SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Perfect. Just what everyone wants...another six years of this shit. Roll Eyes

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Trump will never go to prison, he knows it, they know it.

It is all window dressing, to create an ongoing perception that he is a criminal, a mean guy, and unelectable.

The media will run with it, Democrats and RINOs will run with it. And it WILL ramp up since he is running for POTUS.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
This is such a third world banana republic move. Biden and his ilk are that afraid of President Trump.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
AG Garland has named a special counsel to investigate President Trump

Garland named John L. Smith as special counsel Friday afternoon in a televised press statement.

Smith is the Deputy Assistant Attorney General of the Civil Rights Division at U.S. Department of Justice — one of the most highly politicized, left-wing departments within the agency.

In 2010, Obama Attorney General Eric Holder picked Jack Smith to run Public Integrity Section.

Smith took out VA Gov. Bob McDonnell as a potential Republican presidential candidate--on bogus corruption charges.

Supreme Court reversed, 8-0.

Justice Scalia passed away after the Court accepted the case for review but before it issued its opinion.

Now Smith is back--to take out Trump.

The case cost McDonnell over 27M and ruined any chance he had to ever run for president.

https://twitter.com/DC_SwampFo.../1593744832383549445

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
This is such a third world banana republic move. Biden and his ilk are that afraid of President Trump.

These same commies push the narrative that Trump is done, he is unelectable, DeSantis, ANYBODY ELSE, will be the nominee.

But "they" don't go after them. They only go after Trump.

And they only go after the guy with the ball.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Knock It Off – Get up, Get Back on Your Feet, YOU Are the ONE They Can’t Beat, and YOU Know It….

It might, heck, -check that- it does seem overwhelming at times. But that is the nature of this collectivist strategy. That is the purpose of this bombardment. We must hold strong and push back against the lies and manipulations. If you look closely at the attack, it is weak and much of it is psychological bait. Do not fall into the trap of despair.

When I share the message “live your best life”, it is not without purpose. Every moment that we allow the onslaught to deter us from living our dreams, is a moment those who oppose our nation view as us taking a knee. Do not allow this effort to succeed.  You might ask yourself how I can, one person, a flea looking into a furnace, retain an optimistic disposition while all around me seems chaotic and mad.

Simple answer, it’s your choice. Two wolves fight – one filled with despondency, isolation, despair and dark imaginings; the other filled with faith, something bigger, unrelenting hope, focus and driven to remain connected. Which wolf will win? The one you feed.

Shake it off. “Get up, get back on your feet, you are the one they can’t beat, and you know it.”
WATCH:

The point? It ‘seems’ chaotic and mad because it has been created to appear that way. There are more of us than them; they just control the systems that allow us to connect, share messages and recognize the scale of our assembly.

And here we are… divided by a network of seemingly intoxicating systems; many purposefully driven by the modern dynamic of social media, steering a tribal outcome we are only now just beginning to fathom.

Ultimately the collective weight of progressive leftism is putting us is isolation. There are many historic references to this disconcerting sentiment to review with hindsight. However, ultimately the feeling of isolation first begins with a rejection of God. Defeat it by embracing Him.

In/around July 2020 it was obvious in my travels we were on the precipice of a disconnect from human interaction that would numb our psyche to what ultimately matters, fellowship.

Not only are various governmental agencies forcing the separation of people from their community networks, we were also seeing faith-based organizations, churches, buying into the fear.

Even in areas where churches were not forcibly shut down, we saw a structural shift where some faith leaders were willingly ostracizing their community under the guise of various medical, social and cultural alarms.

This is not good…. not good at all.

Fellowship is the essential ingredient to a purposeful life. How and why we interact with each-other is how and why we recharge our core humanity.

To see faith leaders willing to separate from the function of fellowship was alarming. However, as individuals we must not allow this foreboding sense to become the normal expectation.

Our nation needs more people like you, right now. Don’t wait… engage life, get optimistic however you need to do it. Then let that part of you shine right now… This is how we fight. Hold up that flag; give the starter smile… rally to the standard you create and spread fellowship again.

Throughout history large armies have been defeated through the process of division. It is not a leap to see the same strategic objectives being deployed against social assemblies including congregations. It is puzzling how many in leadership cannot see the danger in social and spiritual distance when the bond of fellowship is needed more than ever.

Each of us has a different connection to our community. Each of us has a different level of internal strength… such is the nature of living. However, the distance between people is manifestly not a good outcome when combined with the lack of food for the soul.

