SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tesla Cyber Truck
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tesla Cyber Truck Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
You know I think I’ll hold on to the Tacoma for a bit longer.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Just because it identifies as a truck doesn't make it a truck.

Posts: 3459 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it’s a typical car show teaser. That certainly isn’t how it’s going to sell. I think.

Here’s my take. I don’t work in construction or hard core anything. While I understand and appreciate overbuilding something, EV and bulletproof seem like opposing ideas. All that ultra thick stainless steel paneling can’t help range. Especially since roughly nobody is going to buy this and make it a work truck.

I also can’t imagine taking this off-road. Regardless of approach and departure angles, electric vehicles aren’t anyone’s first choice. Lugging extra gas cans is better than extra gas cans and a generator.

It’s probably great tech. I just don’t think it’s a great idea. And it’s ugly as fuck.

Posts: 7508 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I think it’s a typical car show teaser. That certainly isn’t how it's going to sell...

And it’s ugly as fuck.

FIFY Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8903 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Okay, I think it will sell just like that.

There are too many Instagram wannabes and Facebook attention whores who just gotta be seen in one. Think mostly about the dumb shits who buy a truck/car and have to have a picture of themselves standing on the roof with outstretched arms. Roll Eyes

'Hey! Look at me! I gots a new ride!' followed by 'I have a dashboard app on my phone that drives the truck' and stupid shit like 'The big touch screen can stream Hulu so I can watch Young Sheldon in the middle of the road.'.

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A very elaborate hoax?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30682 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is there something wrong with Elon Musk right now? I mean this seriously; he's not acting in a rational and sane manner lately.

Posts: 33816 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
It looks like the invention of a high school shop class.

Ha, my first thought as well. Kids, look what neat things you can do with a sheet metal brake!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Ford with the ugliest Mustang ever:

ELON MUSK - Hold my beer, ugliest truck ever:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10958 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It looks like a nonfunctional prop for a low budget sci-fi film.

Metalstorm called, they want their vehicles back.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Fashion is a fickle thing. That thing looks pretty ugly now, but that could change with time. I have a 2002 Tahoe, and at that time the “newer” rounded looks made the older square trucks very undesirable. Now when I look at it I wish I had the older version- it looks really dated. So Tesla’s truck looks extreme now- In 10 years who knows.

Even if that’s the final version, I think they’ll sell a shit ton of them. $70k, 0-60 under 3 seconds, 500 mile range, and 14,000 pounds towing. Anyone price a pretty basic Ford or Chevy lately?

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s a stealth truck. Undetectable by radar. Modeled after the Stealth Bomber.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
So Tesla’s truck looks extreme extremely ugly now- In 10 years who knows.

I'll help you out. In ten years, it'll still be butt-ass ugly.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
It’s a stealth truck. Undetectable by radar. Modeled after the Stealth Bomber.

Uhh more like F-117A..

because the stealth bomber has curves.. this thing is, like others said, designed by 6 year olds.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
A Lamborghini Countach designed in Minecraft.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11769 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'll predict it now: it won't be $70k, 0-60 in under 3 seconds, have 500 mile range, and tow 14,000 pounds. I'd be interested in knowing what the range will be while towing 14,000 pounds.

Posts: 10958 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Does it also come with a helmet where you must think in Russian? Big Grin

It looks like the front end of the Firefox plane chopped off, canards removed, and off-road wheels/tires added to it.

The only other viable applications of this design would be the star vehicle for the next Tron movie or a return of the 1980's TV show Automan.

I'm all for unique and interesting designs so that we don't have to deal with a sea of vanilla like-looking vehicles, but wow Musk?!?!?

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I'll predict it now: it won't be $70k, 0-60 in under 3 seconds, have 500 mile range, and tow 14,000 pounds. I'd be interested in knowing what the range will be while towing 14,000 pounds.

I would be willing to bet some small amount of money that the 500 miles will not be true if the towing limit is being utilized (14,000 or whatever it turns out to be).

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It looks like a slightly larger version of the car that Dynamo was driving in The Running Man.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk is a huckster.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post