SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gray_Wolf:
I was just wondering; since there is a conversion 9mm barrel availave for P226 .40s&w (that works with .40 slide). Wouldn't it be possible to make a 10mm conversion barrel that would work with P220 .45 slide? (so no mods would be required to the gun) Confused What do you guys think?

It can be done, but only Peters Stahl is doing it successfully and only for the 1911 type. Look at the 11 conversion barrels available for the Peters Stahl Omega. They are also linkless with polygonal barrels.

Posts: 54 | Registered: January 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude??? Are you aware that you just responded in a thread where GGI have turned a 220 45ACP into a 10mm saying that only some other guy can do it in some other platform? Are you really that dense? Or did you not bother reading the title of the thread or any one of the posts in the last 42 pages? Roll Eyes

Posts: 4668 | Location: Marysville, WA | Registered: May 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedCardinal:
quote:
I was just wondering; since there is a conversion 9mm barrel availave for P226 .40s&w (that works with .40 slide). Wouldn't it be possible to make a 10mm conversion barrel that would work with P220 .45 slide? (so no mods would be required to the gun) Confused What do you guys think?

It can be done, but only Peters Stahl is doing it successfully and only for the 1911 type. Look at the 11 conversion barrels available for the Peters Stahl Omega. They are also linkless with polygonal barrels.

What you're referring to might work, but to get it right the first time aroung we're doing it this way.

Dropping in a conversion barrel won't help, haven't you seen the issues with internal P220 extractors that have been posted here??? The P220 has enough trouble extracting the cartridge that the gun was designed to fire, let alone a cartridge with a smaller rim.

We're "Custom" pistol smiths, which means we don't take the easy way out.....we do things so that they'll last and be reliable.

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The Springfield Omega is essentially only a 1911 in appearance. It is really a completely different gun in operation, and was designed from the ground up to work as a platform for multiple caliber changes.
It is much more difficult to change caliber in a gun built around a specific cartridge (such as the P220); at least, to do it reliably and correctly without some serious modifications.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rln_21:
quote:
quote:

The Springfield Omega is essentially only a 1911 in appearance. It is really a completely different gun in operation, and was designed from the ground up to work as a platform for multiple caliber changes.
It is much more difficult to change caliber in a gun built around a specific cartridge (such as the P220); at least, to do it reliably and correctly without some serious modifications.
And, the Springfield (Stahl) Omega was not known for its longevity - I know, I own one.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
And, the Springfield (Stahl) Omega was not known for its longevity - I know, I own one.

We've got one in the shop for sale....you want another?

Flork

------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

We've got one in the shop for sale....you want another?

Flork
I think I'm all set with the one I have. Has there been any GGI work done on the one you have in the shop?

I should have used the word "durability" rather than "longevity" in my previous post.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Well it's been about 11 days, 3 hours and 30 minutes since the last post, but who's counting? Anybody have any updates?

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, the only things holding these up are the recoil springs and the magazines.

The recoil springs are due in the shop any day now. The production run on the mags should be starting very soon Big Grin

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Survived a trip to 10mm HQ! There is a large collection of guns awaiting parts to ship. Was able to fire the 10mm prototype and enjoy the scenery. Even met Sheriff Bob!

Highly recommend the trip. Photos to follow - new post.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220parts,

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Bruce/Scott:

Any news on progress on the recoil springs or when you're expecting to get the magazines for the 10mm project?

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Troy226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

The basics:

Barrel: Custom made Bar-Sto barrel supplied and fitted - $325

Slide work: Includes welding and recutting the breach face, supplying a custom made GGI extractor and setting up proper extractor tension and function - $225

Solid stainless steel guide rod with 24lb mainspring $42.00

Custom modified 10mm magazines supplied buy GGI - 5ea. per gun, including modifications to the Slide Catch Lever and Magazine Release to make them function properly - $325

Dehorn, detail and blend the slide - $75

Total for the basic package work: $992.00

Additional options are as follows:

Tritium night sight front paired with Warren Tactical rear sight - $150

Custom wleded and blended beaver tail - $150

Reduced Reset Comprehensive Duty Package - $250

Custom Fabricated Grayguns Magwell welded and fitted - $225

Total for additional options - $775

Grand Total for the full on everyghing GGI 10mm conversion - $1767.00

If you're seriously interested in one of these pistols, please email me at scott@grayguns.com so I can talk to you about the project.[/b]"

So, if you're serious about making an investment in a firearm that has the potential for becoming a righteous collectible in years to come, please let Flork know in this thread.

I am interested in this conversion. I have a P220ST with comp and red-dot, and I also have a .400 corbon slide.
Acouple of questions;

1) After modifications to frame, can I still use my .400 cor-bon slide?

2) Is there a possibility of adding an extra, longer barrel, to use my compensator?

3) Can I still use my .45ACP barrel? Maybe add another slide?

-Troy
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed;..." Thomas Jefferson to Justice John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45.
( Complete letter of June 5, 1824; http://odur.let.rug.nl/~usa/P/...ings/brf/jefl278.htm )

Posts: 618 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL, USA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anarion:
Bruce/Scott:

Any news on progress on the recoil springs or when you're expecting to get the magazines for the 10mm project?

Mags are ordered and we are simply waiting, still, seemingly interminably. Our new uprated PINK springs should be here any day. We do have a handful of pre-production test mags (8, I believe) that we can ship some guns with to get them out the door, and I think we'll do that to keep at least some of you from waiting longer for the full run of mags to be delivered by our vendor. I'll be in touch. Thanks!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Just kidding Smile, but this reminds me of the Bren Ten.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary1911A1:
Just kidding Smile, but this reminds me of the Bren Ten.

I can't help but agree! Big Grin

Funny stuff, but at least we have an end in sight and we have a strong product.

As an aside, ever take a close look at a Bren Ten? Yikes. I never could see what the hype was about.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Mags are ordered and we are simply waiting, still, seemingly interminably. Our new uprated PINK springs should be here any day. We do have a handful of pre-production test mags (8, I believe) that we can ship some guns with to get them out the door, and I think we'll do that to keep at least some of you from waiting longer for the full run of mags to be delivered by our vendor. I'll be in touch. Thanks!
-Bruce

Bruce, Thanks for the update. Smile

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
One of the benefits too attending a GGI workshop in MA (besides the "Moose and Squirrel" storey) is the option of firing a 220ST 10mm.

You never know what SIGs (or other oddities) may appear from the back of the safe!

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
The best way I know of to make Sig build a 10mm would be for them to see G20s flying off the shelves. Even then, Gaston might not do it when his guns are already selling like hotcakes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeremiahjj,

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure we would have heard something but are there any updates on the delivery of the 10mm conversions? Surely the parts suppliers can offer an estimated delivery by now, right? If the mags are the only hold up, any chance we can use these as single-shot weapons and have the mags shipped when they are ready?

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
any chance we can use these as single-shot weapons and have the mags shipped when they are ready?

...you want to be the butt of Bren 10 jokes?

last i talked to Bruce, he mentioned that they might ship the guns with one mag at first and send the rest of the mags later

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post