SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Picture of caribouhunter
posted Hide Post
Form 4, individual suppressor. Took 1 year and 1 week since tax stamp was cashed. Other suppressor took 11 months since tax stamp cashed. Picked up both today, now off to have some fun.

Posts: 420 | Location: White Lake TWP. - Michigan | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Finally got the call today that my tax stamp came in, so tomorrow on my way home from work I’ll pick up my DeadAir Mask. Tax stamp was cashed 1 year ago today. Paper Form 4 Trust. Next one should be approved by late May or early June…

Hopefully I’ll get to go try out the Mask in the next few days. I’ve got a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Tactical and a 10/22 TD with a TacSol SBX barrel to host the Mask.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
eForm (trust) certified and submitted via Capitol Armory for a Nomad Ti on 4/1/22. Hopefully no April Fools joke.

Will be interesting to see which can I get first, this one or the one I submitted via eForms 12 days ago. One was a trust and one was an individual, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great they just cashed the checks I sent a couple weeks ago. Thought that meant it would be quick. Guess I'm in for a year or so.

Paper Form 4 trust, due to the issues with e-file lately.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huge surprise today. Today is a day shy of 90 days on my efile form 4's, so when my dealer said to stop by I was thinking the ATF is actually doing 90 days. But when I got there what was waiting was a paper filed form from last August (cashed in Sept 2021). I have been wondering whimsically which might show up first but I was not ready for this outcome actually.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Form 4 Trust (paper filing).

Check cashed 3/29/21
Stamp arrived at dealer 4/19/22

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paper form 4 check cashed today , now to forget about it

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
Rugged Oculus .22 Suppressor - Silencer Shop Kiosk

eFile Form 4 Trust (1 responsible party)
Submitted: December 22, 2021
Pending: January 19, 2022
Approved: April 25, 2022
Received: April 25, 2022 (In stock)

96 Days (Pending to Approved)

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is "pending" an updated status the dealer sees on his end? Also, why would you measure from pending to approved? Submitted to approved is more appropriate, I think. Either way, it seems your result (4 months) is in line with relatively realistic efile expectations. My turnaround was a fluke, for sure. I did submit another one last week, so we'll see what happens with it.

My post from the eform thread, on March 22:
eform4 submitted 1/18/22; received approved today.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
eForm 1
Submitted 4/14/22
Approved 4/26/22

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The submitted versus pending is probably of significance on a Silencer Shop purchase. Silencer Shop needs to get the suppressor transferred to the local dealer (Form 3) and then get the Form 4 done.

My experience as a Silencer Shop dealer is that they are not always super prompt in getting the can to the local dealer.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Submitted” for eForms is when you complete the form, put in your credit card, and hit the “submit” button. SS, or anyone else, sending the can to your dealer has nothing to do with you because you aren’t submitting anything, nor are you really doing anything when you get the docusign to check over. For ATF processing time of your eForm 1 or 4, the only time that counts is from the time you hit the submit button (or certify, and the dealer hits the submit button) until the time you get approved. The only exception is when the submission goes to “pending research” for a bit before it moves to submitted/in process, but that’s usually a eForm 1 thing, not eForm 4.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
“Submitted” for eForms is when you complete the form, put in your credit card, and hit the “submit” button. SS, or anyone else, sending the can to your dealer has nothing to do with you because you aren’t submitting anything, nor are you really doing anything when you get the docusign to check over. For ATF processing time of your eForm 1 or 4, the only time that counts is from the time you hit the submit button (or certify, and the dealer hits the submit button) until the time you get approved. The only exception is when the submission goes to “pending research” for a bit before it moves to submitted/in process, but that’s usually a eForm 1 thing, not eForm 4.

This. I chose to measure from 'pending' to 'approved' because a whole lot of variables can effect the time it takes from buying a can on silencershop.com to them actually certifying (i.e, going 'pending'). I could've measured from purchase date but that wouldn't be very consistent as processing times can vary from one gun shop to another...and this the "NFA Wait Time" thread, not the "Gun shop wait time" thread. I still included that date though in case people like you might find some value in it.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Silencershop is the grey area factor. You're right about the thread's indicated purpose, and the inconsistencies in allowing measurement of SS and LGS processing periods. How does the purchaser see the "pending" status?

Posts: 2086 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
Silencershop is the grey area factor. You're right about the thread's indicated purpose, and the inconsistencies in allowing measurement of SS and LGS processing periods. How does the purchaser see the "pending" status?

It's on your silencershop.com dashboard.

posted Hide Post
Gotcha. I get it now. Silencershop exclusive thing. Took me a bit to understand it; I've never dealt with them. For me it's always been submitted to approved; no progress reports between.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

This. I chose to measure from 'pending' to 'approved' because a whole lot of variables can effect the time it takes from buying a can on silencershop.com to them actually certifying (i.e, going 'pending'). I could've measured from purchase date but that wouldn't be very consistent as processing times can vary from one gun shop to another...and this the "NFA Wait Time" thread, not the "Gun shop wait time" thread. I still included that date though in case people like you might find some value in it.

What was “submitted” on Dec 22, and what happened on January 19? Submitted means that the form 4 to transfer your can from your dealer to you was sent to the ATF, which means in the context of eforms is on that date that you and your dealer did the certification and the dealer hit the submit button to send it off to the ATF. If didn’t happen on Dec 22, then nothing was “submitted” on that day. If that happened on January 19, then your eForm 4 was submitted on that date.

Don’t be confused by that docusign Form 4 that you get from SS. Prior to eFile, that was the Form 4 that got printed out and sent in, but even then, it wasn’t actually submitted until SS actually put it in the mail. Now with eFile, the docusign is just mostly to give you a chance to review the information on the form. It’s stored at SS, and that’s what the dealer uses for input into the ATF page vis SS’s software, but until the form is certified, and the dealer filling out the Eform 4 actually hits the button, noting is actually submitted.

I think there is confusion about what “pending” means. Pending is usually the answer you get when you call the phone number to check your status, and to the ATF it’s the nebulous waiting state between we-got-your-application to approved. It means the same thing on the SS dashboard, they use the same term. To SS, all it means is that your Form went in. In fact, unless SS has a way to get feedback from the dealer, that’s the last you’ll ever see on your SS dashboard. All of the cans I’ve ever bought from SS over the years still show “Pending ATF approval”, even though they’ve been approved for years. Unless I go into my Wallet on the SS dashboard, and put in approval dates, they’ll stay “pending” as far as SS is concerned until the next of time.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On eforms IMO the only thing that matters is the eform system date when the ATF says its going to "submitted/in process". Before that is all nonsense to goal that the ATF working on it.
And speaking of that the first of my efiles came back today. Submitted 1/22/2022 approved 4/26/2022.
I find it totally odd the ATF doesn't do batches because the rest of the stuff submitted on that date didn't come back as well.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Certified and submitted/in process on 1/21/22. Still waiting.

Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
By "submitted" I mean that I bought the can and "submitted" my 5320 (RPQ) to Silencershop for their review. (This would be the form that has the giant word "SUBMITTED" on it when you eFile.)

"Pending" is the status given by the ATF once they've received the payment and the application. For the Form 4, this doesn't happen until the LGS and Silencershop have processed the application. In my case, I bought the can on December 21st and it wasn't until January 19th before SilencerShop had reviewed my forms, my trust, pictures (had to take new one as the previous was > 1 year), and been "certified" with the LGS person present. Then it's "pending" and the "official" wait begins.

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 NFA stamps and thought the above information would be helpful to others in the queue. I didn't mean to cause such a fuss over my use of the terms 'submitted' and 'pending'. I'll refrain from sharing my experience in the future.