SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 ... 929
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
President Trump meets bodega worker cleared of murder for stabbing ex-con

“Donald Trump left his criminal trial on Tuesday and visited a bodega worker cleared of murder for stabbing an ex-con to death in self-defense in his Manhattan store.

The former president headed to Hamilton Heights to speak to Jose Alba, who knifed Austin Simon to death in July 2022, when he jumped the counter in his store.

Alba's case sparked widespread scrutiny across New York City, until charges against him were dropped in July by Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg, who has become a frequent target of Trump's attacks on the campaign trail.

Trump received a raucous welcome as he arrived at the bodega, with the crowd chanting 'four more years' and cheering his name. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/13316465

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9019 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26532 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
If you ask me the reaction and reception Trump got in Harlem is a very good sign and one that has to be making the Dems worried.

Posts: 33902 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Worried? The dems are in full blown panic mood.

Yesterday I saw a Fox poll that had Trump at 30% of black male voters. Damn. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5057 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Everything is always in mid-air.

I wish we could get something definitive in all of this. Everything is always just right around the corner.

My patience grows thin and I know I am far from alone. November is taking fucking forever to get here.

Amen, and amen!!!

Posts: 4613 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
OT but here is a fiery argument between a judge and a Fani Willis prosecutor

video at link

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fan...en-yourself-together

A Georgia prosecutor from Fulton County District Attorney Fanni Willis' office got into a shouting match Wednesday with the judge overseeing the trial of rapper Young Thug as the pair argued over evidentiary matters.

Chief Deputy District Attorney Adriane Love and Fulton County Judge Ural Glanville got into a heated shouting match when the judge ruled that the evidence Love wanted to introduce would be excluded.

"Why didn't we file this stuff months ago and let's wind it out and air it out at that point in time," Glanville told the defense before asking Love about the matter.

The judge asked Love if prosecutors had discussions about the evidence before excluding the material. As Love began voicing her frustration, Glanville said: "Well then you all should have gotten yourself together beforehand."

Posts: 19611 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

Yesterday I saw a Fox poll that had Trump at 30% of black male voters. Damn. Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16728 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107769 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
https://twitter.com/EndWokenes.../1780966894310187188

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1780966894310187188" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 576px; display: block; border: medium; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.net/embeds/images/bgmessage.png'); background-position: center 85px; background-size: 200px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Prima facie evidence President Trump cannot get a fair trial anywhere in New York.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31488 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
<<snip>>
Prima facie evidence President Trump cannot get a fair trial anywhere in New York.

That's what I've assumed so far. Despite the fact that a lot of New Yorkers like and support Trump, there are still way too many that hate him, beginning with the judge! Getting a fair trial there will be next to impossible. Only by the grace and intervention of God Almighty will Trump get through this unscathed... and I trust God will handle this according to His will.

Posts: 4613 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

The irony is that the DA and the judge are impartial and biased, not just the excused jurors.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16728 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

You are right:

Katie Couric’s slam on MAGA voters lifts the veil on Dem groupthink

quote:

The media and establishment Dems plainly think of themselves as the erudite “adults in the room,” while Republicans are backward, hateful, uneducated rednecks.

Have they looked at the polls lately?

Black and Latino voters are fleeing to Trump, as are young voters — demographics that Democrats used to have locked down tight.

These are not exactly the caricature of MAGA supporters liberals imagine.

Posts: 33902 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

The irony is that the DA and the judge are impartial and biased, not just the excused jurors.

You think the judge and the DA are impartial? Are you serious??? Are we talking about the same judge who will not let Trump attend his own son's high school graduation?!?

If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/gatewaypun.../1781006097517572145

A second seated juror was dismissed on Thursday after they were sworn in by the judge presiding over the Stormy Daniels ‘hush money’ trial.

One juror on Thursday was already excused from service after she admitted to concerns about her impartiality upon being officially sworn in by Judge Juan Merchan.

“Yesterday alone, I had friends and family push things to me,” the first dismissed juror stated. “I don’t think at this point that I can be fair and unbiased.”

A second juror was dismissed over his past arrest. Details of juror number 4’s criminal past were not disclosed.

NBC News reported:

After they had a conference with the juror, Merchan announced he’s excusing juror No. 4, who had previously been seated and sworn him. His prior arrest was questioned by the DA.

A seated juror was called for questioning, with prosecutors inquiring about whether or not he was truthful in answering questions about his past criminal history.

Following a conference between the juror and Merchan, the judge said, the juror “expressed annoyance about how much information was out there about him in the public.”

And Merchan sealed the portion of the transcript where he says the juror discussed “highly personal” information.

Jury selection was underway on Thursday for Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg’s lawfare case against Trump. Last April Trump was hit with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records and conspiracy.

