SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Not that I needed another Glock, but I picked up a 43 and it is a fine shooting little pistol. Put 100 rds of mixed ammo through it and it didn't skip a beat, accurate, comfortable to shoot. Looks like my Kahr just got replaced.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobalt402:
Not that I needed another Glock, but I picked up a 43 and it is a fine shooting little pistol. Put 100 rds of mixed ammo through it and it didn't skip a beat, accurate, comfortable to shoot. Looks like my Kahr just got replaced.

Nice to hear. I pre-ordered my G43 1 month ago and it has not come in yet. It should soon as some who ordered close to when I did have recently picked theirs up.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8746 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobalt402:

Pics please.....

Posts: 4410 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
After jumping on the P320 bandwagon, I found a G43
I couldn't resist..

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
After jumping on the P320 bandwagon, I found a G43
I couldn't resist..

So, where are the pics and report?! Better yet bring it down to my place!

Smile

Posts: 2913 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No 320s for me. I bought another Glock 17.....

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:

Do you have any 19s?? if so, what do you think??
Thanks

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:

Do you have any 19s?? if so, what do you think??
Thanks

Regrettably, the finger grooves on gen 3s glock 19s are too tight for my paws, so glock 17s remain my go to 9mm.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a used g34 last week and going to pick up a g30 tomorrow. Been carrying the g34 every day since I got it and it conceals surprisingly well under a tshirt in my galco king tuk.

Posts: 2762 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Well I'm about to join the club. Found a good deal on Glock 20 Gen 4. Let the 10mm ammo shopping begin.

Posts: 1318 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My boss offered me a awfully sweet price on a basic black Gen4 G19; of course it's classic timing that we finally get them in quantity right when EVERYONE and their mother is now fixating on the G43. Normally I would've jumped on it (it would be G19 #4) but alas I really want one of those darned Sphinx SDP compacts and money's a bit tight right now to be spending on dupes. Frown

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a good week!

Posts: 2762 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MO-Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
It's been a good week!

ooh an OD 30, you don't see those very often. Very nice, to me the 30 is to .45 acp what the 19 is to 9 mm. Hard to improve on either one.

This is what happens when you stop letting kids play dodgeball in school.

Posts: 475 | Location: Fly Over Country | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Well I'm about to join the club. Found a good deal on Glock 20 Gen 4. Let the 10mm ammo shopping begin.

That's what made me buy a Glock. Smile
Of course, my new P220 10mm has a prominent place in my safe now. Big Grin

Posts: 409 | Registered: November 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I am really looking forward to trying out a Gen 4 Glock 19, but they have been sold out here for quite some time. Most of the local shops have no stock, so I'll have to wait a bit to get my hands on one to check it out.

Does anyone use the Grip-Force adapter? Does it really help those of us the tend to use a higher grip, like on a 1911? Does it alter the grip angle significantly? I realize that practice will eventually help me to alter my "pointing high" dilema, but any little extra help in achieving the appropriate grip and sight alignment is a good thing.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2515 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:
I am really looking forward to trying out a Gen 4 Glock 19, but they have been sold out here for quite some time. Most of the local shops have no stock, so I'll have to wait a bit to get my hands on one to check it out.

Does anyone use the Grip-Force adapter? Does it really help those of us the tend to use a higher grip, like on a 1911? Does it alter the grip angle significantly? I realize that practice will eventually help me to alter my "pointing high" dilema, but any little extra help in achieving the appropriate grip and sight alignment is a good thing.

I use the GripForce Adapter on my Gen 4 G19 and G34. With it, the natural point has the top of the front sight level with the top of the rear sight. Just like on my Sigs and 1911's. Without it, the front sight tends to be slightly higher.

If all you shot is Glocks, the slight wrist adjustment is not a big deal. However, for a defensive pistol, I don't want to have one of my three platforms different from the others. Adjusting my wrist while crapping my pants is not a happy combination.

Definitely handle a G19 before buying. My first Glock was a Gen4 G34...grip fit me perfectly. When I bought the G19, I thought it was just a smaller G34/G17. Wrong. The grip fit on the G19 is different from the larger guns. Slightly different back strap shape and different spacing on finger grooves. I had to slightly modify the height and shape of the top two grooves to fit my hand/grip. Not a big deal. Some hate the ribbed trigger face. All I did was soften the edges with a felt Dremel bob. Easy. You can also replace it with a smooth face trigger.

