SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Leaked new gun Smith & Wesson CSX
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaked new gun Smith & Wesson CSX Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks like a P938 & Shield made a baby.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Gross.

Yep

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Yep. I was going to say a Shield Plus and a 1911 had a baby.

Time will tell if it combines the best of both platforms or the worst.

Too soon to tell.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it, except for the funny looking trigger. It's nice seeing metal frames coming back with add on grips. If it sells look for different models. I might be interested once I'm able to hold it.

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I try to have an open mind on new products but damn that thing is ugly.

It makes a Glock look like the prom queen.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
I don’t hate it… but I think it’s answering a question no one is asking.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I may just save up for the SA EMP instead…

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
No lanyard ring? Dealbreaker.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The 9mm of the week crowd should be happy.

I'll hold out for the Norfolk and Southern SD-45.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Springfield just discontinued its small hammer fired guns (XD-E and 911) due to low sales. That being said, this will probably be a big seller for Smith Razz

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of safeties but the safety on that one seems too small.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spdski:
I don’t hate it… but I think it’s answering a question no one is asking.

That's kind of where I'm at.

I like 1911's and no mistake, but, for me, there's a point at which a hammer-fired SAO begins to become... impractical? That point, for me, is somewhere around the size of a compact 1911 such as the Colt Defender or Springfield EMP 3.

quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
I may just save up for the SA EMP instead…

I'm pleased with mine. Though, at this point, if I didn't already have my EMP 3 I might be inclined to consider a Staccato C.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Posting for those who don't want to have to click through to an external link and scroll past ads:

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get all of the train references, but because of how small and frumpy this S&W looks I think below is a more appropriate inspiration for the name:

The Acura CSX. Canadian market only, developed from the Civic as a premium luxury subcompact. Think "Cadillac Cimarron" as the concept but unlike that POS GM effort, made with Honda quality. The whole lux-subcomp was a thing in Europe about the same time but never introduced in the U.S., mostly because of the SUV/CUV trend that was starting to really expand here. This CSX started in the mid 2000s and last sold around 2011, about the time S&W released the original Shield. Like the spyshot pistol, the CSX car definitely carries the 'frumpy' look to my eye. And both car and gun are very much subcompact. S&W didn't make no locomotive here.

That said, now I'm wondering what is the 'NSX' in S&W's lineup...

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was a threesome. You forgot the Glock. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say no thank you,now if they want to bring out an affordable .44 special SS 3inch barrel i'm in.

Posts: 95 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good post, and good news – I like it. I really like the fact that they are going back to a metal-framed pistol. I wouldn’t think S&W, or any other mindful company, would pay much attention to these forum posts. Too much of a chance, IMHO, that the poster is some pimply-faced Tubby hiding out in his mother‘s basement.

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It's definitely their take on a 938. That being said, how popular is the 938 now? I have to wonder what the ratio of P365 to 938 sales is? I bet they'll sell one of these for every 20 Shield Pluses.

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I bet they'll sell one of these for every 20 Shield Pluses.

I bet they sell even less of these new pistols than that.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
I like S&W's new offerings, but this "leaked" BS is getting old.

Stop it S&W.
Yes, it's old and yes, they should stop.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post