Judge Merchan admonished the mainstream media for excessive exposure of juror information. He announced that potential jurors’ places of employment would be removed from the public record and instructed members of the media to refrain from describing jurors’ appearances.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

bronicabill: I'm guessing it's a simple typo...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/i/status/1780773564997644341

"I'm here today to aid the subcommittee in resolving factual errors in the official record of what happened on January 6th, 2021, specifically regarding the alleged District of Columbia National Guard delayed response caused by a critical presidentially appointed, Senate-confirmed Pentagon senior officials," Captain Timothy Nick testified under oath on Capitol Hill on Wednesday. [...]

"First, I want to explain my role on January 6th. I was assigned as aid to camp the personal assistant to Major General William Walker, the commanding General of DC National Guard. It was my only second day on the job (!). Please focus on alleged facts found in the November 16th, 2021 Department of Defense Inspector General's multidisciplinary review into the DC National Guard response and Department of Defense's role that day."

"I can say unequivocally that the Inspector General's Review is riddled with inaccuracies, misstatements, and perhaps false flags and narratives regarding how critical Pentagon senior officials responded when our republic was under great stress (!!)."

"For instance, during a conference call at 2:31 PM with members of United States Army, US Capitol Police, Metropolitan Police Department, District of Columbia Government, and US Secret Service Uniform Division, the US Army's Lieutenant General Walter Piatt, Director of Army staff and the Army's Lieutenant General Charles Flynn, Director of Chief of Staff of Operations were on the call." Also was Colonel John Lubas, executive officer to the Secretary of the Army."

"The Army FALSELEY DENIED that General Flynn was ever on the call. This is false and material on its face. Lieutenant Flynn was on the call and even participated in discussions. The defense inspector's review also rounds language papering over the fact that Lieutenant General Piatt, Lieutenant General Flynn, while on the call discussed how they did not like the OPTICS."

"That is a direct quote, and they stated it would be in their best military advice to recommend to the Secretary of the Army, Ryan McCarthy, to deny the request from Command General William Walker to deploy the DC National Guard and aid US Capitol Police in restoring restoration of Order Liberty on Capitol Hill."

"In addition, former [Army] Secretary Ryan McCarthy claims he was on a 2:31 PM call and spoke on that call. This is FALSE, unless he was in the room shadowing the call and he did not speak nor identify himself."

"He was not on the call. He was en route to Washington, DC Regional office at the Federal Bureau of Investigation to support that agent's concept of operations plan for January 6th."

"He went on the claim that he called and spoke to Major General Walker at least twice, ordering the deployment of the DC National Guard. This is also FALSE. At no time did General Walker take any calls, nor did we ever hear from the secretary on any of the ongoing conference calls or the secure video teleconferencing throughout the day."

"This I know because I was with the Command General the entire time recording events throughout the day. Major General Walker told by staff officers to stand by with respect to deploying to the Capitol Hill. Only at 5:09 PM in the early evening, which I wrote down in my wheel book, was the DC Guard given an order to deploy and move to the Capitol to assist Capitol Police."

"We arrived too late. One American laid dead with other sisters and brothers injured, including federal and local law enforcement officers. We were ready and standing by. I know if we were able to deploy immediately, when General Walker made the request, the National Guard could have helped and civil disturbance and restored public order quickly."

"The Army National Guard motto was always ready, always there. The DC National Guard was ready to help and assist Capitol Police, but we were NOT ALLOWED to do our job due to paralyzed decision-making by acting Secretary of Defense,Chris Miller and Secretary of the Army, Ryan McCarthy..."

"This led to a crisis in federal leadership at the Pentagon and delayed the DC response by 3 hours and 19 minutes."

This is critical testimony exposing the U.S. government as perpetrating a false narrative of events for January 6 to frame Donald Trump as participating in a treasonous "insurrection" when the opposite was true.

The President of the United States had pre-authorized the deployment of 10,000 National Guard troops and delegated this responsibility to the Secretary of the Army.

But instead of deploying National Guard troops to secure the capitol during the election challenges in the Electoral College, the Pentagon delayed dispatching troops over an alleged concern for "optics," even as the same government would later call January 6 'an existential threat to democracy.'

The U.S. government allowed the January 6 riots to happen in order to frame Donald Trump and his supporters as 'insurrectionists.' It is simple as that.

Posts: 19611 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

bronicabill: I'm guessing it's a simple typo...

Yes, not impartial and biased.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
If you ask me the reaction and reception Trump got in Harlem is a very good sign and one that has to be making the Dems worried.

Maybe for the election but I am less confident of any spec of a fair trial including jury selection.

Posts: 22955 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Did Trump truly care for the bodega worker? I'm going to be Debbie Downer and say that his sole reason was the optics and salting the potential jury pool. If his motives were pure that's great. If not, he did a good job of speaking to potential jurors. Anything to bend the jurors in his favor.

Posts: 4090 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Figure it the fuck out on your own, if you can.