SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Your favorite .357 Revolver?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite .357 Revolver? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had a 3 inch S&W 65, that I loved. I (very stupidly) sold or traded it years ago. It was one of my favorites.

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post

With me ver 40 years, and smooth as silk.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
S&W 4" 681

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
S&W Highway Patrolman.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only .357. S&W Performance Center "F" Comp(worked over M66)

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson model 15 with a 6" ventilated barrel. Balanced well for target shooting and was capable of accuracy much past my meager efforts. Had a large wooden grip that fit me very well.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
S&W model 19 with 4" barrel.. but I despise 125gr 357 rounds .... 158gr is much easier on me.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4" S&W M28 Highway Patrolman with factory target stocks.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
While I love my N-frames, I prefer them with holes bigger than .357. Here is my favorite: A Model 65-5 three-inch, worked over by Mike LaRocca of MA...

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1450 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JD DRIVER:
My favorite to shoot is a 686 hands down.

this,

686 (cannot remember the dash) with Silhouette sights, full lug,

my other is a 66-something, 3" RB,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
4 or 6 inch GP100

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to the security six. For personal carry, my favorite is the Ruger SP-101, and for a .357 revolver in general, the GP-100.

For a .357, it's the G32...in .357 Sig.

I hate cleaning revolvers.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I'm partial to the security six.

That's the only .357 Mag revolver I have, so I'm partial to mine, too Smile 4 in. barrel.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Smith 627-2, 5" full lug barrel, 6 shot cylinder. Bought it on a whim turns out it's one of 12, "Parts Guns" made by Smith. So much mass that recoil is negligible with full magnum loads.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Brother in law's GP100 is a sweet shooter.
My dad had a Colt 357 when I was a kid (not a Python), don't remember if I shot it with 357 in it or 38, but even around 12 yrs old it was a relatively soft shooter (guessing 38spl).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Custom Ruger GPNY. This one is .357 because it was an employee's gun and he installed a .357 cylinder. Also polished a lot of the parts to bright stainless and did an incredible trigger job.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
From my teen's to early thirties I went to a ranch owned by a friends dad who had a 1970's era 6 inch barrel Colt Python.

I've fired Ruger GP100, many S&W guns, but honestly this Python was better than anything amazing accuracy, awesome trigger, looked immaculate.

Unfortunately time made me lose touch with that family, they were really good people.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 4” 686 no dash or a 28 that was my dad’s

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6" original King Cobra is my shooting pistol

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
My 5” 686 Talo is by far my favorite.357, shown here with a little Blanton’s

random coin toss

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post