SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    E forms: form 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E forms: form 4 Login/Join 
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
Just anecdotal evidence, but...I went to pick up a can that had just been approved and I mentioned to my FFL that we were coming up on 90 days since I e-filed a Form 4 (did it the day it went live). I told him I was curious to see if the 90 day estimate by SilencerShop was going to be true and he mentioned that he'd already received a few of them back. Both had been approved in about a month! I trust the guy immensely and that was the first I'd heard of anyone being approved on the e-file. Has anyone else heard of approvals?

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
So after like 3 weeks of dilly dallying on my dealer's end, I got all my stuff from Silencer Shop. Just waiting for a call from the dealer to come in and do the final bits, since I'm transferring as an individual.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:
Just anecdotal evidence, but...I went to pick up a can that had just been approved and I mentioned to my FFL that we were coming up on 90 days since I e-filed a Form 4 (did it the day it went live). I told him I was curious to see if the 90 day estimate by SilencerShop was going to be true and he mentioned that he'd already received a few of them back. Both had been approved in about a month! I trust the guy immensely and that was the first I'd heard of anyone being approved on the e-file. Has anyone else heard of approvals?

The only ones I’ve heard of being approved in a month were a couple expedited for military reasons. I’ve heard a few “someone said” stories, but haven’t seen any proof. That said, it would be great if normal processing ones are starting to come back.

Edit: It’s been reported at arf that a couple of “normal” F4s submitted on 12/23 and 12/24 have come back approved. 77 days to approval.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dwill104,

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was in charge of this technology program at the ATF(and I've done similar projects) the ONE thing I would do is make sure that a small sample of the early ones come back quickly. No matter what I had to do on an exceptional basis to make that happen. Makes the whole program look like a win and a success.
Now when we see most if not all of them come back quickly we will know they actually accomplished something useful.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the initial information posted, it appears that individual Form 4s are being processed before trusts.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bless them.

posted Hide Post
The shop I work at got our first eform approval back Saturday. It was filed as an individual on Jan 20th. There are still some forms pending that were filed prior to the one that was approved.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
got our first eform approval back Saturday

That's excellent news!!!

Posts: 953 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
eform4 submitted 1/18/22; received approved today.

Posts: 2090 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the ATF has 30 days to get the approved stamp to the dealer, but has anyone seeing approvals seeing stamps in hand yet?

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IME with form1 efiles, you don't get a physical stamp. Did they say they were sending actual stamps on the form4s?

Posts: 2090 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
eform4 submitted 1/18/22; received approved today.

Did you also get the approval email, with an attached stamped F4, or do they just email it to the dealer, and the dealer called you like with the paper F4s?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an email as well.

posted Hide Post
I'm unclear, is this like EF1 and there will never be a stamp or does the dealer actually get a stamped F4?

posted Hide Post
There is no physical stamp like on the paper forms. It’s a stamp watermark in the corner like on the eForm 1s.

posted Hide Post
Thank you for the responses. Should the transferring dealer then be able to print the approved form from their eForm account?

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can print it right from the email the ATF sends you.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
You can print it right from the email the ATF sends you.

The completed form is supposed to show up in your eForms account after approval as well, right?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miraculously remembered my password without referring to my notes. No form in my online account. Under the approved tab, there is only the option to view my form1s.

My guess is it will only show in the account of the dealer/submitter.

posted Hide Post
I e filed for a can on 1-11 and it was approved 3-21. If only they would have approved the other forms that have been in limbo for MONTHS.

Posts: 1788 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post