SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...old-ms-griner-period

"We know that there were some issues dealing with vape cartridges and other items but let me be very clear," Lee, who represents Griner’s hometown of Houston, Texas, in Congress, said on Saturday. "Brittney Griner is a United States citizen, she was a guest in Russia…and I will be demanding her release."

Uh uh. "We know that there were some issues...' Yeah, genius- the 'issues' are possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia in a foreign country. As far as I'm concerned, they should prosecute this chick to the full extent of their law. She was really stupid and she should pay for her stupidity.

A couple of things, Sheila- The Russians don't give the first fuck about your "demands" except that your impotent bullshit may make them more determined to throw the book at her.

Secondly, I am certain that if this chick was white or Asian, you'd be just as riled up and demanding. Oh, yes, I am sure of it.

Fucking clown

Oh, by the way, THIS is what's locked up over there right now;

Brittney Griner: National anthem has no place in WNBA, sports

Uh huh. Hey, Britt? Yeah, that country you dont give a fuck about? You aren't going to see it for quite a spell, shnookums. Enjoy. And don't worry- the Russians won't bother you with playing the Star Spangled Banner.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
A couple of years at Club Siberia might open up a new career for her as a blues/rapper.

Posts: 5297 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
She can brush up her winter sports skills.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
There has always been a lot speculation that Brittney Griner is really a man. In fact, when I first saw her (can't remember now the circumstances, but I immediately recognized her name when this story popped up) I had legitimately thought she was a he and just a transgender person.

Who the hell knows? Still sounds and looks like a man to me. I suppose the Russians will sort all that out.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Professional athlete caught with drugs in a foreign country.

She is clearly setting an awesome example.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Bitch picked a bad time to be an American breaking Russian drug laws. Then again: She doesn't like America, anyway. Now she gets to spend truly quality extra time away.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
According to Russian authorities, Griner could face anywhere between 5-10 years if found guilty.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Shitty person earns shitty prize for shitty decision. Sounds like a win-win-win.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hell we won't even have to pay to house and feed her America-hating ass.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
for Pete's sake....

Former Pentagon official: Russia could use WNBA star Brittney Griner as 'high-profile hostage'

No, she is not a hostage. She broke the law and was caught at the airport.

No different than on National Geo's Locked Up Abroad.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
What a way to get a reality check.
Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

In some places they don't tolerate that shit and don't care that you are a black female that spends her time playing a game.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
There has always been a lot speculation that Brittney Griner is really a man. In fact, when I first saw her (can't remember now the circumstances, but I immediately recognized her name when this story popped up) I had legitimately thought she was a he and just a transgender person.

Who the hell knows? Still sounds and looks like a man to me. I suppose the Russians will sort all that out.

She is a 6’7” genetic freak, not a dude.

Watch her play basketball, she is a clumsy larger than life female, not a former dude.

But this woman is way too big for her britches, a decade in Siberia will knock the hate off her.

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
There is so much wrong with this situation.

1) Member of a WNBA team caught with drugs
2) Member caught with drugs did so in a foreign country
3) Country where the violation occurred is not known for civil rights
4) Country where the violation occurred is known for severe penalties for drug offenses
5) Rationale for her release is that she is an American and therefore a guest, and apparently can't be prosecuted?
6) Further rationale is that since Russia started a war, apparently they aren't allowed to enforce their own laws
7) Response was demanded from the US State Department, which clearly at this point in time has nothing better to do than coddle an athlete

You can't make this crap up.....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
There are teaming swarms of people in Eastern Europe that would literally give up everything to come to this country.

This moron who hates her country (even though it has made her rich for dribbling a ball around) goes and violates the law in a country we were/are on the brink of war with. It's only been on every news station for the last couple months.

Leave her there to rot and bring those here that want and deserve freedom and will appreciate this country.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4191 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With that Dennis Rodman starter kit she's got there she should have gone to North Korea instead. Lil' Kim might have smoked a fatty with her, because he's DOWN with the struggle, yo.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I think I'm indifferent to this person but I'm not sure. But if Sheila J. Lee wants to swap places with her, if it's that important, I'll send money and write letters.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Sadly, Potatus and his State Department will do more for this America hating trash, than the 13 heroes in Afghanistan or all those we left behind there close to seven months ago.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once you leave U.S. soil, all the “my rights” are left behind. You are a guest in a foreign country.

Vlad might pull some strings just so he doesn’t have to listen to this Jackson Lee.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sheila Jackson Lee

Maybe Hunter could be more helpful and influential. He has a direct link to the Big Guy.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Sadly, Potatus and his State Department will do more for this America hating trash, than the 13 heroes in Afghanistan or all those we left behind there close to seven months ago.

Actually Potato Head will work a deal in order to free she/he/they up for his next SCOTUS nomination. I mean she/he/they have valuable international law experience now.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post