SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why are Glock people able to control the narrative?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are Glock people able to control the narrative? Login/Join 
posted
So I admit I've owned Glocks through the years. I've listened to all the bologna about how Glocks were perfection and Glock sold millions more than any gun. So it interested me when I saw the Governments published data that lists every SINGLE gun produced in the USA by every manufacture in the USA.
Sig manufactured 697.000 guns plus the guns it exported in 2019. Glock manufactured 279,000 plus 44,000 it exported in 2019. Smith&W produced hundreds of thousands more guns than Glock and Ruger the largest gun Mfg. in the world sold tons more guns.
Now we have PSA producing a Glock 19 clone for $299 that has a better build and has higher quality parts than Glock guns in every measurable way. And there are other clones that are superior to Glocks. that are more costly but offer highly custom parts in them.

So what can Glock truly talk about going forward, Glock is over priced, of lesser quality and sells no where the amount of guns they lead us to believe they did.

Lastly their big selling point of it's, perfection, it's really just sales gimmick, Glocks has had more problems with it's guns than any other major Manufacture, I see Glock losing ground going forward tech, quality and price is passing them up.

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
So more of your horse shit?

Posts: 18047 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:

Really.... PROVE ME WRONG HUH

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Do you understand Glock USA and Glock Austria?

Posts: 18047 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjc:
I've listened to all the bologna about how Glocks were perfection and Glock sold millions more than any gun.

So it interested me when I saw the Governments published data that lists every SINGLE gun produced in the USA by every manufacture in the USA.
Sig manufactured 697.000 guns plus the guns it exported in 2019. Glock manufactured 279,000 plus 44,000 it exported in 2019. Smith&W produced hundreds of thousands more guns than Glock and Ruger the largest gun Mfg. in the world sold tons more guns.

Glock is over priced, of lesser quality and sells no where the amount of guns they lead us to believe they did.

You're conflating US manufacturing numbers with US sales numbers.

Basically all Sigs sold in the US today are made in the US, after Germany cut off Sig exports several years ago and Sig firearm production was relocated here.

Whereas only some US-sold Glocks are made in the US, primarily consisting of the smaller Glocks like the G42/G43 and the .22LR G44, since those models wouldn't score enough import points to be legally importable. Many other Glocks are still made in Austria and imported into the US to be sold on the US market. For example, the most recent import numbers I could find were 1.2 million Glocks being imported into the US market each year.

So Glock's 279,000 + 1,200,000 = 1,479,000, or over twice as many as Sig's 697,000.

Also, make sure you're looking at handgun production numbers only. A number reflecting - as you stated - "every single gun produced" by Sig would also include their rifles, PCCs, LMGs, etc. Their handgun numbers would only represent a fraction of their overall guns total.

Whereas all Glock does is handguns, so that's a straight ~1.5 million handguns alone each year.

Posts: 32549 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I control the narrative here because it's my fucking forum.

Any other questions?
quote:
Lastly their big selling point of it's, perfection, it's really just sales gimmick
No shit. Who doesn't know this? The only people who mention this part of Glock's marketing are those who have a problem with Glock.

Perfection is an abstraction, an unattainable ideal. Who doesn't know this?

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not all that hard.

You are looking at United States numbers only. Which is a minute fraction of Glocks total production.

But, even that number isn’t as large as the trolling going on here.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I’ve bought a bunch of PSA stuff over the years and I can say, on record, it’s decent quality certainly not great quality. Some of their stuff is better than others. I wonder what makes you think their Dagger slide that is built to Glock specs to accept Glock parts is quantitatively better? What is better? You like their grip frame better but hell you can find millions of words of angst about the Glock grip angle so that’s not much to hang your hat on.

What I find comical is that your gun of choice is a direct copy of the gun you hate. What? You hate Glock so much that you bought a copy of one. Ask PSA they aren’t shy, it’s a Glock copy.

I have no issues with PSA and their Dagger. I would love to read a range report from you. I can tell you I hate that hinged trigger. Every M&P I owned with one got swapped out for Apex. Hate them. Other than that it’s a complete clone. Which parts perform better?

