SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Leaked new gun Smith & Wesson CSX
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaked new gun Smith & Wesson CSX Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it’s answering a question no one is asking.

Hit's nail on head. Very well put.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They'd do better to bring back to CS9. That was a great gun.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Oh a new s&w. Whats for dinner?

Wake me when they make Melonite 3914s or CS9s again. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Yawn. Roll Eyes

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a 12 round SAO with a trigger most likely better than the many striker-fired options out there.

Yes it looks like a weird Mashup of a Shield and a 1911 but what new guns are actually pretty?

If the trigger is good, it is reliable and the price is decent, it will sell. .

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on, you guys! Why?

B ecause
N ot
S triker-
F ired

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
Come on, you guys! Why?

B ecause
N ot
S triker-
F ired

I think we've hit peak striker. Time for the manufacturers to try something new.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I hope that striker fired plastic HAS peaked.

The ONLY good things I see about that CSX is that it is aluminum framed and hammer fired.

Brace for the $650+ MSRP. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
A marketing director at SIG once told me that “the internet is a fad, printed media is where it’s at”.

Striker fired will continue to dominate for another 30 years. There is a reason why there are more Glocks around the world than any other modern design.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
The trigger looks plastic and certainly poorly designed.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
A marketing director at SIG once told me that “the internet is a fad, printed media is where it’s at”...

Is said director flipping burgers, now?

Q

Posts: 26412 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
A marketing director at SIG once told me that “the internet is a fad, printed media is where it’s at”...

Is said director flipping burgers, now?

doubtful. I have seen upper management make gross error's in judgement and catastrophic decision's and they rarely have any consquences. One directer was let go. got a 6 month severance package. Then was hired by another agency and given a 30 percent raise.

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
From the linked blurb:

“Disappointingly, the pistol lacks an accessory rail and optics cut, but it's unclear at this time if other models may remedy this…”

For me it’s “Happily”, not “Disappointingly”.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8965 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I hope that striker fired plastic HAS peaked.

The ONLY good things I see about that CSX is that it is aluminum framed and hammer fired.

Brace for the $650+ MSRP. Wink Regards 18DAI

It looks like Smith is using the same Melonite treatment on this as on their M&Ps.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m.p.driver:
I'd have to say no thank you,now if they want to bring out an affordable .44 special SS 3inch barrel i'm in.

Maybe if we both wrote them a letter ...

Posts: 15895 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
I could live with that S&W.. Worth a try at the range.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Posting for those who don't want to have to click through to an external link and scroll past ads:

I think the pistol looks pretty good and I've always preferred hammer fired guns to striker fired guns so depending on price I might be all in. Thanks for posting a picture of the CSX I'm one of the people that prefer not to click on links.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I think it will do well for S&W.

I read somewhere else that it is very close in size to the Shield Plus offering full grip with 12 rounds and not a "pocket carry" size pistol.

This may be the answer for those that say:

-- I won't own a plastic gun. Plastic guns feel cheap and toyish.

-- I can't stand the type of trigger on striker fired pistol.

-- I must have a workable safety on my carry pistol.

-- I only like hammer fired pistols with a visible hammer.

Looks of a pistol are subjective. I think my Walther PPS is ugly but after actually shooting one I wanted one and forgot about the ugly.

Looking forward to shooting this pistol myself and expect it will be a sweet shooter with the trigger and a few more ounces of weight due to metal frame. Usually LGS will have a week where you can try a new S&W pistol like this for free, just pay for the ammo.

It would be nice to see this size pistol but with a good DA/SA trigger but might not be possible due to more complex mechanism with DA/SA

The alleged "small gun store" that got one of these in is my LGS and it is far from small and one of the largest gun stores in the midwest with a huge range that has 63 shooting lanes.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing Jerry and Julie shoot it.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I think it's quite fugly, and the safety lever definitely needs to be a bit larger.

However, I could see this being a "budget" option for folks who want a compact double stack SAO 9mm carry gun with a metal frame, but who don't want to drop the coin on something like a Sig Legion P229 SAO, Wilson EDC X9/X9S, or Dan Wesson DWX Compact.

Still, that's bound to be a niche within a pretty small niche, so I don't see it being a huge success.

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post