SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sigwolf: I've been watching everywhere and waiting for release of these-even contacted Lipseys. In any event,I live in VT also and was wondering where you bought yours-many thanks.

COTEP #289[/QUOTE]

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 13, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see a plain old Stainless Nitron in 10mm. I wonder if we can expect any additional models in the future?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220CDAK,

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dunflyin2012:
Sigwolf: I've been watching everywhere and waiting for release of these-even contacted Lipseys. In any event,I live in VT also and was wondering where you bought yours-many thanks.

COTEP #289
[/QUOTE]

dunflyin, email inbound. I picked mine up last Tuesday and it was there then. I haven't checked since then.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't go through all 56 pages to find answer so apologies if it's been covered (which I'm sure it has).

Will these be available in CA? Smile

Posts: 104 | Registered: April 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoser:
Can't go through all 56 pages to find answer so apologies if it's been covered (which I'm sure it has).

Check your DOJ roster.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I have checked, and someone else mentioned this in an email to me asking if I was having the same experience, reinserting the magazine is difficult. The mag catches on the mag release. I have to press the mag release to reinsert the magazine.

Not wanting to risk damaging the gun, I didn't try to force it in by taping or "slamming" it with my hand. I'd be interested in whether others have this experience and what they recommend.

It's the same whether the magazine is full or empty. It occurs when top of the mag contacts mag release. Once the top of the mag is past the catch, it's fine. Perhaps the spring for the mag catch is very strong or the mag catch could stand some shaping. I don't know.

I'd also like to hear from Bruce Gray is possible, what he thinks. I have only had this issue with one other gun I've owned and that is a Dan Wesson, pre-CZ Patriot 5" 1911.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buttercup:
I received my p220 yesterday and got to the range today. It is the two toned which already has plenty of pictures up in this thread so I haven't taken any yet. I took it to the range this morning and shot 100 rounds of armscor 180 grn through it and I can tell you it is EVERYTHING that I hoped and dreamed it would be. It is accurate and soft shooting and my first semi auto 10mm. It is set for a definite 6 o'clock hold which I will have to continue to adjust to as my preference is point of aim. Of course there was no malfunctions of any kind and this baby is built like a tank! The grips are phenomenal and even with my small hands I was easily all the way around it with complete control. I am in love and can't wait for the 4" version. I didn't have any other ammo to take and try out so you will have to wait for the other reports and track the various ammos and their performance. I would spend the money again tomorrow in a heartbeat. Sig definitely hit a home run with this baby and now I can't wait for the next one!

How about reinserting the magazine?

posted Hide Post
No I have not had any problems inserting the magazine. Line it up and give it a firm bump just like any other sig I own.

Posts: 8 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
No I have not had any problems inserting the magazine. Line it up and give it a firm bump just like any other sig I own.

Perhaps I'm not willing to be aggressive enough. It seems like it might require more than a firm bump, unlike my other SIGs.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
quote:

Perhaps I'm not willing to be aggressive enough. It seems like it might require more than a firm bump, unlike my other SIGs.

Mine is definitely just a firm bump. Hopefully as others get theirs we will have more comparisons or Bruce or Jason will chime in. I didn't feel like it was going to break anything at all. It is definitely a stout gun with very stiff springs but I think it needs to be to handle the loads the reloaders will be shooting.

Posts: 8 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Just took it apart to lube it. Here are a couple of observations.

1. The gun was bone dry. Perhaps it had been lubed with TW-25 at some point. If so, it was all gone. Usually I find some remnant of lube on my SIGs, but there was none here. I don't know if SIG test fires all guns, probably not, how could they. This one was not lubed, if I had to make a wager.

2. The recoil spring setup is something I've not seen before. Perhaps this has been covered elsewhere on the forum and I've missed it. Is this the new setup?

The recoil spring is "captured" between both ends of the guide rod. It's not clear how I would remove it to replace it. I'm assuming the end screws off. The spring also seems to be "bunch" a bit between the two ends almost as if the spring is too long for the guide rod. I'm not sure how or why.

