SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chino101:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:

Approved this morning.

Good to hear. I eFiled my Form 4 on March 31. Hopefully mine is next.

03/23 I'm keeping my expectations low.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3/19 and hoping it comes through this year still…

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I’m new to the NFA stuff mainly due to the long wait times. But I did e file a form 4 on June 1 and yes I’m still waiting.

My question is why does a form 4 take so much longer than a form 1. What’s the difference? I understand a form 4 is to buy a commercial made item like a suppressor and a form 1 is “manufacture” an SBR. Also if you’re buying a commercial made sbr from BCM is it still a form 1.

Shouldn’t the background check be the same?

I’m sure this has been asked before I just couldn’t find the answer. Hope I don’t sound too ignorant.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
buying a commercial made sbr from BCM is it still a form 1

nope its a form4.
I have no idea the underlying answer to your question of why any of this takes sometimes a year or more.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
buying a commercial made sbr from BCM is it still a form 1

nope its a form4.
I have no idea the underlying answer to your question of why any of this takes sometimes a year or more.

Thanks for the info. The mystery goes on…

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing. eF1 on 11/7 back today! but the system is clearly not running on FIFO as older stuff is still not back. But I give them a solid 'A+' on that one. an eF4 on the other hand is now at nearly 9 months and counting...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Creeping_Death:
3/19 and hoping it comes through this year still…

Received the good news email this morning…Approved today!

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are the inception dates being given the initial filing date or the date the ATF received the filing? I am assuming the latter as it only seems logical but hoping for the former.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
Are the inception dates being given the initial filing date or the date the ATF received the filing? I am assuming the latter as it only seems logical but hoping for the former.

Most of what is being filed now is being filed electronically, so they are in the queue immediately.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made the first purchase on March 30, 22 but Silencer Shop shows the date that it was electronically entered as April 14. I assume that means my date to calculate delivery from is the latter. I have since purchased another on Nov 1 and the electronic submission is listed as pending as of todays' date of 11/17 from SS. They already had all my info from the previous purchase and said it was valid so confused as to why the delay on submission of the info on the second purchase. Perhaps the about 2 week + delay is from ATF and not SS. Somewhat confused.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SS has a gap between when they are done and when they get it to the ATF. Many complain about this delay as it can be weeks. But in the context of the ATF at 8-9 months and not FIFO it probably doesn't matter too much. But if you go to your SS account you can look at your orders page and see the date it was actually submitted.

posted Hide Post
I received a paper Form 4 back today for a customer. I don't have the exact pending date, but I signed it 11/14/2021 (and would have sent it within a day or so and it was approved 11/14/2022.

Just for a data point.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Got a paper form back the other day at 369 days. The second one back in the last two weeks with +/- one year.

Got an eForm 4 approved today at 220 days. Last one was 200 days. Hard to call it a change in trend but we're still a long way from 90 days.

I'm still waiting on my eForm from mid March. 212 days and still waiting. What date was yours submitted on?

March 14 and still waiting.

Approved this morning.

Arrived today! Worth the wait!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
At least they are fairly consistent. We had two come back to the shop this week. March 14 and 16th I believe.
Guess I have another month or so as I did one April 5th.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Got a paper form back the other day at 369 days. The second one back in the last two weeks with +/- one year.

Got an eForm 4 approved today at 220 days. Last one was 200 days. Hard to call it a change in trend but we're still a long way from 90 days.

I'm still waiting on my eForm from mid March. 212 days and still waiting. What date was yours submitted on?

March 14 and still waiting.

Approved this morning.

Arrived today! Worth the wait!

Called NFA yesterday and they said my form from just after yours is still pending.... Roll Eyes

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Belay that last. Form 4 approved this morning. It’s a thanksgiving miracle!!

254 days.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
I made the first purchase on March 30, 22 but Silencer Shop shows the date that it was electronically entered as April 14. I assume that means my date to calculate delivery from is the latter. I have since purchased another on Nov 1 and the electronic submission is listed as pending as of todays' date of 11/17 from SS. They already had all my info from the previous purchase and said it was valid so confused as to why the delay on submission of the info on the second purchase. Perhaps the about 2 week + delay is from ATF and not SS. Somewhat confused.

If you submitted an eFile form 4, the date that the clock starts is when the Form 4 is certified by both you and the dealer. That is the day that the ATF gets the submission, and you should have gotten an email from the ATF saying that it changes to submitted/in process. Anything that happens before that doesn’t really count toward approval time.

When you buy from Silencer shop, they send you a docusign dummy Form 4. That goes nowhere. It’s mostly for you to look over to make sure all of your info is correct. Next, if you bought from silencer shop’s website (instead of from dealer stock), the silencer has to be transfered from them to the dealer. That could take weeks as that’s an ATF process (Form 3) that you really don’t see or have anything to do with. Again, doesn’t count toward your approval time. Then, after the dealer gets it, SS has to load all of the info for the Form 4 into the dealer’s dashboard so then the dealer can access it and create the form 4, so that you can certify it for the dealer to submit.

The fact that they may have had your info from a previous submission doesn’t mean anything. It’s still the same process whether it’s your first can or your 50th can.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Submitted 3/23 approved 11/23

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Holy carp! I submitted 3 Form 1s on Nov 28, and 2 were approved this morning. 9 days. They must have accidentally grabbed from the wrong pile, lol.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chino101
posted Hide Post
I just got my eForm 4 approved today, which was submitted on March 30.

Posts: 510 | Location: Maryland | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post