SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Your favorite .357 Revolver?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite .357 Revolver? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I should add that I liked the issued S&W Model l9 with the 2 1/2 inch barrel. Unfortunately, the USSS doesn't allow it's agents to purchase their carry weapons upon retirement. I have added some
S&W's to my collection, as well as several SIGs.

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the GP100 or my Ruger 4" barrel Sp101. I was able to get a good deal on it at a local dealer last year. For only missing 1 round, it is perfect for many things and small enough to conceal if need be.

Posts: 6893 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael J. Shannon:
Way back in 1957, while I was a junior at Michigan State University majoring in police administration,
I bought a Colt 357 from a campus police officer who needed some quick cash for his divorce lawyer.
Years later, near Painesville, Ohio, as an agent of the U.S. Secret Service, my agent in charge had authorized me to carry my 4 in bbl Colt 357. Another agent and I ended up in a shootout with a
counterfeiter during a half mile footchase through
the snow on December 23, 1964. A Super X .357 mag semi-wadcutter to his left shoulder ended the chase. I will never let this revolver go!

I like the Model 357 revolver. I have a 1959 dated one. The action is very Python like, more so than any of the other DA Colts that I have. Great revolvers. The top one in this photo is the 357. I need to get some better photos of it.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2775 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Model 19 for sure!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39769 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
I love my Smith and Wesson 686!

““My mother always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.” —Betty White

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I have two equally favorite 357...

S&W M&P R8, Scandium with sleeved barrel. Very light for an N frame but subjectively seems to recoil less than all steel k frame with 158 grain mag loads. Have small hands so put on VZ grip G10 round butt panels which really helps me reach the trigger. Gotta love 8 rounds. Has a rail so I can use my Mantis dry fire unit to practice and measure improvement.

My fave carry revolver is a Chiappa Rhino 2" 357, but much prefer the 9mm cylinder w/moon clips. Low felt recoil, nice DA trigger around 7 lbs, SA not bad either. Can be fired single action but hammer is almost spurless. Decent sights. 9mm performance out out of short barrel is kinda between 38+p and 357 in performance, but with a lot less noise and recoil than 357. With the squared off cylinder its pretty compact too.The 9mm in moon clips much more compact than 357 in speed loaders. Certainly looks a bit unusual.

Posts: 34 | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 6" N frame 27-2. Paid 250 for it around 1985.
The only item I ever bought from the Classified section
were a beautiful Hogue grip for it.

Posts: 959 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not my favorite to shoot...S&W Model 60 J frame but I like it!

P220 ELITE SAO 10MM + P220 SAS GEN 2 45 ACP
P226 MK-25 9MM [2]
P227 45 ACP
M11-A1 9MM [2]
P229 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P229 SAS GEN 2 357 + P229 CARRY SAS 357 + P229 ELITE 40 S&W
P239 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P239 SAS GEN 2 357
P290 9MM
1911 TACOPS 45ACP

Posts: 82 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: October 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3.5 inch S&W Model 27.

Left the blazing dumpster fire of of taxes, corruption and tyranny that is Illinois, for freedom in Florida.

Posts: 13 | Location: Southwest Florida | Registered: February 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For shooting, I have a few.

S&W 681 made for NYSP

S&W CS1 made for US Customs Service

S&W pre-M27s or "357 Magnum"

and I do enjoy taking out my original S&W Registered Magnum on occasion

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I enjoy shooting my 3 screw Ruger Blackhawk.

Posts: 4633 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clang:

S&W CS1 made for US Customs Service

That right there is awesome!

Posts: 8607 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

That right there is awesome!

Thanks - it was a lucky find years ago at a gun show in a batch of 686 police trade-ins.

The L-frame Smiths are just made for .357 Magnum. I love my old N frames, but the L frame guns are really great shooters.

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
A true work of art!

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1st choice: 5" GP100, stainless
2nd choice: 3" GP100, stainless

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TN Mark,

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
So, Black92LX...we're 5 pages in. What are you buying?

Posts: 8607 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4” GP100 , SS.

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Tossup between a S&W 66-1 and a Colt Trooper Mk III

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8114 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A 3" model 66. It is, I think, perfect.

I've had a 686, and for a 4" or 6" gun, it might be my favorite for a range gun or for open carry, if I openly carried a gun. It holds up a little better to .357, and isn't too much bigger than a K frame.

And I do have a .357 N frame. It shoots like a dream, and is from the time that they came from Springfield as works of art, but a N frame is more gun than is needed for .357.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I do have a .357 N frame. It shoots like a dream, and is from the time that they came from Springfield as works of art, but a N frame is more gun than is needed for .357.

Not if it is made of Titanium and Scandium. Big Grin

Posts: 6627 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post