SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Best 5.56 suppressor
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best 5.56 suppressor Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have heard both an rc2 and flow556 next to each other and the rc2 was quieter but far gassier. The flow 556 was louder (not terrible, just noticeable) but no gas even with auto and high round counts.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I got to shoot an RC2 and then a 7.62 Hux Flow. The RC2 was, yes, a little quieter, but a whole lot gassier. The Flow wasn’t gassy at all, and didn’t seem that loud, but it was on a 16” AR, and the RC2 was on a Mk18. Indoor range. I found the flow to be a much more pleasant experience, despite it being overbore for a 5.56.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OP didn't say anything about the platform, which possibly matters on this kind of discussion. But comparing something on a 10.3" AR to something on a 16" AR is just not telling you anything useful. Go shoot the RC2 on a 16" and you won't complain about gas. Go shoot the HUX on a 10.3 and let us know. I bet its really really loud. According to Pew the HUX 5.56 is way louder on a MK18 than the RC2 and I would bet the 7.62 version is way louder than that. And again according to Pew lots of conventional 7.62 suppressors have pretty low gas on a MK18 so its not a surprise that a low flow one did as well.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Right, that’s why I said “but.” It was a goofball comparison when I did it, but the rental range had what they had. Regardless, I did get to shoot the two cans being compared in the last several posts and was able to at least develop some initial impressions, the lack of a control measure notwithstanding. It’s not like I would garner zero useful feedback from the experience, and I relayed the caveat.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The video I referred to...

Had the FlowK been available, when I bought my OSS HXQD556, I'd have certainly got it instead. I wouldn't mind having one now, but between having the OSS already, and being largely satisfied with the Surefires I use more anyway, I'd need to fall into a pile of money in order to justify the purchase.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting that.

Not as bad as the other one I watched but these guys really need to get over themselves and work on editing out the bullshit. Just give me the information and show me the stuff, this should not take 20+ minutes. Anyway, I guess I'm a jerk or badly ADHD afflicted, or have this weird thing where I value my time...

It's an interesting technology. For a short duty-geared AR you don't want to mess with, it makes sense. The flash suppression was also interesting. My Radiant in the short config definitely burps fireballs out of my 300BLK SBR.

The maintenance bit was also interesting. 5.56 geared cans usually are touted as "maintenance-free".

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the vid. No one else has mentioned cleaning it.

Just got the quote from the vendor, under $7500 for nine cans with mounts so the chief approved it.

Guessing right before I retire, I will clean them all and do a few mag dumps to dry them out. Should be fun. I think we have a couple of the large Slip2000 Carbon Killer in the storeroom. Wonder how that works on suppressors.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mentioned in one of these threads about cleaning and that my local dealer rents these and eventually had one self destruct because they didn't clean it either often enough or at all till they learned their lesson. And the cleaning interval is pretty often like 1500 rds. (versus like my surefire where they say 10K).

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just give me the information and show me the stuff, this should not take 20+ minutes.
I think, in the case of BrassFacts and others like him, the presenter is trying to be thorough; in the interest of both answering questions before they're asked and countering internet sharpshooters. Sometimes, a seemingly rambling portion can offer an opportunity for them to insert relevant footage as well. He tried to relay all his impressions, over the duration of ownership and rounds fired. If he said "I've used this over the course of six months and 10,000 rounds and it's figgen awesome", would you have been satisfied with that endorsement, or would you have wanted details? He also gets in the weeds about night vision performance aspects, which adds length to the video, and likely isn't important to many viewers. I agree that many presenters speak a lot without really saying anything, or rely too much on fancy editing of useless entertainment-oriented footage; those guntubers can create long and quite devoid-of-value videos. We all know how nuanced contemporary rifles and their accessories can be, when it comes to design and performance; it doesn't surprise me that a single silencer can be the topic of a lengthy video.

Also, when it comes to things like flash performance, he could tell you it's good, but it's a highly subjective aspect. He could show you images, but then he might be showing you either a favorable or unfavorable image. He needs to show video under different circumstances, to thoroughly give the viewer an impression of performance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSGM,

Posts: 2155 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post