The influence of social media is already troublesome, physically distancing from human engagement only worsens the impact. There is no digital replacement for the true fellowship of humanity on a personal level.

Ultimately it is the currency of human connection that is the true value in our lives.

We have each felt how our positive influence upon the lives of others nourishes our own sense of purpose and fulfillment… Do not lose that. Do not think you can compensate for that through other arbitrary measures; you cannot.

With local, state and federal leaders moving increasingly toward self-interest; with disconnected workplaces creating social distance; with faith-based leaders unfocused on the value of fellowship; and now government entering your home to tell you the importance of separating yourself from your family we must dispatch these arbitrary decrees very deliberately.

Perhaps we are in this position today because we didn’t sit still enough and contemplate the real priorities in our lives. Fellowship is the essential ingredient to a purposeful life.

I will not divide my humanity, nor concede my core view of fellowship, simply to comply with the demand of another that I consider my brother or sister of greater or less value than myself. Any system that seeks to steer my path will not benefit from my participation. I choose freedom!

My f**king choice…

Our Liberty is inherent.

Our freedom is inherent.

The removal of both requires consent.

I choose not to disconnect.

I choose purpose.

I choose my own humanity.

I believe in a generous loving God.

My faith stands.

https://theconservativetreehou...know-it/#more-239999

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Most excellent post chellim 1. My friend will read this at Sunday School tomorrow. Best thing I have read in Sig Forum in some time now. Is there a phone app for conservativetreehouse?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Most excellent post chellim 1. My friend will read this at Sunday School tomorrow. Best thing I have read in Sig Forum in some time now. Is there a phone app for conservativetreehouse?

David, I agree about chellim's post! Very positive and gives me encouragement and hope.

And the included video, which I've seen and enjoyed before, made me very emotional this time. The dedication of young musicians proving the point all the more. It really hit me while watching that.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to conceive of what needs to happen to result in independents/moderates, and other part of the walking brain-dead electorate, who are ultimately responsible for the outcome of a presidential election, to side with Trump.

My fear is that between Trump's personality and the non-stop leftist barrage of propaganda and investigations, the alienation may be too entrenched. With the election outcome, the investigations cease and the criminal pursuit begins. The pivot is evident based on the recent appointment of a special prosecutor.

Posts: 2715 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Trump has been knocked down many times, but he’s still in the fight. I’ll be voting for him, if he gets the Republican nomination for president. If for some reason he doesn’t get the nomination, then I’ll vote for DeSantis or whichever Republican runs against the Democrat nominee. In the meantime, I’ll enjoy the fact that Pelosi won’t be calling the shots in the House.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's quite simple- support the Republican nominee, whoever it may be, but as sure as I'm sitting here. I'll have to drive this point home ten thousand times over the next two years.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that that's exactly what I intend to do.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, it's quite simple- support the Republican nominee, whoever it may be, but as sure as I'm sitting here. I'll have to drive this point home ten thousand times over the next two years.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that that's exactly what I intend to do.

You got that right.

Posts: 2715 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
In the meantime, I’ll enjoy the fact that Pelosi won’t be calling the shots in the House.
I wouldn't count on that. As long as she is there, she will be in charge, even if she doesn't want to be. Whoever has the title will defer to her, no matter what.

When our Choir Director of 27 years retired in 1999 and a new Director was hired, the old Director changed to a different church for 5 years just so the new Director would not have to be fighting to have control. The old Director (now dead) came back and joined the Choir when he figured enough time had elapsed to fully seat the new guy. (The old Director's wife stayed in the Choir for the entire period and that wasn't a problem.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Whoever has the title will defer to her, no matter what.

Call me skeptical, but I really do not see Kevin McCarthy deferring to Pelosi on any issue.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Whoever has the title will defer to her, no matter what.

Call me skeptical, but I really do not see Kevin McCarthy deferring to Pelosi on any issue.

Agree. I suspect flashguy might have meant the house minority leader.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
President Trump’s twitter page is now back!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Katy Chevigny is married to prosecutor Jack Smith

The wife of Jack Smith, the special counsel appointed by the DOJ to go after President Trump was not only a donor to Joe Biden, but also a producer of the Michelle Obama documentary

https://twitter.com/greg_price...HHwWgoC9vYTp7qEsAAAA

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
So what you’re saying is that there is TOTAL objectivity on her part. Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
almost 2 years after 6 Jan 2021, FBI arrests Menachem Cohen on misdemeanor charges

he spent about 20 minutes in the bldg

Our super sleuths:

mom must be proud

https://twitter.com/julie_kell.../1594802065603174417

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
11/21/22

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post