, WI. & St. Paul MN | Registered: March 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harkrader:
Saw the Guncrafter Industry .50GI on a Glock, had to have one.
Got it, love it! I'd post pics but I can't figure out how.

Using a camera is a good starting point Big Grin

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post