SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tesla Cyber Truck
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tesla Cyber Truck Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, as I said- Elon Musk is a huckster.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107746 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It looks like a nonfunctional prop for a low budget sci-fi film.

Cable operated for Freejack i would guess.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2366 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
It looks like the product of relations between a Dodge M4S from The Wraith and a Pontiac Aztek.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3980 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Looks like Elon discoved the triangle.
It's an SUV not a truck.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3873 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
looking for a ladder rack to fit that...truck(?)...is not going well.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Looks like someone farted in a Delorean.

Ha!!!

Big Grin

LOL!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
Fashion is a fickle thing. That thing looks pretty ugly now, but that could change with time. I have a 2002 Tahoe, and at that time the “newer” rounded looks made the older square trucks very undesirable. Now when I look at it I wish I had the older version- it looks really dated. So Tesla’s truck looks extreme now- In 10 years who knows.

Even if that’s the final version, I think they’ll sell a shit ton of them. $70k, 0-60 under 3 seconds, 500 mile range, and 14,000 pounds towing. Anyone price a pretty basic Ford or Chevy lately?

Just when you finish making the payments it will look good?? Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
A very elaborate hoax?

That’s what I think.

Hoax gets my vote too. The “oops” moment with the “bulletproof” window also adds to the sense that this is a hoax.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6426 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
quote:
A very elaborate hoax?

That’s what I think.

Hoax gets my vote too. The “oops” moment with the “bulletproof” window also adds to the sense that this is a hoax.

If so, playing games like that are quite reckless. I believe I heard that the Tesla stock dropped something like 5% that day after that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
quote:
A very elaborate hoax?

That’s what I think.

If so, playing games like that are quite reckless. I believe I heard that the Tesla stock dropped something like 5% that day after that.

You are correct. And it wouldn’t be the first time Musk’s antics hammered the stock. (IIRC, he tweeted that he was considering taking Tesla private and the stock plummeted).

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6426 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I attended an oil & gas lunch today with about 30 people. One guy kept going on and on about how he had already called 2 dealers trying to give them a deposit to get in line for one. The rest of us called it ugly.

BTW, neither dealer had received any instructions on how to handle deposit requests. In other words, all flash and no business plan.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23320 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Reading 5 pages hasn't resulted in confidence this is a genuine marketing effort. Its almost like subsidies have resulted in a company that is out of touch with market forces.

I don't know what to make of them appearing to debut a product with great fanfare, that seems to be so far from being market ready. If we aren't being punked, then we have to assume they really haven't done the marketing features testing prior to performing them at the highly exposed debut. Is anybody that stupid and unprepared? Why in hell does the ugly POS need bullet proof glass anyway?

It reminds me of the rollout of the Tucker 48 and the rush to put together the first Tuckers to lure investors, and not a serious marketing effort. Indications this isn't a serious marketing effort suggests a doomed company, or that management is deluded.

It's almost like they are debuting a hurriedly concocted concept prototype as the real deal production vehicle. Either that or the laziest production concept marketing effort in the history of auto production.

Maybe Musk is so amused at suggestions to produce an electric pickup truck, that this is how he gets his jollies. I suppose an engineer could quickly evaluate if the numbers (price, range, payload) given are realistic or not. If they are a pipe dream, then we might be being played.

Proofreading my post, I'm more leaning towards this being a joke, and may indicate Tesla has absolutely no interest in producing a pickup truck. Either that or the company is desperate, or Musk has lost his mind.

Posts: 7485 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Yeah that’s not a truck I’ll buy, truck.......hmmmmm

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12938 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:

Elon let me down, so yesterday I came home with this
Very nice truck!

I am looking for a pick-up. I really wanted an intermediate size, and the Tacoma was my first choice. I sat in one, and then I sat in an example of every brand of intermediate size pick-up that I could find.

Unfortunately, none of them would accommodate my extra-long legs comfortably.

I really wanted a Tacoma. Frown

It looks like I will have to go with a full-size model if I want a pick-up. Right now, the RAM 1500 and the F-150 are at the top of my list. Too bad for me that the Tacoma won't work.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30737 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the article:
quote:
Musk says ordering is available now, but the link to the site was broken at the time of writing

His Hyperloop is electric cars on rails aka 1950's Disney Land.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13410 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Rivian look like they will be producing a v. spiffy truck/pickup AND a SUV.

Posts: 11338 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The numbers just don’t add up.

Range, towing lbs rating, cost.

If something is too good to be true..........

Posts: 923 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I knew I had seen that design before! Top Gear was years ahead of Tesla:

Posts: 3956 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Musk reported today: 146k Cybertruck orders so far, with 42% choosing dual, 41% tri & 17% single motor.

I also heard that the crumple zone is the other car. Eek

Posts: 3529 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post