SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    E forms: form 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E forms: form 4 Login/Join 
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're using a cell phone to take pictures, emailing the pictures to our work email, saving to the computer then uploading to the atf.

Perfect, that's what I was hoping to hear. Thank you.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armme:
Still much better than 13.

quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
can we start a betting pool on that?

My guess is 5 months.

I will start the date count today. I mailed the fingerprints back today.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
quote:
We're using a cell phone to take pictures, emailing the pictures to our work email, saving to the computer then uploading to the atf.

Perfect, that's what I was hoping to hear. Thank you.

Just make sure you follow the ATF criteria for acceptable pictures. No facial expression, no hat, white background, appropriately sized, etc.

I've used cell phone pictures for eForm 1s and it's fine, just make sure you attach an appropriate photo.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was submitted today. First one for my LGS. Got the cover letter printed off, and I'll get printed by the end of the week.

Posts: 2152 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Certified my eForm 4 today. Pretty painless. Went to my LGS, dealer called up my F4, asked me the questions (are you a criminal, alien, etc.), entered my Eforms User name and PIN, and done. Got the confirmation email from the ATF almost immediately, with a copy of the F4. No cover letter, I assume because my prints were attached as a digital file from Silencer Shop.

Although I bought the can from dealer stock, we went through Silencer Shop, and my dealer used their software to load all of the info into the Form 4, so he didn’t have to manually enter it, plus it attached my fingerprint file, and photo.

Talking to the dealer, right now at his shop, the delay is just working through the backlog of submissions he has. Now that ATF has gotten the system working reliably, and SS has worked down their backlog and got their software working, he said he has like 100 submissions to work through. Even though the SS software makes it easy to load into eforms, he’s got to contact every person (one person for individual, all RPs for trust), and arrange for them to certify. Individuals have to do it in person and although trustees can do it remotely, but they still have to be contacted to answer the questions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dwill104,

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've done my first couple (as a dealer). When the system is up, it seems to work pretty well. I wish the 5320.23 responsible person form could be done electronically.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did mine today at the LGS. Using the SS software, which my dealer said just started working reliably like yesterday. Was painless mostly. Dealer has to relog on for each one, but took about 20 minutes to get through 4 of them. We shall se what the ATF is able to do, clock running from 1.22.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
did mine today at the LGS. Using the SS software, which my dealer said just started working reliably like yesterday. Was painless mostly. Dealer has to relog on for each one, but took about 20 minutes to get through 4 of them. We shall se what the ATF is able to do, clock running from 1.22.

Filing for a can tomorrow the exact same way. Owner of my LGS is a good friend, he filed five cans the same way on Friday, he's got it figured out. I'm hopefully optimistic with the E-form wait time!

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mailed my fingerprints 6 days ago. Still hasn't been received.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Submitted a successful (least I hope it is) eForm 4 (as a dealer) today. Seemed extremely easy and hassle free. Hoping this system will handle the influx in submissions and cuts down the wait. As long as the buyer/transferee has their own account and is willing to mail in their fingerprint cards, all is well!

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Certified mine yesterday. I put in for another can a couple of months before, but it didn’t make the cutoff. Maybe they’ll both be ready at the same time…

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just Submitted a Form 4 for a B&T SD Suppressor. Everything went smooth as silk. Like everyone, I'm interested to see when the approval will come.
I've done a number of paper Form 4's, all with no corrections needed and they took between 9 and 13 months.
The submission process was easy.
Details to follow when I get notification.

Posts: 352 | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Got an ModX-9 sitting at the dealer now (transferred in from SIG Pro Shop). Waiting on the paperwork to be rolled over to Silencer Shop, which honestly seems like it's going to be a long wait for that. Can's been sitting at the dealer for over a week now with no action steps.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Got an ModX-9 sitting at the dealer now (transferred in from SIG Pro Shop). Waiting on the paperwork to be rolled over to Silencer Shop, which honestly seems like it's going to be a long wait for that. Can's been sitting at the dealer for over a week now with no action steps.

Shouldn’t be, if the dealer knows what they’re doing.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in the beginning it took SS some time to get things ready. But the last few weeks its been quite short (not short enough but I'll explain that in a minute) like a day from dealer entering to ready for you to certify.
Since individuals have to go in person the problem right now to me is that if you go in to buy a can they enter it, but its hours later to have it ready to certify. So 'hanging' around so you don't have to make two trips to the dealer isn't really possible at the moment (this is as of last week). It seems the goal should be that assuming we are talking dealer stock (the F3 has processed) that SS should get this done in near real time so you can do a one and done visit.
But to the above this is not normal and your dealer is generally at fault (sometimes not, as recently I had a can that SS couldn't process because the ATF had literally lost it in its records)

posted Hide Post
My LGS is lucky enough to have great local PD cooperation. They don't have a kiosk, and don't intend to ever mess with SS. You can pop over to the police department (walk if you want to), to get printed while the store employees are working on the E-form. Hell, you don't even have to have your E-form account set up yet; you can do it that day too. I'd say it probably takes between 45 and 60 minutes to complete the process. The cooperation of and proximity to local PD is a big part of it.

Posts: 2152 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remain astonished that there is a PD left that will allow a walk-in unscheduled visit for a non emergency. Good on them.

posted Hide Post
I have a question about the process.

I purchased my suppressor at a SilencerShop dealer. Did everything online. I certified the application and received a “Application Submission Notification” from the ATF. However, when I log into E-forms, I don’t see the application.

Is that the usual deal?

Thanks

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup in my experience. the F4 is a request to transfer from your FFL to you. You won't see them in your eforms account (or at least I don't see them in mine).

posted Hide Post
Thank you, hrcjon. That makes sense. I was hoping that my application didn’t get lost in cyberspace somewhere.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post