BTW, you may also want to consider a P320C 9mm. I have had mine for about three months. It is a completely natural shooter for me. No adjustments of any type required on my part...just effortless hits. Both the G19 and P320C are very good SD pistols and are roughly the same size.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
quote:

I use the GripForce Adapter on my Gen 4 G19 and G34. With it, the natural point has the top of the front sight level with the top of the rear sight. Just like on my Sigs and 1911's. Without it, the front sight tends to be slightly higher.

If all you shot is Glocks, the slight wrist adjustment is not a big deal. However, for a defensive pistol, I don't want to have one of my three platforms different from the others. Adjusting my wrist while crapping my pants is not a happy combination.

Definitely handle a G19 before buying. My first Glock was a Gen4 G34...grip fit me perfectly. When I bought the G19, I thought it was just a smaller G34/G17. Wrong. The grip fit on the G19 is different from the larger guns. Slightly different back strap shape and different spacing on finger grooves. I had to slightly modify the height and shape of the top two grooves to fit my hand/grip. Not a big deal. Some hate the ribbed trigger face. All I did was soften the edges with a felt Dremel bob. Easy. You can also replace it with a smooth face trigger.

BTW, you may also want to consider a P320C 9mm. I have had mine for about three months. It is a completely natural shooter for me. No adjustments of any type required on my part...just effortless hits. Both the G19 and P320C are very good SD pistols and are roughly the same size.

I haven't shot too many Glocks, other than comparing the G21 and Springfield XD 45, and I went with the XD due to the feel in my hand and the natural presentation and sight alignment. I did shoot the G26 vs Kahr CM9 as well, but went Kahr for the same reasons. I do like the Glock, it is a fine gun and I really like the simplicity of it all, which is why I am constantly being drawn back to it.

I am trimming my collection of firearms to only those that I can carry, with the exception of two pistols (heirlooms) and everything else will be sold off (eventually).

The P320c would be have already been purchased had I been able to carry it. It is everything I'd like in a platform. Unfortunately CPD does not like the modularity of the platform. I guess it a liability concern, although I believe to be a stupid one. There is the M&P platform as well. I am not completely sold on the M&P platform though, as I am not a fan of the hinged trigger. I did shoot it well though. It pointed naturally and the lower bore axis does seem to control recoil fairly well. Since I can't modify the pistol any way, I am a bit nervous about some of the trigger horror stories concerning he M&P line. In fact, I called S&W to see if they will ever offer a trigger that is not hinged, and they directed me to contact Apex for their aftermarket one.

So this brings me back to Glock. Lightweight, milder recoil, simple design, and replacement parts are readily available, unlike the XD line. I'm not getting rid of my XD, but looking for a backup duty/off duty carry pistol in 9mm that will fit my needs. The two pistols I keep coming back to are the Glock 19 and S&W M&P9c. I can get either one for the exact same price with NS ($455), so I want to make sure I choose wisely.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2515 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
......So this brings me back to Glock. Lightweight, milder recoil, simple design, and replacement parts are readily available, unlike the XD line. I'm not getting rid of my XD, but looking for a backup duty/off duty carry pistol in 9mm that will fit my needs. The two pistols I keep coming back to are the Glock 19 and S&W M&P9c. I can get either one for the exact same price with NS ($455), so I want to make sure I choose wisely.

Too bad about CPD's position on the P320 line. Hopefully, they allow use of the GFA. If there is no grip fit issue, the G19 will serve you well. Since you are not allowed mods to your gun, I'd advise the Gen4 G19 over the Gen3. Comes with four backstraps: M and L, beavertail M and L. In addition, the GripForce adapter can be used on the gun with no backstrap adapter or with the M.

As I mentioned, the fit of the finger grooves may or may not suit you. Try one first. Some others may be able to provide insight into use of grip sleeves, if necessary.

I carry Federal 115gr +P+ (9BPLE)in my G19. Recoil is very manageable, especially since I am used to .40 in most of my guns. I'm not anti M&P. Just have no experience with them.

Good luck.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or, maybe you won't:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion...-20150508-story.html

"Politics is to Philosophy as Engineering is to Science."

Posts: 183 | Location: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm contemplating buying a G19 or G23.

Posts: 115 | Location: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: October 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post