Haven't been to the range yet. Life has been getting in the way, or rather other aspects of life.

posted Hide Post
armscor 10mm

•Muzzle Velocity: 1150 fps.
•Muzzle Energy: 529 ft. lbs.

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by hoser:

Check your DOJ roster.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Not there yet. Just wondering if they plan on submitting to be CA APPROVED so I can save up for one!

Posts: 104 | Registered: April 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:

...a firm bump. Hopefully as others get theirs we will have more comparisons...

I had noticed that the magazine has no taper. Thinking that the taper is to aid in the insertion of the magazines, I depressed the magazine release slightly and the magazine slid right in.

Perhaps a revision is in order?

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The first thing I noticed about the 10mm P220 is that it is heavier than any of my other P220s.

quote:

Originally posted by SIGWolf:

The recoil spring is "captured" between both ends of the guide rod. It's not clear how I would remove it to replace it. I'm assuming the end screws off.

Mine is like this also. If you look closely there are two flat sides of the screw that is on the tip of the rod. An open end wrench will work, a hex wrench (or socket) will not.

You will need a ninety degree spanner wrench to grip the guide rod base. They aren't very common.

quote:

The spring also seems to be "bunch" a bit between the two ends almost as if the spring is too long for the guide rod. I'm not sure how or why.

I haven't noticed this with mine. I peeked inside to see if converting to SAO was possible (it wasn't) and there was adequate lubrication also.

Then I decided that a Gray Guns P-SPIT trigger would fit nicely. I was able to get it in there in about five minutes and then...

Dayyyyng! That puppy is smooth! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you have to remember its an all steel gun so it will weigh alot more than a regular p220

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:

...a firm bump. Hopefully as others get theirs we will have more comparisons...

I had noticed that the magazine has no taper. Thinking that the taper is to aid in the insertion of the magazines, I depressed the magazine release slightly and the magazine slid right in.

Perhaps a revision is in order?

Same here. Magazine inserts fine if you press the magazine catch.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Operations:
you have to remember its an all steel gun so it will weigh alot more than a regular p220

...and that it's five inch.

Host, Tom Gresham's
Gun Talk
posted Hide Post
An update for those who have ordered the GT20 (SAO).

First batch should ship from Sig to Durys next week. Another 150 by the end of the month, and the last 100 by May 15. Total run is 300. Each gun will be marked "1 of 300".

To help ease the sting of the delay, and to say thanks for everyone's patience, the good folks at Sig have agreed to supply a third magazine with each GT20.

Posts: 25 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Gresham:
An update for those who have ordered the GT20 (SAO).

First batch should ship from Sig to Durys next week. Another 150 by the end of the month, and the last 100 by May 15. Total run is 300. Each gun will be marked "1 of 300".

To help ease the sting of the delay, and to say thanks for everyone's patience, the good folks at Sig have agreed to supply a third magazine with each GT20.

It would have been great if Dury's could have told me anything like this before I cancelled my order.

If a mass production model was used at the time of the video (late March?) then why couldn't they release any until next week?

Every time I had called Dury's I was told "in a few more weeks we may be able to tell you something".

Three days after I had sent my FFL holders license to Austin (the gentleman who works at Dury's), I was called and asked to send it again because they were 'building a database' (?).

After the original release date passed, would it have been too hard to send out an email saying the order was delayed because of (grips not produced, parts supplier delay, new release date, etc...) ?

Now the delay in and of itself wouldn't have been all that bad if it wasn't for the lack of communication for the end user.

After getting the runaround for a few times I gave up and asked them to refund the $1514.97 of mine that they had since January 23rd.

The 10mm P220s on Gunbroker were too enticing I suppose. At lease they had a picture of exactly what I was buying and could give a firm answer on when it would be shipped out.

I was really looking forward to owning the GT-20 as well as another SAO P220 regardless of how many were made.

I do listen to Gun Talk Radio every now and then and enjoy it. I can't say I'll do business with Dury's any time soon.

The GT-20 is a nice looking Sig, the adjustable sights would have been a plus...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: .38supersig,