And those guys are right, your numbers are all off.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, good lord. I got up too early this morning for this shit.

Posts: 5166 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Maybe it is perfection.

Here's an article about a G17 with over 250,000 rounds through it and 6 months in the ocean. Don't see that every day.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Still not sure why you or anyone else cares how many guns Glock or anyone else sells.

I've bought a LOT of guns in my life. (that's nowhere near an adequate description) And in all of them, I never had to buy one because some else did.

Maybe you feel most people are stupid for buying Glocks. That's fine, I think most people are stupid for lots of reasons. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 21121 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Well I’ve bought a bunch of PSA stuff over the years and I can say, on record, it’s decent quality certainly not great quality. Some of their stuff is better than others. I wonder what makes you think their Dagger slide that is built to Glock specs to accept Glock parts is quantitatively better? What is better? You like their grip frame better but hell you can find millions of words of angst about the Glock grip angle so that’s not much to hang your hat on.

What I find comical is that your gun of choice is a direct copy of the gun you hate. What? You hate Glock so much that you bought a copy of one. Ask PSA they aren’t shy, it’s a Glock copy.

I have no issues with PSA and their Dagger. I would love to read a range report from you. I can tell you I hate that hinged trigger. Every M&P I owned with one got swapped out for Apex. Hate them. Other than that it’s a complete clone. Which parts perform better?

And those guys are right, your numbers are all off.

As I said the Glock guns THAT ARE MANUFACTURED IN THE USA ARE THE NUMBERS THAT I HAVE REPORTED PERIOD.

First the slide is stainless steel far superior to the junk steel found in Glock slides.

What I find comical about your post is The PSA AS I SAID IS A... CLONE... MADE OF BETTER MATERIALS AT 1/2 THE PRICE AND TWICE THE GUN. your reading comprehension needs some work.

There have been "far more Glock triggers replaced" that Smith triggers FAR MORE!

My number are EXACTLY RIGHT but as you know from 30 years experience GLOCK GUYS LIE ALL THE TIME... THAT'S A FACT.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
quote:

Not all that hard.

You are looking at United States numbers only. Which is a minute fraction of Glocks total production.

But, even that number isn’t as large as the trolling going on here.

I reported" EXACTLY AS I SAID THIS WAS US MANUFACTURING PERIOD. you also need reading comprehension
lessions

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Maybe it is perfection.

Here's an article about a G17 with over 250,000 rounds through it and 6 months in the ocean. Don't see that every day.

YA YA YA. THERE IS NO PERFECTION IN GLOCK. And I haven't believed what Glock groupies say for decades. AND YOU CAN KEEP ALL THE ARTICLES THAT SAY SO.

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Reading comprehension lessions".....how did you do in grade school spelling ?

Posts: 936 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I control the narrative here because it's my fucking forum.

Any other questions?
quote:
Lastly their big selling point of it's, perfection, it's really just sales gimmick
No shit. Who doesn't know this? The only people who mention this part of Glock's marketing are those who have a problem with Glock.

Perfection is an abstraction, an unattainable ideal. Who doesn't know this?

Whether it's your forum means little to me...All I did was make a TRUE valid point

It's obvious that plenty HERE "don't know this" they keep saying something I DIDN'T SAY. I simply said Manufacturing in the USA PERIOD....What doesn't everyone understand about this.

Of course I'm dealing with a bunch of Glock groupies known for their rabid support for a gun that isn't anything like they say it is, I've owned them and sold them. I've had some real junk Glocks especially the gen 1, 2, and 4's when they came out, tens of thousands were havings all kinds of problems and Glock never acknowledged it and blamed it on the customer, that's Glock for you. Sig didn't do that Ruger didn't do that S&W didn't do that GLOCK DID IT FOR MONTHS and the Glocksters on the forums did the same... blamed the owners for Glocks defects.

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Maybe Glock owners are like CrossFit trainers and Vegans. They are so excited about what they have/do, they have to tell the world on how awesome there thing is….

But then again, who the fuck cares. If you don’t like Glocks, don’t buy one, shoot one, look at one, date one etc.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Goodbye jjc.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post