SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
11/28/22

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
12/5/22

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Does Trump Really Want to be President Again?

Victor Davis Hanson  | Dec 08, 2022

https://townhall.com/columnist...ident-again-n2616901

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
12/12/22

No description provided

--Sir Winston Churchill

--James Earl Jones

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump announced yesterday that he would be making a major announcement today. Being a curious guy, I wondered what it might be. Well, here is is. He is selling Trump trading cards. And at a very reasonable $99. Not for the whole set. $99 each. This is not a parody web site. It's real. None of the money is going to Trump's Presidential campaign. It goes to Trump. If you wish to contribute to his campaign, it's a separate donation.

https://www.collecttrumpcards.com/

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
Trump announced yesterday that he would be making a major announcement today. Being a curious guy, I wondered what it might be. Well, here is is. He is selling Trump trading cards. And at a very reasonable $99...

He made a second, far more important announcement today which will be overshadowed by the trading cards. WHO IS ADVISING HIM???

Trump pledges to bar government agencies from 'colluding' to stifle speech

Story by Ryan King • 1h ago

Former President Donald Trump is pledging to ban the federal government from "colluding with any organization" to "impede the lawful speech of American citizens" should he retake the White House in 2024.

Casting himself as a supporter of free speech, Trump torched recent revelations from the "Twitter Files" that top executives at the company attended meetings with law enforcement officials, and he laid out a litany of executive actions as well as congressional legislation he wants pursue to obliterate the "censorship regime..."

Complete article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...e-speech/ar-AA15ku3d

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Listen for yourself - Trump isn't done, not by a damn sight regardless of what those that mock and rely on msn.com for interpretation post.

https://theconservativetreehou...-rights/#more-240951

President Trump Announces Plan to Protect Free Speech and Digital Bill of Rights
December 15, 2022 | Sundance | 376 Comments
This afternoon President Donald Trump released a video outlining a campaign platform position around free speech. {Direct Rumble Link}

Referencing the latest revelations about various political groups, campaigns and government agencies instructing social media platforms on the removal of content, President Trump notes his position would be to dismantle the government systems that facilitate the censorship. President Trump notes he would sign an executive order banning any federal agency from censoring or limiting the free speech of American citizens.

Additionally, President Trump noted he would ban federal money from being used to label domestic speech as misinformation or disinformation, along with firing any bureaucrat who has previously engaged in the domestic censorship, directly or indirectly, including within all agencies of the DHS, FBI or DOJ who have targeted the free speech rights of Americans...

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump’s NFTs sold out in a day, doubled in value

Former President Donald Trump’s line of digital trading cards had sold out a day after their release and their value had more than doubled, coin experts said Friday.

All 45,000 of the 45th president’s NFTs — which depict him as everything from a superhero to an astronaut — had sold as of 1:30 p.m. Friday.

According to NFT marketplace OpenSea, the collection was trading at a volume of 1,448 ETH, the equivalent of $1.73 million.

The floor price of the haul stood at around $220, up from Thursday’s mint price of $99.

One rare version of the non-fungible tokens, featuring Trump holding a torch in front of the Statue of Liberty, was listed with a “floor value” of almost $24,000, according to coindesk.com.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/16/...campaign=android_nyp

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fungus what now?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The American public is a gullible bunch! Good president or not. $99.00 per pop that goes straight into a billionaires’ pocket; no thanks!

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Sooo, bought anything from Amazon lately...Plenty of ways to put money in the pockets of billionaires! People vote with their wallets everyday!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Sooo, bought anything from Amazon lately...Plenty of ways to put money in the pockets of billionaires! People vote with their wallets everyday!

Never spent a penny on Amazon either. So many people looking for instant gratification. I want it and I want it now or perhaps yesterday. Johnqpublic generational purchasing stupidity. This country is in serious trouble!

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Vote with you wallet...It's your choice where you spend your money! Everyone else has that right as well, so not sure why you're so 'judgy' on the NFT thing. I'm sure those that purchased the Trump NFT's did so willingly, and many likely thought it was a good value for whatever reason. I myself see ZERO value in any NFT, and could care less if others are spending seemingly unrealistic sums for such nonsensical things.

