SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is it time to call it quits with .357Sig
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it time to call it quits with .357Sig Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have no way to explain it or justify it but I just bought another one.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I carry 357 Sig but practice with conversion 40 S&W barrel. Ammunition is far cheaper.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I have no way to explain it or justify it but I just bought another one.....

Blume9mm,

My wife has just recently given somewhat approval for another gun purchase. I am considering one (.357 Sig) also. I seem to have the itch for another one. I know; I cannot explain it either.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
[SEANBEAN]One does not "explain" joy. One is simply elevated by it.[/SEANBEAN]

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I’m doubling down, at least. 2,000 rounds on the way, in the last 30 days I’ve picked up a bucket list SP2340, G32 cause it’s not a G19 and am waiting for a Sig Emperor Fastback commander. My search is not over yet either. These will go nicely with my P239 and folded P229.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
My gut says the 357sig will be around for a long time. Every 40 or 357sig has the reverse barrel for each.
I bought a 229 in 40 back in 95? and was truly disappointed in my groups with this new 10mm short as it was known as. SIG came out with the 357 and I was immediately intrigued and paid the $135 for a factory barrel directly from SIG. I was so impressed with how flat and accurate the round was I fell in love, I was hooked!
I remember getting a SIG ARMS magazine from the factory that boasted 1 rd dropped a Cougar (Mtn Lion) so I knew it was a great rd.
Today i mostly carry a 229R DAK with 2 spare mags.

I have a 229 Legion in 357sig that has a 40 and a BARSTO conversion barrel. 3 different calibers in one pistol, who could ask for more!?
In a nut, I love the .357sig caliber and hope it stays forever !!
My .02.
sigguy(the 1st)

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5302 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a 229 Legion in 357sig that has a 40 and a BARSTO conversion barrel. 3 different calibers in one pistol, who could ask for more!?

I have the same in a plain vanilla 229, first Sig I ever bought. It normally has a Barsto 9 mm conversion barrel, but have the .40 S&W and .357 Sig barrels. Is it wrong to be enamored of a huge muzzle flash?

Posts: 18072 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be taking some private training with some guys in May and I plan to run through about 400 rounds of 9mm in either my P239 or P226. I'm planning to bring both... but at the same time I plan to pack my 357sig conversions parts for both and have some ammo on hand. If for nothing else to show the difference.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I know some people poo poo Freedom Munitions but we bought 4000 of their remanufactured FMJ last fall and sent two kids to the academy with it. They had no issues.

I'm working on a group buy now with coworkers that want ammo since we just bought back our traded in Glock 31s.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as if now (mid march 2023) SIG parts has made .357 SIG barrels for SIG 2022/SIG PRO available again. I am very happy about it.

More .357 SIG and .40 -- the better :-)

I am glad 10 is coming out of the woods, finally, but I hope it does not overshadow the above 2 calibers !

We need a healthy duality between bottleneck and straight case designs. They each offer their own unique attributes, that make the hobby interesting, evolving and personable. I do not want conformity like it would be the case in mil or agencies.

Posts: 91 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^. Hmm. 357/.40, 10mm, healthy duality...you're right. SIG needs to make a 9x23 or a 9x25. Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I went down, kicking and screaming about it 6-7 years ago. Sold all my 357sig handguns and sold all the ammo. I had probably close to 10k rounds of 357sig, and various gr’s of 40sw as training ammo. I finally caved when I shot the Federal HST 124gr +p. I shot it out of the same pistols I used for 357sig (9mm barrels). Between the ever increasing price of 357sig, and that 9mm defensive round, that was it. First jhp I’d ever shot where I said this is close enough.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12643 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
My gut says the 357sig will be around for a long time. Every 40 or 357sig has the reverse barrel for each.
I bought a 229 in 40 back in 95? and was truly disappointed in my groups with this new 10mm short as it was known as. SIG came out with the 357 and I was immediately intrigued and paid the $135 for a factory barrel directly from SIG. I was so impressed with how flat and accurate the round was I fell in love, I was hooked!
I remember getting a SIG ARMS magazine from the factory that boasted 1 rd dropped a Cougar (Mtn Lion) so I knew it was a great rd.
Today i mostly carry a 229R DAK with 2 spare mags.

My .02.
sigguy(the 1st)

How do you like your legion? They are hard to find.

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Here in NH, the Legions are not that rare as SIG has a manufacturing facility here. I actually got my 220 from the pro shop.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5302 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
After some recent refubishments, my range came out with new rules for the calibers that could be shot in the pistol bays, one new rule being NO bottle neck cartridges. I brought up to the range officer that that excluded 357SIG, but 500 S&W was ok, to which they basically said, meh, this is easy to enforce and no one shoots that anyway.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
After reading this post of hand-wringing took my Sig 239 357Sig to the range. It's a terrific handgun. Woods or urban jungle it fits my needs.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1560 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great round. I only have a couple, including a P229 Sport.

I just recently picked up this CZ Custom A01-LD in 357Sig. It’s awesome.

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
After reading this post of hand-wringing took my Sig 239 357Sig to the range. It's a terrific handgun. Woods or urban jungle it fits my needs.

I feel the same way.... well sort of... if I was forced to go into battle with a handgun (meaning I had no way to retreat) then my first choice would be a Sig P226 in 357sig but for just being out int he world, urban or rural, with no expectations of trouble the P239 is the pistol for me. My limit I think is going to be 10 and the next one will probably be in 9mm.... I only have two in that caliber and one is a DAK and I'm not a fan of that.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I posted a thread on this when received back, but Josh @ AAGW is a wizard. This is a 96G Elite II that he relasered with proper caliber marking and cut the barrel to match the EII crown. Shorter spring and LB replacement cycles will be in order.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
bac1023, the gun is a absolute heart throb. I missed, in your earlier post it is a 357 Sig.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post