SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
now do a 10mm 1911 Big Grin

( gimmie gimmie gimmie )

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55012 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jason got one on order Smile

Tom

Tom Johansen

Posts: 45 | Location: United States | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Once the dust settles, if a traditional DA/SA 5" gun with adjustable sights becomes available, I'm going to be real interested in buying one. Seems a version like this was going to be available, was then changed to a fixed sights instead or ? I can't keep up.

I've been a fan of the 10MM since Bren Ten days and have owned a number of 10MM pistols and revolvers. IMHO, the 10MM is a cartridge that definitely benefits from the longer 5" barrel and adjustable sights. I think that small beavertail is a good idea too,in order to spread out recoil over more of the web of the hand. Anyway, glad to see some 10MM P220s actually getting into shooter's hands and will continue to follow this thread.

NRA Life

Posts: 1569 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does it have an srt? i wont get mine till friday

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
Once the dust settles, if a traditional DA/SA 5" gun with adjustable sights becomes available, I'm going to be real interested in buying one. Seems a version like this was going to be available, was then changed to a fixed sights instead or ? I can't keep up.

I've been a fan of the 10MM since Bren Ten days and have owned a number of 10MM pistols and revolvers. IMHO, the 10MM is a cartridge that definitely benefits from the longer 5" barrel and adjustable sights. I think that small beavertail is a good idea too,in order to spread out recoil over more of the web of the hand. Anyway, glad to see some 10MM P220s actually getting into shooter's hands and will continue to follow this thread.

COTEP #289

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 more on Gun Broker, how the heck did a pawn shop get one before Top Gun Supply...that just ain't right.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
a 5", all stainless, fixed sights, SAO version is what I'm interested in.

I have zero interest in two tones, camo, rainbow sprinkles, or adjustable sights.

and just want plain jane grips, and can deal with night sights myself.

one day, hopefully, when the doodads and geegaws are done.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
2 more on Gun Broker, how the heck did a pawn shop get one before Top Gun Supply...that just ain't right.

I think that this is just like what happened when Smith introduced the 929 9 mm revolver. Many of the first ones for sale were pawn shops and small shops that ordered the day they were for sale.

Tom

Tom Johansen

Posts: 45 | Location: United States | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's the exact one I want. A match elite in 10mm to go with my .45. A two tone would also be acceptable.

Posts: 101 | Location: SE MI | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBhunter:
quote:

That's the exact one I want. A match elite in 10mm to go with my .45. A two tone would also be acceptable.

Initially that is what I was looking for. I thought the 5", all nitron, SAO with adjustable sights would be a Yin-Yang sort of thing to the P220 Match Elite .45 I have.

However, I also like the DA/SA, fixed sight 5" I received.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are Sig TDA and SAO slides interchangeable ?

Tom

Tom Johansen

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
They are on the 220 Match in .45.

Posts: 27298 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason at Lipsey's:

...the Gun Talk GT20 model that Tom Gresham had made...

Thanks,

Jason

Yeah, I paid in full on January 23rd. They showed a production pistol in March.

I called earlier and they said the GT20 should be in by April 1. Then they said mid/late April. Yesterday I was told early May.

Today I called and cancelled my order and bought one that was listed on Gunbroker.

If anyone wants a GT20, one has just been made available (someday).

I should have mine by next weekend.

Good times.

Posts: 9299 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason at Lipsey's:

...the Gun Talk GT20 model that Tom Gresham had made...

Thanks,

Jason

Yeah, I paid in full on January 23rd. They showed a production pistol in March.

I called earlier and they said the GT20 should be in by April 1. Then they said mid/late April. Yesterday I was told early May.

Today I called and cancelled my order and bought one that was listed on Gunbroker.

If anyone wants a GT20, one has just been made available (someday).

I should have mine by next weekend.

Good times.

I have a deposit on a GT 20 too. Could very possibly be two available since I lucked up on this today sitting at my LGS. I was stunned, and committed! I wasn't asking questions how they got it Cool

Posts: 106 | Registered: March 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my p220 yesterday and got to the range today. It is the two toned which already has plenty of pictures up in this thread so I haven't taken any yet. I took it to the range this morning and shot 100 rounds of armscor 180 grn through it and I can tell you it is EVERYTHING that I hoped and dreamed it would be. It is accurate and soft shooting and my first semi auto 10mm. It is set for a definite 6 o'clock hold which I will have to continue to adjust to as my preference is point of aim. Of course there was no malfunctions of any kind and this baby is built like a tank! The grips are phenomenal and even with my small hands I was easily all the way around it with complete control. I am in love and can't wait for the 4" version. I didn't have any other ammo to take and try out so you will have to wait for the other reports and track the various ammos and their performance. I would spend the money again tomorrow in a heartbeat. Sig definitely hit a home run with this baby and now I can't wait for the next one!

Posts: 8 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report Buttercup. Smile

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cattivo:

...since I lucked up on this today sitting at my LGS. I was stunned, and committed! I wasn't asking questions how they got it Cool

Looks great man! I can hardly wait.

Posts: 9299 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Buttercup were there any specs for the Armscor ammo listed on the box? I've seen much of it available in many different caliber a, 10mm included, but none of the retailer's websites listed any specs.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12948 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Buttercup were there any specs for the Armscor ammo listed on the box? I've seen much of it available in many different caliber a, 10mm included, but none of the retailer's websites listed any specs.

Unfortunately the box does not list any specs. As I said before this is my first 10mm so my ammo choices were limited to what I could grab quickly and I have no basis for comparison at this point. I can't wait to try out more brands and many more rounds! I am open to recommendations from experienced 10mm shooters. Please keep in mind that I don't reload yet.

Posts: 8 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buttercup:
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

Unfortunately the box does not list any specs. As I said before this is my first 10mm so my ammo choices were limited to what I could grab quickly and I have no basis for comparison at this point. I can't wait to try out more brands and many more rounds! I am open to recommendations from experienced 10mm shooters. Please keep in mind that I don't reload yet.

I purchased 180G Underwood ammo which is fully loaded.

http://www.underwoodammo.com/1...al-jacket-box-of-50/

Here is the video for the 165G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...bedded&v=DmGn5FYFe28

For the FMJs, the prices are pretty competitive even with shipping.

Posts: 6 | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post