SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why are Glock people able to control the narrative?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are Glock people able to control the narrative? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I like how the OP was referring to the "Narative".

Glock builds highly reliable, extremely durable, easy to shoot and maintain pistols for an affordable price. Ohhhh the conspiracy!

Love them or not, any gun person should have some respect for the platform and what it has achieved in the marketplace.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will own a Glock....but not yet!

I bought a GLock. Shot it and then bought a P365.

Tried to sell the Glock to a friend but she said thanks, but no thanks after shooting it. So, I still have a Glock.

It's alright, but I like Sigs better.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy peasy-buy what you like. If you like Glock, buy them. If you don't, don't. Why elevate the blood pressure?

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I for one enjoy a spirited discussion about the pros and cons of various platforms. This thread was just taken to an uncomfortable extreme very rapidly. If he had discussed his points I would have been interested to hear about the Dagger. I hadn’t heard about it before. But it’s easy to wander into “I’m a dick” territory. I’ve certainly done it, usually I quit while I’m behind though. Lol

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4989 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
This thread exists because of what I posted in response to his remarks in the Glock thread. That's why you see the harsh response from me on page one of this thread. It was apparent what his "narrative" question was about, so, I stepped on him to see if he would squeal. This has a tendency to speed up the inevitable.

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
This thread exists because of what I posted in response to his remarks in the Glock thread. That's why you see the harsh response from me on page one of this thread. It was apparent what his "narrative" question was about, so, I stepped on him to see if he would squeal. This has a tendency to speed up the inevitable.

I trust your judgment. I know you know what you are doing and have well-honed methods for dealing with this sort of stuff.

I started watching the original Glock thread but drifted away over time. I was not watching it when it apparently took a turn into bizarro world.

The way this thread started though I figured I missed some previous posts and interactions with the guy.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjc:
I reported" EXACTLY AS I SAID THIS WAS US MANUFACTURING PERIOD. you also need reading comprehension
lessions

Let me quote you from your OP, with my emphasis in bold.

"...and sells no where the amount of guns they lead us to believe they did."

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
So the higher quality with better parts than a Glock, Dagger pistol broke during a review. I guess OP did not see that. Video details the problem and PSA response. I will spend the extra money for the real deal.

Posts: 9750 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this guy thinks that Sig used to literally send their guns to hell for testing.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Perhaps,

But they could only sell the ones that came back reliable. Wink

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
These types kill me. Big Grin

I’m a Sig pistol fanboy. From the instant I held a P229 I knew I had to have one. I bought one a few weeks later. I also bought a P6. Love it. I live out in BFE and bears occasionally wander out of the hills and down into the valley. In addition, for several years I did mowing/landscaping as a side gig and it took me into some less than savory areas to work. I needed a gun to carry while getting filthy dirty sweaty. Was I going to carry my Sigs? No. I needed something that could literally get covered in dirt and sweat, suffer neglect and still function flawlessly. I don’t like Glocks. The grip angle is wrong for me and they’re ugly. But...they check all the requirements. I got a G26 and it’s been flawless. It stays dirty and is scarred up but it has never failed. I’m still not crazy about Glocks and yet I bought a G19 as well. Real world results trump emotional bullshit. Every. Day.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Real world results trump emotional bullshit.
Class?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, nobody got my joke

Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
As the owner of a firearm accessory that is brand/model specific, Glock is one of the top models we sell every single day.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion here -

Every serious gun person should be competent with a standard (Colt) 1911, a factory Glock and a DA/SA Sig. It just makes sense to be prepared.

Anything else is a matter of preference. And this rumnt is stupid.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Conserve Liberty:
Anything else is a matter of preference. And this rumnt is stupid.
You mean "rumint"? Yeah, there was a swell-headed guy here who got banned over that silly term- not directly, mind you, but, well, click here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...35/m/3860020484/p/47

Happened the last week of August, last year. There are certain terms I find silly. This is one of them.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OK, nobody got my joke

I got it; just biden my time to reply. Smile

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol. Nice one.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post