Per my previous post, there's plenty of ways to put money in the hands of billionaires, and I just named the most obvious one. I could add Walmart and Apple, and MANY more to that list. As long as you're not compelled to do so, it's all just free market capitalism! Don't want to participate, don't! Vote with YOUR wallet...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
The American public is a gullible bunch! Good president or not. $99.00 per pop that goes straight into a billionaires’ pocket; no thanks!
The fungus has already doubled in value.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/16/...campaign=android_nyp (This link is already on this page, but I guess you missed it)

Please explain to me what makes these people gullible? By doubling their money?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Seems about right.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Vote with you wallet...It's your choice where you spend your money! Everyone else has that right as well, so not sure why you're so 'judgy' on the NFT thing. I'm sure those that purchased the Trump NFT's did so willingly, and many likely thought it was a good value for whatever reason. I myself see ZERO value in any NFT, and could care less if others are spending seemingly unrealistic sums for such nonsensical things.

Per my previous post, there's plenty of ways to put money in the hands of billionaires, and I just named the most obvious one. I could add Walmart and Apple, and MANY more to that list. As long as you're not compelled to do so, it's all just free market capitalism! Don't want to participate, don't! Vote with YOUR wallet...

You are correct. I probably overstepped. Just seemed strange when I first read about a former president doing collector cards for his own profit (not for re-election funding).

To each his own. I have chosen not to participate in this instance. No hard feelings on my end. No intent to insult anyone else.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
DEMs don't even try to hide their influence and threats on media

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ing-content-n2617308

In a letter to Nicholas Clegg, the president of global affairs for Facebook parent company Meta, Reps. Adam Schiff (D-CA), Cathy Castor (D-FL), Andre Carson (D-IN), and Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) demand that the company continue censoring what it calls "dangerous and unfounded election denial content" and "continue the suspension of former president Donald Trump's Facebook account beyond January."

The Democrat lawmakers explain that "social media platforms like Meta often alter or rollback certain misinformation policies, because they are temporary and specific to the election season" but fret that "[d]oing so in this current environment, in which election disinformation continuously erodes trust in the integrity of the voting process, would be a tragic mistake." Clutching their pearls tighter, the Democrats demand that "Meta must commit to strong election misinformation policies year-round, as we are still witnessing falsehoods about voting and the prior elections spreading on your platform."

"For Meta to credibly maintain a legitimate election integrity policy, it is essential that your company maintain its platform ban on former president Trump," the letter continues as lawmakers tell Meta how to run its business. The Democrats also go after Facebook allowing "election denial claims" by other candidates to "remain untouched on Facebook" which "gained more engagement on the platform."

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...g-ballot-harvesting/

Former President Donald Trump told Breitbart News exclusively here on Friday that Republicans must engage and fight Democrats on mail voting and ballot harvesting like the Democrats fight, saying the GOP has “no choice” but to “live with the system that stinks” for now until Republicans get back into power and can change it for the better.

To be clear, Trump still believes there should be systemic reform to the way elections are conducted. “The best thing would be same-day voting, paper ballots, voter ID, et cetera,” he said, reiterating points he has made in public remarks and in previous interviews with Breitbart News on this front.

He also bashed the mail voting and ballot harvesting system in play nationally as broadly “corrupt.”

“The system, it’s not a question of being broken — the system is corrupt,” Trump told Breitbart News. “It’s a corrupt system. A mail-in ballot will always be corrupt. When you go to a polling location and they want your identification and everything, the way — you can’t really vote unless it’s a legit deal. If you have mail-in ballots, nobody has any idea where it’s coming from or where it’s going to and then it travels through so many hands. Jimmy Carter came out a long time ago with a number of highly respected people and they wrote something, and the one thing that come out loud and clear is that mail-in ballots are corrupt. France had it, a lot of countries had it and they went away from it now.”

While Trump questioning these matters is not particularly new, the interesting and very new detail here is Trump recognizes that for now Republicans are not in the position they need to be at in government, at the federal or state and local levels, to be able to enact major reforms on this front. So, until such time as they can, Trump says now Republicans should continue to “shame” Democrats but recognize that the system is the way it is — but more importantly Trump says the GOP should actually compete with Democrats on this battlefield in elections and try to outdo the Democrats in the mail voting.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post