SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
“It’s almost like the state has to prove a negative once somebody claims self-defense,” said Racine, Wis.-based defense attorney Patrick Cafferty. “We all know from our philosophy class in college that it's next to impossible to prove a negative

so it's 'almost like', not like and then 'it's next to impossible' not impossible; I'd have to do the math to see how likely it is that this guy is talking out his ass. almost like x next to impossible=???

Posts: 6441 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The judge has agreed the jury can consider lesser charges. I’m surprised Kyles lawyers agreed to this.

“ KENOSHA, Wisc., Nov 12 (Reuters) - The judge in the murder trial of Kyle Rittenhouse said on Friday he would allow the jury to consider lesser charges in the shooting of one of two men the defendant is charged with killing during racial justice protests in a Wisconsin city last year.

But Kenosha County Judge Bruce Schroeder ruled against the prosecution's request to allow the jury to consider a lesser charge in the killing of a second man.”

Kyle’s defense team agreed to this? Why?
My take is Binger way overcharged the case and has lost the case. So why let this bottom feeder have a “do over?”

https://www.reuters.com/world/...shooting-2021-11-12/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6064 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
How does that work? He not on trial for "lesser charges". Doesn't seem fair.

Posts: 20217 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
All I see is Bigfoot and ET having a 3 way with a unicorn.

It looks like a baboon in a closet at midnight.

C'mon, man. You guys don't see Elvis helping Rittenhouse aim his AR ? That photo clearly shows that.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16568 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK Why is the District Attorney not trying this case for the state? In my experience the DA wants to handle all the big cases. Lets face it the two Asst. DAs are doing poorly.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 2016, Binger ran for district attorney in neighboring Racine County as a Democrat, losing to the Republican in the race. If elected, he planned to implement a diversion program for drug offenders and use academic researchers to create data to guide prosecutions.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not a surppise. His wife is an LPC

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
What in the world is going on with this Judge?

Is he trying to give it away now, afer seeming reasonable?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe lesser charges lower the burden of proof.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
What in the world is going on with this Judge?

Is he trying to give it away now, afer seeming reasonable?

That idiot should know that making a joke at the expense of the president, unions, Pete B, and dockworkers is anti Asian.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I believe the images are Rorschsch images. In one I see 40,000 sammiches.

Posts: 3487 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Man, that was painful to watch. Provocation has little or no evidence or testimony. I hope the defense can read the jury. motion for mistrial with prejudice or JNOV.

Posts: 3556 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I believe lesser charges lower the burden of proof.

Why is it even being allowed as an option?

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Because Kyle Rittenhouse is allowing it. He was asked by the Judge if that is what he wanted and he said yes.

Posts: 11186 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
The Reuters link above says the judge is allowing consideration of lesser charges, yet Newsmax is saying the opposite.
Which is it?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16568 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
The Reuters link above says the judge is allowing consideration of lesser charges, yet Newsmax is saying the opposite.
Which is it?
Both, one of each on different cases.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6251 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you be more specific??

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

“Maybe I’m supposed to applaud him for not saying ‘Oriental food,’” tweeted John C. Yang, executive director of Asian Americans Advancing Justice, an advocacy group defending the human and civil rights of Asian Americans. “During a trial that clearly has race implications, no less. Definitely not okay.”

Clybaby!
Snowfrake!
Righten up, Flancis!

It’s all virtue signaling. Joe Biden literally called Satchel Paige a negro yesterday and the left says it’s okay.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Cut that shit out. WTF is wrong with you (Richard)?

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Because Kyle Rittenhouse is allowing it. He was asked by the Judge if that is what he wanted and he said yes.

Bizarre and fascinating. Thanks, missed that.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Cut that shit out. WTF is wrong with you (Richard)?

OK, I apologize, sorry, didn't mean to offend sensitive folks.

Edit: I'll delete my post.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15953 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post